mastoola

Is Idah the worst striker to ever play for Norwich?

If you just look at games played vs goals scored his record looks horrific for a striker- 61 games and 6 goals according to whoscored.

However...if you look at the actual minutes he's played (1845 again according to whoscored) then suddenly you realise he's actually only played the equivalent of about 20 full games. 

Edit- for whatever reason the whoscored stats don't include his hattrick in the FA Cup, so actually his record is better than this.

Edited by king canary
Noticed the lack of FA Cup goals
  • Like 1

No. Although he has loads of appearances to his name the majority have been in cup ties and as a late sub - tonight was only his 13th league start. Needs more game time

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Wow at last somebody to take away Harry Kanes crown. 
Let’s hope for the same ending lol

lets hope so

Did the dirty work well and the manager would have told him at half time to keep making those runs. He isn’t as bad as you are making him out to be, you are just basing it on the goals scored column

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

so he at the level to play at the prem?

No, not in my opinion and that is a valid question, why not try more valid questions and not stupid ones like the original?

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

Certainly the worst striker ever to be handed an undeserved long-term contract.

Has shown literally nothing for it.

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

No and that is a valid question, why not try more valid questions and not stupid ones like the original?

The first is a very valid question.  For the level we are playing i cannot remember in my 45 years of following Norwich a player who is so lost and so far behind the play as Adam.  When he first played i actually defended him and said give him a chance but that is now many years ago. He has done nothing to prove he is a player imo

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Exactly!!!!!

Gutted that he didn't net tonight, he really should've I think.  Need to watch highlights though as was up river end, but seemed Ruddy made a great save to me?

If he finds his shooting boots he'll be a hell of a player at this level I think - such a handful and yet to get and learn how to use his man strength too.  Potentially a very bright future - and we've got him sealed in for 5 years.

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to **** on him really... oh well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Steven Naismith

Ricky van wolfswinkel

Dean Ashton when we went down

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Gutted that he didn't net tonight, he really should've I think.  Need to watch highlights though as was up river end, but seemed Ruddy made a great save to me?

If he finds his shooting boots he'll be a hell of a player at this level I think - such a handful and yet to get and learn how to use his man strength too.  Potentially a very bright future - and we've got him sealed in for 5 years.

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to **** on him really... oh well.

just watch the game    

Nine goals in 2,070 minutes for Norwich, which is one in 230. Not a terrible ratio for a young striker.

Also, he's 22 now and has never had a run in the side at professional level. He has spent the last four years coming on as a sub for 10 minutes here and there, and when he has a few games, it's been with Pukki playing as the chief goalscorer and Idah being the nuisance, rather than being expected to be the main goal threat himself. 

If he gets a proper run in the side as the centre forward leading the line, and a bit of confidence which is lacking right now, I think he'll surprise a few people.

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

just watch the game    

I did and then came on here to find some t*sser who ignored the 3-1 win and just wanted to pick on a young player. 

• Like 6

I personally felt he should have scored the one on one but he generally played fairly well all being said and done. 

The frustration with the offsides wasn't just down to Idah, so many times the through ball was on and we just delayed playing until it was too late. We need to work on that

Can't be as bad for going offside as Ade Akinbiyi, right? Thought "offside" was his middle name.

11 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Steven Naismith

Ricky van wolfswinkel

Dean Ashton when we went down

The first two were offered long contracts when they signed - before we knew how bad they were.

Ashton was offered a long contract so we could get maximum money for him as the club knew he wanted to leave.

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

The frustration with the offsides wasn't just down to Idah, so many times the through ball was on and we just delayed playing until it was too late.

Exactly my thoughts too, Dimi fell foul of that too, secondhalf he had plenty of space on left - ball wasn't played, he then dropped back and went again but was off at that point as backline had settled.

• Like 1

@alex_ncfc and @mastoola I cannot agree with you whatsoever. Idah is not the finished article, he is not so far a top striker, but if you fail to see the many good things he is doing then your opinion Levi’s objectivity. I agree, he was sight offside too often tonight, he missed one very good chance from Nunez excellent dummy BUT his movement for the chance Ruddy had to save with a great tip over was good, his strength in the game as a line striker offered something we don’t have much of from anyone in the side , he was a target of get invariably got to the ball before his marker more often than not and he made a nice little weighted header to set up Kenny’s chance in the second half that had to be cleared by the defender. 

As others have said, it’s a stupid OP and you are clearly not seeing beyond the rustiness of a rarely used third choice striker. If you’ve watched norwich for 45 years and Idah is the worst then you are just showing a lack of knowledge that makes most on here rightly question either your ability to understand football or maybe there’s another reason you don’t like him. 

• Like 1

I'm afraid Idah is not up to it. He has the speed to get past players so maybe play him wide. Hugill though has to be the worst I have ever watched, and I am including the hapless Akinbye.

• Like 1