TeemuVanBasten

Tzolis returning to Norwich

7 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Wagner saw him In rehab training and asked the hierarchy to engineer an early return. Tzolis has put the pressure on his end. 

This is where my optimism started to grow.

It's interesting how Wagner seems to have made very quick decisions in terms of:

• Liking the look of Tzolis
  • Immediately knowing that Hugil and Sinani arent good enough
  • Sargent plays through the middle or not at all
  • No point giving Cantwell any more time
  • Heck he's even managed to make a star player out of McLean!!!

It could all go disastrously wrong but I certainly have faith in his opinion.

• Like 5

On 30/01/2023 at 12:27, Rivvo said:

If the above report is accurate does it suggest that Wagner was being sounded out a few weeks before Smith was sacked?

Did anyone answer this question? Maybe the mention of December in that report is just an error. Was Wagner already at NCFC while Tzolis was back here for rehab work?

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Did anyone answer this question? Maybe the mention of December in that report is just an error. Was Wagner already at NCFC while Tzolis was back here for rehab work?

Rob Butler admitted in a reply to his tweet that he got it wrong mentioning December - he said he remembered it was during the "Xmas holiday" that Wagner was appointed, but realised it was only just before the 12th day. He apologised for setting any hares running.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Rob Butler admitted in a reply to his tweet that he got it wrong mentioning December - he said he remembered it was during the "Xmas holiday" that Wagner was appointed, but realised it was only just before the 12th day. He apologised for setting any hares running.

Oh dear, that doesnt suit at all. Surely there was summat dodgy goin on, has to be. I reckon Delia fancies  Christos , now Toddy has gone. 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I reckon Delia fancies  Christos , now Toddy has gone. 

Nah, All the girls like Sarge.  You can hear them gushing on match day when he comes over.

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Nah, All the girls like Sarge.  You can hear them gushing on match day when he comes over.

Wasnt there a mention of pads being available free that would soak up said gushing?Personally i wouldnt describe Delia as a girl. Id be surprised jf she gushes anymore 😐.

Lets not take this any further, i have California Sushi Rolls for Dinner.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Funnily enough MWJ has Stowmarket sushi curls for his dinner later.  Found some orange fluff in them last week, apparently.

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Now I'm wondering which meaning of 'gushing' you're alluding to.

If it's the meaning I instantly thought of they must really, really like him. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Funnily enough MWJ has Stowmarket sushi curls for his dinner later.  Found some orange fluff in them last week, apparently.

Bonnie Langford?

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wasnt there a mention of pads being available free that would soak up said gushing?Personally i wouldnt describe Delia as a girl. Id be surprised jf she gushes anymore 😐.

Too late. Sick in my mouth 

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Funnily enough , i love a bit of ginger on me sushi.  Really. I think its slightly fermented as well😐

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, cheers, that makes a lot more sense. That seems to mean that the substantive part of that tweet is right, then, that Wagner was instrumental in bringing Tzolis back, which is a very good sign.

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

It's interesting how Wagner seems to have made very quick decisions in terms of:

• Liking the look of Tzolis
  • Immediately knowing that Hugil and Sinani arent good enough
  • Sargent plays through the middle or not at all
  • No point giving Cantwell any more time
  • Heck he's even managed to make a star player out of McLean!!!

It could all go disastrously wrong but I certainly have faith in his opinion.

Agreed, and you can probably add Dowell and Onel to that list. Neither had done nothing all season to this point.

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

No, there was no answer, Tzolis’ return was announced yesterday whilst Wagner was appointed/announced on the 6th, if he was watching him in late December then he must have been sounded out for the job already, unless like you say the date on the report is incorrect.

6 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

No, there was no answer, Tzolis’ return was announced yesterday whilst Wagner was appointed/announced on the 6th, if he was watching him in late December then he must have been sounded out for the job already, unless like you say the date on the report is incorrect.

@shefcanary answered me above. Seems Butler got the date wrong.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

@shefcanary answered me above. Seems Butler got the date wrong.

Thanks, I wouldn’t have seen Shefs reply as I’ve blocked him for talking about an independent director 🤣 only joking by the way!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Thanks, I wouldn’t have seen Shefs reply as I’ve blocked him for talking about an independent director 🤣 only joking by the way!

Oh @Rivvo independent directors are so now! 

Actually just checking whether you have really blocked me. 😘

18 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Oh @Rivvo independent directors are so now! 

Actually just checking whether you have really blocked me. 😘

Haha, I did say it was a joke 😉

• Haha 1

I know it was a cameo appearance with limited minutes but he just looks such a completely nothing player to me. No real pace, physicality, ambles around, turns about as quick as Hanley...hopefully improves.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I know it was a cameo appearance with limited minutes but he just looks such a completely nothing player to me. No real pace, physicality, ambles around, turns about as quick as Hanley...hopefully improves.

I've always had great hopes for Tzolis, but I have to say he looked poor today. On the other hand, you might say that anyone would look poor stepping into a team who are losing 0-3 with fifteen minutes to go. I'm hoping it was just Wagner deciding that the game was lost anyway, so he might as well just ease Tzolis back into the side when there was no pressure to perform. Wagner can't have had much time to work tactically with the player, which might explain why Tzolis didn't even seem to know what he was supposed to be doing, let alone do it.

I know he's coming back from an injury but his apparent lack of fitness is also concerning.

20 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I've always had great hopes for Tzolis, but I have to say he looked poor today. On the other hand, you might say that anyone would look poor stepping into a team who are losing 0-3 with fifteen minutes to go. I'm hoping it was just Wagner deciding that the game was lost anyway, so he might as well just ease Tzolis back into the side when there was no pressure to perform. Wagner can't have had much time to work tactically with the player, which might explain why Tzolis didn't even seem to know what he was supposed to be doing, let alone do it.

I know he's coming back from an injury but his apparent lack of fitness is also concerning.

He looks a good stone overweight. If we're paying Marquinhos God knows gow much a week, why didn't he come on?

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He looks a good stone overweight. If we're paying Marquinhos God knows gow much a week, why didn't he come on?

You clearly didn't see the video that Cambridge put up. He's not overweight going by that.

My issue with Tzolis was his first little spell in and around the ball, Burnley bypassed him and he stopped and moaned with hands in the air. He literally put his parts on after 3 minutes in the pitch. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

My issue with Tzolis was his first little spell in and around the ball, Burnley bypassed him and he stopped and moaned with hands in the air. He literally put his parts on after 3 minutes in the pitch. 

I literally didn't notice him.  I saw him come on and then ... Nothing.

13 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I could forgive that if he showed any sort of attacking impetus or ability.

I generally can at least see what Webber and our scouting department were trying to do even if the signing didn't work out. I cannot see any real redeemable attacking qualities, even raw.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Spot on. Once he tried to run back after an 'attack' (I use the term generously you realise!) broke down and the old head was rolling from side to side like a marathon runner running down The Mall at the end of 26 miles! To think that Herr Farke descibed him as 'one of the most exciting young attacking talents in Europe' and we were conned into wasting NINE MILLION UK Sterling £'s on said talent!

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I could forgive that if he showed any sort of attacking impetus or ability.

I generally can at least see what Webber and our scouting department were trying to do even if the signing didn't work out. I cannot see any real redeemable attacking qualities, even raw.

Even a 34 year old Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, survivor of a serious brain injury, is still a very good player in the Eredivisie, for Twente in fact where Tsoliz couldn't find a rhythm. 

His failure to impress in that league concerns me greatly.

I suspect his age, the 3.5 years he has left on his contract and complete absence of suitors will mean that he'll get another loan next season to try and impress and gain some confidence, might have to be back in Greece. If he can't find whatever it was that we were attracted to in Greece then he's just done.

We're paying him until the summer of 2026, have to hope and pray there's a player in there somewhere and that he'll start to show it somewhere at some stage. Perhaps sending him to Hibernian, Hearts, Aberdeen next season might not be the worst of ideas, will be sink or swim and might toughen him up?

I mean, flop at f*cking Aberdeen and he'd clearly have to go down as possibly our worst ever signing when considering the 5 year contract and £8m fee?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1