Just to clarify yet another of your misleading thread titles.

Gary Lineker is to step back from presenting Match of the Day until an agreement is reached on his social media use, the BBC has said.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just to clarify yet another of your misleading thread titles.

Gary Lineker is to step back from presenting Match of the Day until an agreement is reached on his social media use, the BBC has said.

Whoops did not mean to upset you. Don't worry I'll fix it even though you could have asked a litle nicer 😘

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

This is bo11ocks. Alan Sugar can spout his RW nonsense and still collect Auntie Beeb's sheckels. And he is one of many.

But call out this rancid bunch of arseholes in our government for what they really are, and suddenly impartiality is important.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This is bo11ocks. Alan Sugar can spout his RW nonsense and still collect Auntie Beeb's sheckels. And he is one of many.

But call out this rancid bunch of arseholes in our government for what they really are, and suddenly impartiality is important.

Spot on 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Interesting that David Attenborough only today had a documentry that got shut down and not allowed to be shown as it may paint the goverment in a bad light.

Very interesting. What a coincidence I'm sure

• Like 3

Tories are bricking it that the average working-class football fan will start to think about what is actually going on outside of what the Daily Heil is telling them.

FB_IMG_1639165776384.thumb.jpg.42dfd26de78d7abfc8117ed8c0a525d3.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Much as I despise this government and find the double standards galling, drawing parallels with N*zi Germany rarely ends well for anyone. It's not a good look.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Tories are bricking it that the average working-class football fan will start to think about what is actually going on outside of what the Daily Heil is telling them.

FB_IMG_1639165776384.thumb.jpg.42dfd26de78d7abfc8117ed8c0a525d3.jpg

He posts on a football forum

30 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Amen to that.👏👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Ian Wright standing down in solidarity

If they all did this, it would send out an incredible message about the double standards on display.

Not sure if Murphy, Jenas and Shearer et al would have the gonads to do it though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Much as I despise this government and find the double standards galling, drawing parallels with N*zi Germany rarely ends well for anyone. It's not a good look.

Fair comment …  we mustn’t forget what he actually talked about  was the language used 

“an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s”

Which is factually spot on. The Nazis deliberately turned the conversation from a question of humanity into one of military conflict waged by the ‘other’ group. The Govt are  doing the same.

As a good Norwich fan I’ll not be watching MOTD tomorrow in solidarity..  it’ll be a wrench from the usual 😆

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

If they all did this, it would send out an incredible message about the double standards on display.

Not sure if Murphy, Jenas and Shearer et al would have the gonads to do it though.

Emma Kennedy expresses it in a way I am not allowed to on this forum...image.png.6bc7e547f9664338e06fbdb558c4ce7d.png

• Like 1

This goes to show how much the government has the BBC in its pocket.

It will be interesting to see where this goes as there seems a hell of a lot of hypocrisy over who can have an opinion about anything.

In other news we've handed over £500m of taxpayer's money to the french to help stop the 'small boats'. I'll expect they'll trouser that and do eff all.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Fair comment …  we mustn’t forget what he actually talked about  was the language used 

“an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s”

Which is factually spot on. The Nazis deliberately turned the conversation from a question of humanity into one of military conflict waged by the ‘other’ group. The Govt are doing the same.

As a good Norwich fan I’ll not be watching MOTD tomorrow in solidarity..  it’ll be a wrench from the usual 😆

He has the right to freedom of speech like everyone else, and I applaud him for taking aim at the policy, which I too think is abhorrent. I'm purely saying that, objectively speaking, drawing parallels to Nazi Germany is opening a very dangerous can of worms. If his employer takes issue with that and decides to investigate it, they're perfectly entitled to do so. They believe his comments are in breach of their guidelines, and they'll investigate them. I think it's probably wise for him to take a step back while that process unfolds.

EDIT: I mean take a step back from MOTD and his BBC duties. If he wants to double down on his comments and keep fighting the policy, all power to his elbow!

Edited by Feedthewolf

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This goes to show how much the government has the BBC in its pocket.

It will be interesting to see where this goes as there seems a hell of a lot of hypocrisy over who can have an opinion about anything.

In other news we've handed over £500m of taxpayer's money to the french to help stop the 'small boats'. I'll expect they'll trouser that and do eff all.

They will do nothing. What can they feasibly do? Macron is laughing all the way to la banque

It’s so hard to keep up with these ever changing opinions. It only seemed like yesterday when practically everyone apparently thought Gary was a smug, cheesy, Tax dodging ****. 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 3

Garth Crooks has thrown his hat in the ring to take over for an interim period. Wouldn’t be a bad choice and always has something interesting to say. 

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s so hard to keep up with these ever changing opinions. It only seemed like yesterday when practically everyone apparently thought Gary was a smug, cheesy *. 

He always has come across as a bit of a smug **** but I get the feeling this situation may cause Gary to get a little more popular

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Which is factually spot on. The Nazis deliberately turned the conversation from a question of humanity into one of military conflict waged by the ‘other’ group. The Govt are  doing the same.

This too. 👏👍

My long term boycott will be for a political reason now.😀

• Like 2

He should punch his producer*.

A highly paid show on Amazon Prime will surely follow.

(*Obviously, I don't condone violence)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Garth Crooks has thrown his hat in the ring to take over for an interim period. Wouldn’t be a bad choice and always has something interesting to say. 

If that is true, it shows that Emma Kennedy was speaking the truth.

• Haha 1

The only person laughing at this own goal is Putin.

Clearly the Tories have been taking lesson in how to 'control' the 'independent'  media.

First Lineker and now an Attenborough episode.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lineker AND Wright both off the air? What's not to like?

Just need Murphy and Shearer to join them and MotD might be worth watching again.

OTBC

Fingers crossed 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lineker AND Wright both off the air? What's not to like?

Just need Murphy and Shearer to join them and MotD might be worth watching again.

OTBC

• Like 1