Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Play off dream over if we don’t win tonight ?

Looking at our upcoming fixtures it looks somewhat unlikely we can be consistent enough to secure a top 6 finish if we don’t get back on track tonight ?!

As I think someone said on here yesterday, this year’s Championship has been consistently inconsistent. Apart from Burnley. Obviously it doesn’t help if we don’t pick up 3 points but it ain’t over till it’s over.

• Like 1

Facing a team that's in financial trouble, with stormclouds looming as relegation seems inevitable for them and who have not even scored a single goal in their last six matches..

Now I'm not saying this is a must win but if we do lose it will be a embarrassment 

With how bad of a shape they are in, I do feel this a must have 3 points to give the dudes confidence with the tough stretch we have going into the latter part of this season. Really in general with only 10 games left every game is important regardless of the opposition.

Hopefully we take care of business and our other playoff battlers drop points today.

• Like 1

Sorry but I will be pretty disgusted if we lose tonight. If we really are good enough for the playoffs, recovering from Sunday and beating the Terriers is a minimum requirement.

• Like 2

The dream isn't over until it's mathematically impossible. I'd rather we got as many wins under our belt as we can. I wouldn't want to go into the last game needing a result. Particularly if Blackpool are still in with a chance of staying up.

Hopefully it will be decided sooner rather than later either way so I know if I've got any money spare for Who and Wu Tang tickets!

Pretty much over, I’d say, if we don’t win tonight. I reckon we need 4 pts from next two to keep up there, so a draw tonight would mean a win needed at Stoke, which on paper is a much tougher ask than tonight…

I think normally you'd say potentially yes but the reality is all of us play-off hunters are pretty inconsistent so the reality is no, we can lose tonight and whilst that would be a poor result it wouldn't make playoffs impossible.

Tin hat on Please don’t want to go up and be embarrassed again in Premiership 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Tin hat on Please don’t want to go up and be embarrassed again in Premiership 

Different shaped ball, innit.

In points terms, no, it wouldn't be over. But not beating a team at the bottom with much trickier fixtures coming up: that would be pretty damaging to morale. In that sense, it's a must-win. 

Calling it a "dream" to get in the play offs is a bit ott for me.  The dream would be top two, play offs would be acceptable, even a sign of success, but it's not a dream....more a minimum requirement! 

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

In points terms, no, it wouldn't be over. But not beating a team at the bottom with much trickier fixtures coming up: that would be pretty damaging to morale. In that sense, it's a must-win. 

Judging by what people are saying about how bad Colin's Terriers are, this, but even more so.

Very much outsiders for the playoffs now, still a chance to maybe sneak in ahead of Millwall but I don't see the others slipping up think that's the season done.

no chance. bunch of embarrassing bottlers. No leaders. They all point at each other but nobody demands high standards. Nobody really sets the standards. We need a Roy Keane type player in the middle to really push the team. Instead, we seem to have a team of whiners who just huff and puff, whos body language tells its own story. Big Andy, Pukki and Aarons by example being moody players.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

Hopefully this result goes some way to end the delusion of some of our fans.

This God-awful squad has no right, rhyme or reason to be anywhere the playoffs or the Premier League.

We're a shambles of a club from the top down, and a lot of people really need to wake up and see that.

Mathematically still possible (obviously).

Based on our style of play, we will continue to put ourselves under pressure and concede from defensive mistakes. So realistically, no chance 😥

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

We need a Roy Keane type player in the middle to really push the team

You know its bad when people say this.  

Of course the gap to 6th can easily be overhauled, with 9 games remaining.  In our current form we’re extremely unlikely to do it, it’s more likely we’ll drop to 10th or something.