Alex Scott stepping down from presenting duties will be a very good side effect from this mess, hopefully it's permanent. 

Same goes with the MOTD presenter and pundits. Sack them all off. Just have a football highlights show with a voiceover and save £millions! 

• Like 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Same goes with the MOTD presenter and pundits. Sack them all off. Just have a football highlights show with a voiceover and save £millions! 

Craig Charles, make it like Takeshi's Castle. I'd watch that.

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Mrs R is now about to drag me up there.

Some men have gone in there and never come out. Take  Kendall Mint Cake and a hip flask.

• Haha 1

"BREAKING: Alex Scott has pulled out of presenting Saturday’s edition of Football Focus in a fresh show of support for Gary Lineker. The BBC show, due to air at midday, will instead be hosted by Kelly Somers."

What a mess.😂

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some men have gone in there and never come out. Take  Kendall Mint Cake and a hip flask.

....and a large piece of red chalk....and every 6 feet draw an arrow on the wall, support pillar or the floor pointing to the exit.... 

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

This would have more of an impact if Lineker wasn't an unbearably smug tax avoiding useless presenter. 

He's the best presenter out there IMHO.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Can we now call Tories "snowflakes?".

Cancel culture, snowflakes no less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

"BREAKING: Alex Scott has pulled out of presenting Saturday’s edition of Football Focus in a fresh show of support for Gary Lineker. The BBC show, due to air at midday, will instead be hosted by Kelly Somers."

What a mess.😂

Every cloud...etc etc

image.jpeg.0de1382c08763c5fbb5ed57786e3cbc6.jpeg

Zeb sez "It's now time for a bit o' shopping then back for the 12.30 match on BT" enjoy your personal outrage you politicos...

Will deffo look in laters...It's unmissable pure gold.... 

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not at all.  Most people couldn’t care less about Lineker per se, it just happens to be him as opposed to someone else.  You are just missing the point.

Thanks but no thanks BP; I fully understand what this all about. I'll leave you to it - enjoy your never-ending war brother Pickle!

OTBC

I’m going to try “Gary’s not here and it made me cry” on Monday and see if I can get the day off as well, I’ll let you know how it all goes lol

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Remember when people* used to go on about how the BBC was all left-wing?

Proof that it is a Tory mouthpiece.

*morons

Can we just confirm then CanaryDan23 that the left are claiming Gary Lineker, who owes £4.9m to HMRC as a result of tax avoidance, as being one of their own?

Is he one of yours?

And none of this argument is at all convenient to Gary Lineker as it means the headlines are all about this free speech / impartiality dispute, rather than about the appeal he launched a few days earlier to try and get out of paying this £4.9m?

Would pay the salary of 147 nurses for a year that money. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Thanks but no thanks BP; I fully understand what this all about. I'll leave you to it - enjoy your never-ending war brother Pickle!

OTBC

Odd - you know absolutely nothing about my politics - being supportive of someone’s right to comment is apolitical.

14 hours ago, chicken said:

I concur.

What Lineker said was that the "language being used sounded like that used by Germany in the 1930's".

It is easy to equate anything to nazism.

Gary Lineker owes £4.9m in tax to HMRC.

At the point of his death Adolf Hitler owed 405,000 DM in unpaid tax to the German authorities. That is just over £1 million in today's money.

Therefore Lineker is five times worse than Hitler when it comes to tax avoidance and not paying his way in society, disgusting. See, easy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can we just confirm then CanaryDan23 that the left are claiming Gary Lineker, who owes £4.9m to HMRC as a result of tax avoidance, as being one of their own?

Is he one of yours?

And none of this argument is at all convenient to Gary Lineker as it means the headlines are all about this free speech / impartiality dispute, rather than about the appeal he launched a few days earlier to try and get out of paying this £4.9m?

Would pay the salary of 147 nurses for a year that money. 

How many nurse's salaries could have been paid by the money spent on PPE to companies owned by the Tories friends?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It is easy to equate anything to nazism.

Gary Lineker owes £4.9m in tax to HMRC.

At the point of his death Adolf Hitler owed 405,000 DM in unpaid tax to the German authorities. That is just over £1 million in today's money.

Therefore Lineker is five times worse than Hitler when it comes to tax avoidance and not paying his way in society, disgusting. See, easy.

Yes, if you are a bit strange.

1 minute ago, Taiwan Canary said:

How many nurse's salaries could have been paid by the money spent on PPE to companies owned by the Tories friends?

Don't know, I'm not a Tory anymore.

Just want to know whether CanaryDan23 is considering a serial tax avoider to be of the 'left'.

This man is an idiot.

Piers Morgan - Wikipedia

TVB is also a man.

Therefore TVB is also an idiot. See, easy.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Arbitrary. 

So Football Focus now gone, all we need now is for the radio match commentators to come out in sympathy as well and we will have radio silence on the BBC, Lineker achieving something Adolf failed to do 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

So Football Focus now gone, all we need now is for the radio match commentators to come out in sympathy as well and we will have radio silence on the BBC, Lineker achieving something Adolf failed to do 

Now now VW. That's a direct comparison to H.... 

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

This man is an idiot.

Piers Morgan - Wikipedia

TVB is also a man.

Therefore TVB is also an idiot. See, easy.

I don't think the publicly funded BBC should employ greedy tax avoiders.

Anybody who disagrees is the idiot.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You do know people are entitled to query their tax status - owing tax and then paying it is what most people do. He claims to be freelance, they say otherwise.  There’s a big difference to avoiding tax by breaking the law.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fwiw I haven’t watched motd for several years - find it a bit boring to watch all the “analysis”. If it is shown tonight  I do wonder if there will be a spike in viewing, people might actually like the lack of endless chat between games.

But that’s not to say Lineker isn’t a decent presenter and this mess is ridiculous.

Totally agree it’s a mess but it may be a blessing in disguise for the future of the show.

It also highlights how the BBC are in the Governments pockets something I’ve said for years, and to a lesser degree what a shambles of a country the UK has turned into. 

I can say that I get many questions over here asking why the country is such a mess

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think people should be able to find ways to not pay tax whilst staying within the law, anyone who did differently would be an idiot. I also think any government that did not make ways to avoid paying tax illegal would be idiots. I also think talking about this is avoidance of the main issue which is freedom of speech and the willful undermining of the BBC by the Conservative party.

Edited by Taiwan Canary

“My tax dodger is fine yours is not!”

”Daddy Gary is a hero! He should be allowed to dodge tax”

lol, keep it going guys. Which side will be victorious in defending millionaires who avoid tax for free on the internet! Let’s watch and see!

1 minute ago, Taiwan Canary said:

I think people should be able to find ways to not pay tax whilst staying within the law, anyone who did differently would be an idiot. I also think any government that did not make ways to avoid paying tax illegal would be idiots. I also think talking about this is avoidance of the main issue which is freedom of speech and the willful undermining of the BBC bh the Conservative party.

The £4.9m bill is a result of HMRC determining that he isn't "within the law", clearly. 

People lap it up when he virtue signals about having a refugee in his house for less than 3 weeks, but conveniently ignore that he's opting not to pay his fair share of the hotel bill for Channel migrants. 

He's odious.

• Like 2

Would this be a bad time for me to bring up that I was right about Dean Smith all along and quite a lot of you guys weren’t?

• Haha 3