cambridgeshire canary

So what was your favourite Cantwell moment?

The Man City goal. That day was the peak of the Daniel Farke reign. Doesn't get any better than that as a fan of a promoted club, beating a team worth 500m with so many first choice defenders out injured. It really felt like we were the envy of every club in the country outside the top ten that day.

• Like 7

This one for me. Peak Farkeball (falling behind against a bottom 3 team and struggling to break them down before a bit of Pukki, Emi and Cantwell magic). Took us 10 points clear with 10 games to go. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This one for me. Peak Farkeball (falling behind against a bottom 3 team and struggling to break them down before a bit of Pukki, Emi and Cantwell magic). Took us 10 points clear with 10 games to go. 

The curve on that is outrageous. Beckham could not do it better

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think I'll go with..

The 'City View' of that game, with Ben and Jamal celebrating Adam and Todd's penalties in the shoot out, and then the shot of Delia hugging Adam afterwards, encapsulates everything that was good about that Delia-Webber-Farke era. Exciting young players, many of whom had come through our academy, going toe-to-toe with the best, often falling short but occasionally doing something really special. We were doing it differently, and I was really proud of that. @Captain Holtis obviously right that the Man City goal is surely Todd's NCFC highlight. But this game will always have a special place in my heart.

Lots of people complain that Todd is a bit c0cky. But you don't stick a penalty in the top corner in a shootout, with tens of thousands of opposition fans trying to put you off, at whatever age he was, without being a bit c0cky.

I'm really sad about how it has worked out, and without background knowledge, try not to speculate on the reasons why. But like @Petriix, I wish him well and hope he regains his best form. He had something.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

It really felt like we were the envy of every club in the country

Remember having that exact feeling driving home from the Bayern game. That Man City game was probably the first time since then that it was true again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

After the last 18 months of nonsense....probably today.

relieved this circus is finally over

I agree. A time here tainted by the behaviour of late. Could have been so much more. 

Good that the distraction of this circus has left. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Same one for me.

• Like 1

Lots of highs and lots of lows. The Man City goal the biggest high and maybe last year against Villa when Buendia nutmegged him probably the biggest low.

I reckon Todd is going to go full Joey Barton.

Like when Barton moved to Marseilles and started doing interviews like he was Eric Cantona. 
Toddy has probably been hanging out with Kenny all week and when hes unveiled at Rangers will probably say

"Well ja know Im jus happy tobe her a Rengers....fam... blud..eerr Laddy"

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

Absolutely outrageous finish this one, top bins on his weaker foot is no mean feat. I'm happy he's moving on as I think it's best for both parties but it makes me sad we never got him back to his best. He was meant to be the next Buendia but he never quite got back in the groove. I hope his fortunes are better up north. All the best Todd, and thanks for being part of a peak Farkeball. Three promotions (he got one across the pond, right?) and two seasons in the top flight. Not bad for a lad from Dereham. 

I like that one and the one before it in this vid. Both top corner finishes, one with the left foot, one with the right. 

For me it’s the keepy-ups penalty. It sort of encapsulates so much of Todd. Clearly talented, smattering of cocky arrogance, one eye on the highlights reel but when applied, the ability to carry it all off.

I really wish he’d kicked on here, we were desperate for that post-Emi and it seems a lifetime ago he was being spoken about in sentences that contained the words Grealish and Mount. The major disappointment is that the wheels came off for whatever reason and an outstanding academy talent has departed for 2’6, an easy peel satsuma and a lump of coal.

Hopefully he regains the spark and goes on to great success. Maybe one day we’ll find out if he was badly handled, a bit of a threepenny bit or whatever. Still a bit of a shame. The loocul boy done good story is encouraging for youngsters but if (I have no idea) the local goldfish bowl was a bit much, Glasgow will be an eye opener. Wish him all the luck in the world though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Absolutely outrageous finish this one, top bins on his weaker foot is no mean feat. I'm happy he's moving on as I think it's best for both parties but it makes me sad we never got him back to his best. He was meant to be the next Buendia but he never quite got back in the groove. I hope his fortunes are better up north. All the best Todd, and thanks for being part of a peak Farkeball. Three promotions (he got one across the pond, right?) and two seasons in the top flight. Not bad for a lad from Dereham. 

No bad but could have been more and should have been more. 

14 hours ago, Petriix said:

Emi's tackle and then telling Gibson, "get out of my way, burro" is such an enjoyable part of that goal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think I'll go with..

Having watched it back, this definitely has to win. Todd doing something showy while someone shouts "fück off you cóck" at him pretty much sums up his time here.

11 hours ago, mastoola said:

the moment he signed for rangers  biggest waste of space ive seen at Norwich

There are some more uncomfortable threads for you to look forward to courtesy of cambridge......

When he makes his debut and when he scores a goal. I expect one of them to have the title Cantwell watch.

• Haha 1

Probably the Man City goal, just for the sense of disbelief and elation in the stadium.

I also like the goal against Man Utd in the FA Cup quarter final. Shame Klose subsequently mucked up our chances that day.

5 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

I also like the goal against Man Utd in the FA Cup quarter final.

Good shout, that. Bit of a forgotten goal. Empty stadium, I guess.

I’ll go with the goal he scored in our 3-2 victory against Man City. After that it has to be his penalty in the FA Cup shoot out v Spurs