CANARYKING

You’re not going to like this but…….

15 minutes ago, Heading South said:

They are definitely on an upward curve , according to some stats Thayer are currently the most inform team in Europe , have scored most goals , have most wins and GD as nearly all the top teams inc Prem .

Something has really clicked at Poorman Rd , and that manager apparently is very astute and will be sort after shortly .

….

….wait for it…

……

binner !

Edited by Nuff Said

17 minutes ago, Heading South said:

They are definitely on an upward curve , according to some stats Thayer are currently the most inform team in Europe , have scored most goals , have most wins and GD as nearly all the top teams inc Prem .

Something has really clicked at Poorman Rd , and that manager apparently is very astute and will be sort after shortly .

This is worse than the OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

….

….wait for it…

……

binner !

Wait for it...

100% correct 

• Like 1

That binner has been posting on here for ages. Well, been quieter the past 14 years or so..

• Haha 1

On 19/03/2023 at 18:10, Heading South said:

ITFC may be on an upward curve.

This supporter's spelling most definitely isn't....

On 19/03/2023 at 16:46, Virtual reality said:

Absolutely no guarantees that they will come up. Absolutely no reason why we still can’t make the playoffs ourselves if our players actually play like they can 

You obviously do not go to cR

The players are actually playing as well as they can and that’s Mid- table Championship  football AT BEST

The current team in TP would be chasing shadows a bit like Burnley at the weekend 

Can we agree that a company with 3 employees, each partners in the business is basically a capitalist project? They go out and provide services or goods in exchange for money. At the end of the year, they have a turnover. That turnover's makes a decent profit and they all get a good wage with a dividend.

Now go 10 years down the line. If the turnover has only grown in line with inflation, are any of the people working there any worse off? Is it inherently a problem if they haven't taken on new staff, but those three partners are still making a decent living having decided to stick to the limit of the work that those three people can handle?

Now imagine it takes on three more partners over the next 10 years and their turnover grows in line with inflation still. The three original partners are worse off than they would have been having stuck with the original trio.

This is a very simplistic illustration of what I'm talking about to break down the mechanics of it.

GDP does not inherently need to grow for a functioning capitalist economy; it's only that some elements of our society, like pensions, have effectively been operated like Ponzi schemes, requiring constant GDP growth to sustain those elements; basically its pensions and care for the elderly that become the problem without constant GDP growth, which is where automation and AI can come in to help fill those gaps.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

On 19/03/2023 at 09:41, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know thinking about it the last time they beat us was April 2009. Blimey, a lot has happened since then. A whole 14 years ago..

I would say I feel sorry when I see young Ipswich fans under 14 as they have never seen their team beat us but I don't as it is quite funny.

I mean, lets be honest, it's more likely to be 16-18 as even if they went are 2yrs old they won't actually be able to recall it very clearly.

Just like any fans that could actually remember their last actual proper successes will be in their mid forties or more now, at least. 

As a City fan I am not interested in what Ipswich do on the pitch or off it.

As a football fan it has to be said that appointing the present manager was the turning point in their revival.Even if they don't make one of the automatic spots they have a good chance in the playoffs.

At this moment in time if we were to meet then I would be very concerned about the outcome.

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Can we agree that a company with 3 employees, each partners in the business is basically a capitalist project? They go out and provide services or goods in exchange for money. At the end of the year, they have a turnover. That turnover's makes a decent profit and they all get a good wage with a dividend.

Now go 10 years down the line. If the turnover has only grown in line with inflation, are any of the people working there any worse off? Is it inherently a problem if they haven't taken on new staff, but those three partners are still making a decent living having decided to stick to the limit of the work that those three people can handle?

Now imagine it takes on three more partners over the next 10 years and their turnover grows in line with inflation still. The three original partners are worse off than they would have been having stuck with the original trio.

This is a very simplistic illustration of what I'm talking about to break down the mechanics of it.

GDP does not inherently need to grow for a functioning capitalist economy; it's only that some elements of our society, like pensions, have effectively been operated like Ponzi schemes, requiring constant GDP growth to sustain those elements; basically its pensions and care for the elderly that become the problem without constant GDP growth, which is where automation and AI can come in to help fill those gaps.

Can we agree this has nothing to do with the post topic

• Like 4

Just now, BurwellCanary said:

Can we agree this has nothing to do with the post topic

And can we also agree that no one can be bothered to argue the to55 with Mr . Arenticlever? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

IF we do end up in the same league as that lot it will put a different perspective on things. We will need to finish higher than them and suddenly there will be another benchmark.

There will be a few on here who haven't yet experienced local rivalry. It certainly creates a different dynamic.

Bring it on!

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

There will be a few on here who haven't yet experienced local rivalry. It certainly creates a different dynamic.

If, as many of us suspect, we're in for a few seasons of rebuilding in the Championship before we can mount a proper promotion challenge, then we might be grateful for the prospect of a couple of derbies to give our seasons a bit of focus. Everyone remembers Klose's last-minute equaliser despite that being a very forgettable season for us.

I can't say I'm hoping they get promoted, but if they do it will be good to have the derby back. As long as we win.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bring it on!

It's lost a lot of the ' buzz ' it enjoyed back in the day. There's a reasonable minority who couldn't give a rat's a*se about it although I accept the majority still do. 

On 19/03/2023 at 08:59, CANARYKING said:

…. For years we have been the dominant team in East Anglia. Next season you know who and us will very probably be in the same League, not looking forward to the derbies, will the cycle of being unbeaten finally end. Tin hat on.

in third place and going well..., however, after being in the top two for long periods and falling away, I look forward to aother collapse in form and failing to even make the play off final as Peterborough, Wycombe or Portsmouth make a late surge and dispatch them in the semis... 

It's a shame Sheff Wed lost but on the otherhand Barnsley coming up fast on the rails.

Barnsley are at home to the Binners on April 25th. Could be a play-off for 2nd place!

On 19/03/2023 at 18:10, Heading South said:

They are in League 1. They've spent a small fortune but still aren't in the top 2. Don't hold your breath. 

They're far from up yet.  Looking at the teams that came up last season sitting bottom, fifth bottom and midtable and the season before that relegated, sixth bottom and 16th, I'd say the gap is nearly as big as the Championship to the PL and there is zero chance they'll do a Lambert's Norwich.  More likely they'll be in a relegation dogfight next season - and that's if they do get over the line, which I'm not convinced they will.  The natural order of East Anglian football won't be upset just yet, don't worry.

I'm hopeful that even if they do go up McKenna will be poached. He'd be the kind of manager I'd think a Southampton or Bournemouth type team might want post relegation.

It is amusing to see some posters getting a bit excited that this season the binners are actually in contention even though they're outside the autos and hopefully will stay there. I always see the playoffs as pretty random, everyone has about a 25% shot (same will apply to us if we get in the playoffs).

Never mind 14 years, how long is it since the binners actually won promotion from any division ?  Actually, I don't care.

As it stands they are four years and counting in the third division. Imagine the anguish that would be displayed here if that was us...

Even if they won the third division by ten points at the fourth time of asking would it really be something to get excited about?

Rivalry  is healthy . I dont fear us playing them, i relish it. Bring it on, a faint heart never won the fair maiden....or the Old Farm Derby. All this flapping over a team Twenty places ( not fact checked but approx) below us does is indicate how fragile the last couple of  seasons has left our support.  

GROW SOME COJONES!!!!

Wednesday are at Forest Green later and you'd expect them to win that. They still have a game in hand after that. Yesterday's results mean that Peterborough and Wycombe have joined the race for the 5th and 6th play off spots, so they will be competitive. Exeter City hold the key to the promotion race given they play the current top six as part of their remaining fixtures.

On 24/03/2023 at 13:38, nutty nigel said:

Even if they won the third division by ten points at the fourth time of asking would it really be something to get excited about?

No. A fan base that believes they belong in the highest realm of football should be hanging their head in shame. They should have murdered the league but in the first few years of Div 3 their fan base disappeared. Ours didn’t . We had a competitive advantage over most of the teams in Div 3 as we kept our ticket sales up . TV money wasn’t a thing and I doubt we had parachute anything . So we supported our club and we came back up. 

The Binners abandoned their side . Playing in front of 12,000. Then , having hit rock bottom , an American pension fund took the view that investing in a fire sale was worth a fraction of their fund . 

Still they failed . Luckily they had employed the loser from Brizzle City which helped . He’s gone very quiet hasn’t he? Has he been moved on? 

Now they have a huge competitive advantage over all of their opponents. Hitting the depths meant that Mucus had to give away the club, writing off the vast majority of their/his debt . Their wage bill will be far larger than anyone else in the division. And eventually the fans came back. Still harping in about things that happened in black and white. 

The Binners should be 10 points clear . They will likely come up this year as frankly a division that contains teams I’ve barely heard of shouldn’t  be difficult . But the pigs ear of an effort their supporters have helped facilitate is a disgrace to the name of Bobby Robson. 

• Like 1

Last night I spoke to a City supporting friend who has the misfortune to live in Peterborough. He went to their game against Derby yesterday and said the standard was shocking. 

I've seen very little League 1 football this year but having seen the standard of teams promoted to the Championship in recent years it looks like whoever comes up will be in danger of going straight back down. It's not dissimilar to the gap between the Championship and Premier League. 

I'm a Binner hater and rarely praise them, but it has to be said that the current support that they have generated at the moment is outstanding.

We have every right to be proud of our season's average of 24, 500 in l League One, but their current gates are exceeding this number.

Where they all come from, who knows? Are there concessions, or is it that sudden success after years of decline is such a welcome novelty to them that the many naysayers & casuals have come out of the woodwork in force? 

There are lessons for NCFC here, and it concerns that old chestnut, the Main Stand. Ipswich have finally used the full advantage of their costly ground expansion to reach gates of upwards of 27, 000 and more in League One.

We surely have a bigger fan base than they do. Think what we could have achieved if expansion had taken place before those Premier League excursions, or even now whilst in the Championship?

Regular season ticket sales of 22, 000 and a perpetual waiting list for them speak sufficient volume that the old arguments for and against need not be resurrected in this thread. Needless to say, our future support will suffer. Much of the current numbers that ITFC are able to accommodate are youngsters who are likely captured for life. 

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ipswich have finally used the full advantage of their costly ground expansion 

Costly is an understatement. It helped take them into administration. In those days you got away with it , as did Leicester. Now it’s a disaster for several seasons to come .