3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

If trying to prevent thousands of uninvited guests from arriving on the Kent coast was equivalent to the policies of nazi Germany, then perhaps you’d have a valid point.

You really are struggling with this aren't you?

You can solve a problem like this using grown up policies and wording that isn't divisive or hate filled.

24 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I haven’t seen anyone claiming it is a crime. It’s just mass hysteria breaking out over what is essentially a broken contract. He knew this when he signed it but continues to breach it

And he isnt bothered about the consequences, it really upsets all the puppets. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Walkers crisps are s41t though, yeah? We can all agree on that? 

They redeem themselves somewhat with Tangy Cheese Doritos. Easily top 3 mainstream crisp.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They redeem themselves somewhat with Tangy Cheese Doritos. Easily top 3 mainstream crisp.

Doritos are not crisps my fellow. They are clearly made of plastic.

Walkers is the lowest tier of crisp, clearly.

43 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Shut up Fern. You don't see Gary lineker talking about **** daytime TV do you.

Oh he'll be on sh*t daytime TV shows like Loose Women and the Wright Stuff within the year, he'll have nothing better to do than flog some rubbish ghost written book to sell to help pay a £4.9m tax bill.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Doritos are not crisps my fellow. They are clearly made of plastic.

Walkers is the lowest tier of crisp, clearly.

Somebody has never heard of Bobby's.

19 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I haven’t seen anyone claiming it is a crime. It’s just mass hysteria breaking out over what is essentially a broken contract. He knew this when he signed it but continues to breach it

You and this Fern character are not alone in your misapprehensions.

Lineker has been entirely politically impartial in his BBC output or otherwise as associating such views with the corporation. In his own time and on his own channel he has sent out an admittedly hard-hitting tweet.

So I’m not the first to wonder when you, and the Tory party donors now installed at the top of the Beeb, are  going to ‘out’ Karren Brady (to stick with football for now). In your view, she must be an outrageous figure who’s in breach of contract and deserves sanction for her public party political activities away from the BBC’s primetime show The Apprentice (apparently the term for her and Lineker is “key on-air talent”).

As a Tory peer, Baroness Brady has been debating and voting on actual legislation for many years now. She is on public record for it.  

She writes a regular column in The Sun promoting her political views… some of her latest tweets advertise her articles such as how “terrifying” certain Home Office asylum seeker practices are.

However, apparently she’s not just sent out an isolated tweet criticising the Government’s actions/communications. 

Now let’s talk about bias at the BBC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Somebody has never heard of Bobby's.

Kettle crisp ingredients (sea salt)

Select Potatoes, Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil)*, Sea Salt

Doritos  tangy cheese ingredients

• Corn(Maize), Rapeseed Oil, Tangy Cheese Flavour [Whey Powder (From Milk), Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt, Cheese Powder (From Milk), Tomato Powder, Flavouring (contains Milk), Onion Powder, Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Chloride, Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium glutamate), Garlic Powder, Milk Protein, Dextrose, Acidity Regulators (Lactic acid, Citric acid), Colours (Paprika extract, Annatto bixin, Plain caramel), Spice, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder], Antioxidants (Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol Rich Extract, Citric Acid).

state of all that…

29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

More whataboutery.  Substantially undeclared? Wtaf mate . The shoite you talk. 

PS You ARE NOT HONEST. You claimed you bought shares to help the Club...and have whined ever since about lack of returns. You bought them to help yourself. 

FWIW I have no issues with people making profits ..if deserved.  What i do find reprehensible is liars and  charlatans claiming one thing and actually wanting another. 

Popcorn GIFs | Tenor

29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

More whataboutery.  Substantially undeclared? Wtaf mate . The shoite you talk. 

PS You ARE NOT HONEST. You claimed you bought shares to help the Club...and have whined ever since about lack of returns. You bought them to help yourself. 

FWIW I have no issues with people making profits ..if deserved.  What i do find reprehensible is liars and  charlatans claiming one thing and actually wanting another. 

I will be one of the relatively few Norwich fans to pay Capital Gains Tax upon selling my shares. Delighted to support the Nurses rather than some of the self serving types at Carrow Road. If I have changed my mind from 20 years ago it is reflective of circumstances. What is wrong with that?

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

But surely what she is saying here are the facts? He has signed a contract of impartiality and continues to break that contract.

She has no clue, as neither do you or me, what that contract is.

55 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

So would it be a breach of the contract you seem to know about, if he had said he agreed with Suella?

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I will be one of the relatively few Norwich fans to pay Capital Gains Tax upon selling my shares. Delighted to support the Nurses rather than some of the self serving types at Carrow Road. If I have changed my mind from 20 years ago it is reflective of circumstances. What is wrong with that?

Have a word with Lineker's accountant, might get that tax bill reduced.

43 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

If trying to prevent thousands of uninvited guests from arriving on the Kent coast was equivalent to the policies of nazi Germany, then perhaps you’d have a valid point.

Language not policies. No mention of Nazis either. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Kettle crisp ingredients (sea salt)

Select Potatoes, Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil)*, Sea Salt

Doritos  tangy cheese ingredients

• Corn(Maize), Rapeseed Oil, Tangy Cheese Flavour [Whey Powder (From Milk), Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Salt, Cheese Powder (From Milk), Tomato Powder, Flavouring (contains Milk), Onion Powder, Buttermilk Powder, Potassium Chloride, Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium glutamate), Garlic Powder, Milk Protein, Dextrose, Acidity Regulators (Lactic acid, Citric acid), Colours (Paprika extract, Annatto bixin, Plain caramel), Spice, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder], Antioxidants (Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol Rich Extract, Citric Acid).

state of all that…

In August 2008, California Attorney General Jerry Brown announced a settlement with Kettle Food for violating the state's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act. The state had alleged in 2005 that the potato chips from the companies failed to document that they contained high levels of acrylamide, a carcinogen. Kettle Foods paid $350,000 in civil penalties and costs and agreed to cut their potato chips' levels of acrylamide to 275 parts per billion by 2011, an 87% reduction

Bit in bold is interesting. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So would it be a breach of the contract you seem to know about, if he had said he agreed with Suella?

Yes. 

Edited by Virtual reality

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

In August 2008, California Attorney General Jerry Brown announced a settlement with Kettle Foods, the makers of Cape Cod Potato Chips, and Frito-Lay for violating the state's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act. The state had alleged in 2005 that the potato chips from the companies failed to document that they contained high levels of acrylamide, a carcinogen. Kettle Foods paid $350,000 in civil penalties and costs and agreed to cut their potato chips' levels of acrylamide to 275 parts per billion by 2011, an 87% reduction

Yeah, but that’s America Kettle not Norfolk kettle. 

Walkers are owned by Frito lay, they make American Doritos with GMO corn and endangered animal tears

imagine defending walkers. Shameful.

1 hour ago, Taiwan Canary said:

And at that point I'd like to think my wife would be offered asylum. 

Specifically by the UK, or any safe country?

Because we can't offer every Taiwanese wife asylum in the event of war.

I mean, there has to be a number derived at doesn't there. Be it 10,000 or 50,000. It can't be 10 million.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In August 2008, California Attorney General Jerry Brown announced a settlement with Kettle Food for violating the state's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act. The state had alleged in 2005 that the potato chips from the companies failed to document that they contained high levels of acrylamide, a carcinogen. Kettle Foods paid $350,000 in civil penalties and costs and agreed to cut their potato chips' levels of acrylamide to 275 parts per billion by 2011, an 87% reduction

Kettle Chips here are made in Bowthorpe and conform to different food standards. For how long now we're out of the EU I don't know, guess we've got all this to look forward to.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Kettle Chips here are made in Bowthorpe and conform to different food standards. For how long now we're out of the EU I don't know, guess we've got all this to look forward to.

Look defending Gary Linekar is one thing but the fact that there are people defending walkers is disgusting.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yeah, but that’s America Kettle not Norfolk kettle. 

Walkers are owned by Frito lay, they make American Doritos with GMO corn and endangered animal tears

imagine defending walkers. Shameful.

Seabrook are the best budget option. And not owned by Americans.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Seabrook are the best budget option. And not owned by Americans.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Specifically by the UK, or any safe country?

Because we can't offer every Taiwanese wife asylum in the event of war.

I mean, there has to be a number derived at doesn't there. Be it 10,000 or 50,000. It can't be 10 million.

Wow. What an idiotic response. You are truly horrible. This is an exact example of the dehumanising language that Lineker tweeted about.

Edited by Taiwan Canary

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

More like buy a multipack and eat them all within a day for me.

Pipers crisps are good and Norfolk as f@£k

7 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Wow. What an idiotic response. You are truly horrible. 

Its not the slightest bit idiotic, its common sense that in the event of an evacuation (like the one we've seen in Ukraine), all safe countries have to participate in providing a safehaven, and its natural that each will have to agree a quota based on what they can realistically accommodate. 

Taiwan has no asylum law by the way, it does not accept refugees. That's the problem isn't it, look how we've opened the doors to those from Hong Kong, Ukraine, and Afghanistan in recent times. Yet there are countries which don't do their part.

You are quick to shout "Racist!" at Britain, yet live in a country which doesn't take asylum applications. Do you shout about that? Or would you be scared to do so? If a high profile celebrity published a tweet saying "Its disgusting that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees!", would you support that? We are held to a higher standard for some reason.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Yes. 

Really? The Government would be defending him with all their might and quoting free speech.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Really? The Government would be defending him with all their might and quoting free speech.

What’s that got to do with breaching BBC impartiality? If you sign a contract and agree to maintain an impartial view on social media then that is what you should do. I’m failing to understand why this is such an issue.

Edited by Virtual reality

10 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Wow. What an idiotic response. You are truly horrible. This is an exact example of the dehumanising language that Lineker tweeted about.

What is horrible is that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees.