Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Watford have done it again

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is this a new world record?  It beggars belief 

By new world record do you mean the length of time he lasted as a Watford manager as after all it was 6 months ?

• Haha 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

By new world record do you mean the length of time he lasted as a Watford manager as after all it was 6 months ?

6 months is probably a longevity record. Still time for two more before May...

It's a long shot, but what if he managed to get Watford promoted at Middlesbrough's and / or Sheffield United's expense. 

Sod that, it is a long shot, seeing as we're on the '88 Train.

OTBC

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Chris Wilder next up for the most poisoned chalice in football. Crikey ...

Now confirmed

Must be an amazing payout, I’m not really sure what incentive there is to do a good job. Sign up, do your 3-6 months and move on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Anyone that takes the job need their bumps felt

Well you say that but, agree a min 3 year deal then look forward to a lovely payout when you get sacked after 3-6 months, easy money!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I don’t agree 6 months work probably for £3 - £4 million. That’s a lot of money per hour

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Wilder must be running out of money.

Well he does like to party, he's just moving house (he won't uproot his family from Sheffield) and I've benefitted in the past! 🙂😉 

14 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

It's must be one of the best jobs in football if money is your motive. 

It's clear what their model is so you go into it with your eyes (and wallet) open.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's must be one of the best jobs in football if money is your motive. 

It's clear what their model is so you go into it with your eyes (and wallet) open.

And not just that, by becoming Watford manager it doesn’t destroy your career even if it goes totally t*** up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And not just that, by becoming Watford manager it doesn’t destroy your career even if it goes totally t*** up.

Dean Smith will be gutted; he could have been sacked by Villa, Norwich and Watford and still have his reputation intact.

• Haha 2

Experts believe in 5 years time you’ll never be more than 2 metres from an ex-Watford manager…

(I type this on here every time it happens and believe me the humour has worn thin now…)

• Haha 3

It's bonkers, how can the manager have any authority with the players when they know he'll not last the season ?

Also anyone who seriously wants a reasonable amount of time to work with is not going to touch the Watford job.  They're effectively cutting down the pool of people they are looking at to people who are happy to make a quick buck and move on.  You'd be delusional to think you'll be the one who lasts...

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.2a3a481f8606a7559aad2c45c4849386.jpeg....Couldn't help myself.....

That's not Chris Wilder, that's Ham Saladeyes.

• Haha 3

Not sure i'd match up Wilder and Watford together.  To think of the managers they're got rid of in past few seasons, is bizarre.

He'll go prove me wrong now though.

And all the while, rubbish footballers sit on their contracts (normally more than their coach) and their egos and not giving a toss.

I am not saying that it wasn't Bilic's fault but you have to believe with them 8th and five points off the playoffs, and like us, expecting to be one of the top two, Pozzo, who has a big say in the playing side, blames only one person.

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Not sure i'd match up Wilder and Watford together.  To think of the managers they're got rid of in past few seasons, is bizarre.

He'll go prove me wrong now though.

To be honest, they have two of the division's best strikers. Maybe getting them on the ball earlier might help them.

I always remember Dalglish asking why would he play about in midfield when he had Shearer and Sutton up front.