Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Blackcats*

Doesn't matter what league we're in next season, although very much suspect it'll be this one, CD must have money spent on it, Hanley and Gibson should NOT be first choice at this level 

One small positive - I haven’t been one of Sorensen’s fans but I thought he was decent when he came on, as he was against Cardiff. It’s weird that he looks good in almost any position apart from the one he’s supposed to play.

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

It's been dire. Been out-muscled, out-fought and out-thought by an average Mowbray team. For all the positive results, today seemed to epitomise where we really are. 

An average Mowbray team, missing a lot of senior players as well. There just doesn't seem to be any spirit in the team. Promotion is out of the question imho, and next season is a little worrying.

Wagner shouldn’t have to be teaching our players the basics. Apart from the fiddle faddling across the front of goal, I bet further up the field we completed less than 50% passes. Apart from Aaron’s shot I don’t think there was anything of note to turn into a shot. 

Absolutely horrendous performances. Such a fighting performance at Millwall, when I was finally convinced this team might have a set of stones between them, followed up by that tepid blollocks. Gutless bunch of dross, won't be sad to see any of them go apart from Pukki. 

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

The Mackems really aren't all that. I reckon we've got this.

Feel free to bookmark this post for 2.00pm.

My account was hacked.

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

No. I think it was the joint meanest defence in the club's history, that season.

You are right. Just don't like the Kenny bashing.

I'm afraid if you concede early at home to a half decent side you are asking for that. Plenty of huff and puff in the second half but no quality.

Still plenty of points to play for but we really could do without results like that. Undoes the hard work of last week unfortunately. 

Its all very well saying how good it is to see Aarons given the chance to attack but when it comes to defending we do have two poor fullbacks and when you have two fairly competent wingers against us,as we did today,we really do struggle.

Along with all the valid points made already, the fact that we dont seem to be even able to pass the ball properly to one another is beyond shocking. The amount of times today where players either misplaced passes under no pressure at all or passed the ball BEHIND the player it was ment for so that player had to go back on themselves. Sunderland were good today, deserved the win no doubt but if you cant even do the basics correctly, what hope have you got?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Its all very well saying how good it is to see Aarons given the chance to attack but when it comes to defending we do have two poor fullbacks and when you have two fairly competent wingers against us,as we did today,we really do struggle.

For all Aarons’ attacking intent, he rarely makes a decisive pass, very rarely assists, and even rarely scores.

’The road to nowhere’ always springs to mind whenever he is dribbling the ball in the opponent’s half.

• Like 1

Deserved a point at best but that was p1ss poor.

Shocking defending again for their goal but they had the better chances.

1 step forward 2 back. 

Rebuild for next season.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

On that showing it’d be pretty pointless if we did somehow end up in the PL next season wouldn’t it ?

Shh don't say that anytime I try saying that I get shouted out

Just one of those days where everything we criticise all our players for happened! Hernandez no end product, Pukki disconnected and really poor, Chuckle Brothers at the back, Aarons & Giannoulis scared to get going forwards and McLean back to arm waving brilliance, just one of those games I’m afraid!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Just one of those days where everything we criticise all our players for happened! Hernandez no end product, Pukki disconnected and really poor, Chuckle Brothers at the back, Aarons & Giannoulis scared to get going forwards and McLean back to arm waving brilliance, just one of those games I’m afraid!

Which bunch will turn up Wednesday? Its guesswork. One thing I will maintain is that there was no need for DW to change the team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

On that showing it’d be pretty pointless if we did somehow end up in the PL next season wouldn’t it ?

Yes in essence it would end up in all probability the same as the last time but the Prem is the goal.

It brings in much needed money,the players get to play against the best in arguably the best league in the world and the supporters get to watch the best players.

It was a bitter pill to swallow the last time but it didn't do us much harm and we go again.

12 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Absolutely horrendous performances. Such a fighting performance at Millwall, when I was finally convinced this team might have a set of stones between them, followed up by that tepid blollocks. Gutless bunch of dross, won't be sad to see any of them go apart from Pukki. 

Pukki had the demeanour of a stroppy child today, almost to the point of resenting being out there. Sure, we created next to nothing for him but he's becoming a shadow of the player he's been for us. The reality of him today is arguably sadder than the idea of not seeing him at all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OK, that was the pain, now on to the pleasure - toilet duck at the ready, here I go...

Catch you next time my yellow and green brothers and sisters!

OTBC

It’s just one endless whirl of pleasure at your house isn’t it. Sparkling football followed by sparkling bogs.

• Haha 2