TeemuVanBasten

Tzolis returning to Norwich

I saw him last year against Bournemouth's reserves, and there is a player in there, I thought he was well ahead of Springett, and with Rowe I am not so sure, Rowe looks to have a lot of potential and would love to see more of him.  I suspect the management team felt he would develop best at FC Twente, and he felt playing top league football in Holland was prestigious enough for him.  If he is not playing he probably feels differently about the opportunity.

At the end of the day it all boils down to what Wagner thinks of him, if he likes him and the player works hard he will feature, if not he won't. I hope its the former but time will tell. 

People need to realise that if he comes back it’s not because his loan has gone well, but quite the reverse.  You’d think there’s a lot of work to do before he can be thought of as a first teamer again here.

If he's ever going to play for Norwich then this is the time to be getting him involved. If nothing else, it's an opportunity for a fresh start under the new coach where everyone gets to reassess and make an informed decision about his future. There's a huge amount of potential there for a top player to emerge and I certainly wouldn't be holding anything that happened under Dean Smith against him.

Dowell's resurgence is nothing to do with 'attitude'. It's simply that he's been given an opportunity to play in a more natural role that utilises his strengths without expecting him to run faster than he's capable of. It's entirely possible that Tzolis would also benefit from playing in a more coherent system.

Ultimately we won't know unless we try it, and now is the best time for all parties. If it doesn't work out then we look to move him on next season, probably another loan with clear targets for development then try again a year later. He's still very young.

• Like 1

Where's Tzol Machine? 

After telling us he's going to get 40+ goals and assists at Twente, I'm sure they'd want to let us know that him coming back means he's going to get 20+ goals and assists in the second half of the champs season 😵💫😂 

Well I'm ok with Tzolis returning back to Carra....I hope Waggo can get something out of him....I'm not writing him off....

But let's see what our coach thinks....

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Obviously it's just opinion but Dowell showed the right attitude whereas the idea of Twente not even wanting him around the squad combined with him looking a little overweight doesn't really bode well for me.

He has been injured to be fair to him. He wanted to play for us last season and looked impressive in that cup game. 

There has been times Dowell hasn’t looked interested in the pitch (in the past), but now, he is one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I have a good feeling about this guy and don’t want to see another odjidja-ofoe waste of talent 

54 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Where's Tzol Machine? 

After telling us he's going to get 40+ goals and assists at Twente, I'm sure they'd want to let us know that him coming back means he's going to get 20+ goals and assists in the second half of the champs season 😵💫😂 

Even he admitted he'd maybe overstated after watching him for Twente.

• Like 1

I’m happy with this. I was excited about him when we signed him and he made a decent start, albeit vs Bournemouth’s second string. 

if Wagner can have a positive effect on him, I’d say Tzolis will be a better option/asset for us than Idah. 

If not, please do remind me of this post. 

39 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So it appears we have asked for him back then, instead of them sending him back. 

Screenshot_20230130-114558.png

If the above report is accurate does it suggest that Wagner was being sounded out a few weeks before Smith was sacked?

I am in agreement with TvB on this one, I think his future is going to be more central than a winger, I am quite interested in what Wagner sees for him. 

He showed at Twente he does like to take on a shot from the edge of the area so could be quite an asset to come on in the final minutes of a game at the very least.

• Like 1

YES!!

More undoing of the poor decisions under Smith.  Farke was very vocal on how talented Tzolis is, and Wagner clearly likes him and eyed for the squad if we're bringing him back.  Brilliant news, and like a new signing for me.

He clearly needs instruction to grow. And as above, I think more central is his position as he's not a speed merchant but has great low centre of gravity, solid and will be tough player to dispossess as he matures in the coming years.   I think Wagner will look to play him wide but to come inside as Dowell, and then have options like Onel/Rowe if he wants a runner.

Super pleased with this, just hope it's true! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

YES!!

More undoing of the poor decisions under Smith.  Farke was very vocal on how talented Tzolis is, and Wagner clearly likes him and eyed for the squad if we're bringing him back.  Brilliant news, and like a new signing for me.

He clearly needs instruction to grow. And as above, I think more central is his position as he's not a speed merchant but has great low centre of gravity, solid and will be tough player to dispossess as he matures in the coming years.   I think Wagner will look to play him wide but to come inside as Dowell, and then have options like Onel/Rowe if he wants a runner.

Super pleased with this, just hope it's true! 🙂

I've just been reading through the thread and was getting concerned , I didn't see you in it😊 knowing your liking for Tzolis. I think now we have a coach for the long term haul and yes it's early days  , but this guy is a good fit , without a doubt. Wagner we trust ! No fÙçķìng about, no overcomplicated stats ****. Just simple good quality football. Future feels good. And another 🇧🇷 brazilian. Yes him and Gabi have played together at Sao Paulo.  Hope your happy 😊 ( ah I know you are . Tzolis is coming 🏡🏠 to Carrow Road. 

Enjoy.🍻👍

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

I've just been reading through the thread and was getting concerned , I didn't see you in it😊 knowing your liking for Tzolis

Hey, I only managed to post as I ran out of kleenex!!!  ...Oop, wait... she's brought me some more, catch you all later! 🙂

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So it appears we have asked for him back then, instead of them sending him back. 

Screenshot_20230130-114558.png

That would be very interesting if Wagner has decided he wanted him back. Kind of makes my original post irrelevant...

I wonder if we were waiting for the Cantwell money to use to end the deal? I assume Twente would have wanted some sort of compensation as Wagner said there was no recall option...

Or, Norfolk have got it wrong, Twente have sent him back and we might send him straight back out on loan.

• Like 1

I saw him last year against Bournemouth's reserves, and there is a player in there, I thought he was well ahead of Springett, and with Rowe I am not so sure, Rowe looks to have a lot of potential and would love to see more of him.  I suspect the management team felt he would develop best at FC Twente, and he felt playing top league football in Holland was prestigious enough for him.  If he is not playing he probably feels differently about the opportunity.

Most importantly I hope we are looking after him, his career could go south very quickly.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Or, Norfolk have got it wrong, Twente have sent him back and we might send him straight back out on loan.

Can't believe that, Hayden's on a fully exclusive stay in our medical facility and we can't send him back.  Although someone said to me this morning they heard that Tzolis had fallen out with the manager at Twente?!  Don't know where that came from though.

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's entirely possible that Tzolis would also benefit from playing in a more coherent system.

Exactly this, he needs instruction.  He's only 19 20 21  (It's his Birthday today, oddly!!).

Hmm, this is feeling a little bit Todd Cantwell now i've started typing...But yes, he needs a purpose as he looked lost in the few minutes that Smith played him.

14 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

.But yes, he needs a purpose as he looked lost in the few minutes that Smith played him.

He got off lightly; most of them looked lost for several months. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Can't believe that, Hayden's on a fully exclusive stay in our medical facility and we can't send him back.  Although someone said to me this morning they heard that Tzolis had fallen out with the manager at Twente?!  Don't know where that came from though.

I think we'd have had to accept it, if that were the case you're right. It might be that Twente have said he's not going to get any football here, for whatever reason. I suppose Bethnal put it well when he said if Twente did want him at all, he wouldn't be coming back. That's not a great sign, for a player I already don't rate! 🙂 

We saw a lot of Rashica to form a view that he seemed not right for us. As for Tzolis, so little playing time to assess. I'm very pleased he is getting a second chance. And clearly, this lad has talent but is still quite young. With him, Idah, Omibamidele, Tomkinson, Gibbs not to mention Rowe, Springett etc we do seem to have some encouraging younger players coming through the system. You could see a kind of transition here to a new team in maybe 9 to 12 months time.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, sonyc said:

We saw a lot of Rashica to form a view that he seemed not right for us. As for Tzolis, so little playing time to assess. I'm very pleased he is getting a second chance. And clearly, this lad has talent but is still quite young. With him, Idah, Omibamidele, Tomkinson, Gibbs not to mention Rowe, Springett etc we do seem to have some encouraging younger players coming through the system. You could see a kind of transition here to a new team in maybe 9 to 12 months time.

This has always been an often stated part of the plan. People get blinded into believing everything is wrong and we're going to hell in a financial handcart. I have never bought into it and also never concentrated on the negatives about those that run our club. I believe we have much to be thankful for.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Don't forget Mumba! 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

if Twente did want him at all, he wouldn't be coming back. That's not a great sign, for a player I already don't rate! 🙂 

You could say that about any number of our players though, very few planned their careers to be a Norwich player.  We offer them a platform to build and better themselves if they want it.

If we can do that with Tzoli and raise him to a mid-prem standard then we all win.  What FC Twente's plans or Ron Jans as manager are there  doesn't really mean much to me.

It's entirely down to Wagner and the team if/when he returns, and that's all we need to worry about.

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

You could say that about any number of our players though, very few planned their careers to be a Norwich player.  We offer them a platform to build and better themselves if they want it.

If we can do that with Tzoli and raise him to a mid-prem standard then we all win.  What FC Twente's plans or Ron Jans as manager are there  doesn't really mean much to me.

It's entirely down to Wagner and the team if/when he returns, and that's all we need to worry about.

I agree, and Wagner has done enough so far to earn the right to make his call on the player, and the player deserves to come in and us fans not judge him on previous (even me).

BUT...

Farke ended up dropping him. Smith tried to play him and quickly ended up dropping him. Twente are now happy to cut the loan spell short half way through it. These aren't exactly positive signs. When I then take those facts backed up with what I saw with my own eyes it really doesn't look good for me.

Although, some players and some managers just click. And for the money we've spent on him it'd be really good news if this was one of those situations.