Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Fair play to the fans and the team.

Absolutely brilliant and certainly makes you proud of our fans….players and manager. Credit to Coventry fans too, it was a lovely to see the applause at 8 minutes.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely brilliant and certainly makes you proud of our fans….players and manager. Credit to Coventry fans too, it was a lovely to see the applause at 8 minutes.

Yes, great effort by the Coventry fans who all joined in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Omo looks like he wants to stick the nut in on someone.

An adhesive cashew?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes, great effort by the Coventry fans who all joined in. 

And to Coventry City Football Club who had a photo of Amber on their big screen at 8 mins. Class 👏

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Indy said:

They were brilliant with that. Every single one of them stood up and joined in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes they really joined in properly 

Watching on the box, I have to admit I became very choked up when players went over to Amber's Mum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Watching on the box, I have to admit I became very choked up when players went over to Amber's Mum.

Whole thing choked me up to be honest. I’ve got young kids, can’t imagine what that family has gone through. To see such a perfect public display of remembrance and support from players, fans and both clubs was deeply moving.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

That was her mum ?

17 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Me too. Was class of Krul and Sarge to give her such a long hug and words. I felt very proud of them - plus Dowell dedicated the match to her in the post match interview. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Whole thing choked me up to be honest. I’ve got young kids, can’t imagine what that family has gone through. To see such a perfect public display of remembrance and support from players, fans and both clubs was deeply moving.

Same. I sat watching at home choked up and joining in the clapping.

Seeing Josh hugging her mother was very moving. A wonderful gesture all round by the players and fans on both sides. RIP Amber

Edited by Spillay
typo

29 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Me too. Was class of Krul and Sarge to give her such a long hug and words. I felt very proud of them - plus Dowell dedicated the match to her in the post match interview. 

A nice reminder that we have some really outstanding human beings at this club.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Great photo, luckily I'm just above the shot so I'm not ruining it 😁👍💛💚

I’m in the shot but thankfully masked by someone’s scarf, so my mug doesn’t ruin the moment either. 
Was really proud of both sets of supporters on 8 minutes and the players at the end too. Cannot begin to comprehend what that family is going through right now.

Edited by Shining White
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

That was her mum ?

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

Here she is with Amber's dad and brother.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's not Amber's dad! Although the man in the picture did do alot and care alot for Amber.

Edited by hogesar

23 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Have to try and watch that. The family must have gone through a maelstrom of emotions. The devastation of losing a young child in such a cruel manner yet they and Amber will have been so proud of both football clubs and both sets of fans. Very emotional.

On 21/01/2023 at 19:40, Sooty57 said:

Watched it this morning as I went yesterday, partly I have to admit to see if you could hear when everyone was singing “Sky TV is ******* sh*t” (you couldn’t) 😳 but as just this happened I seemed to get something in my eye. 😢

Beautiful moment and fair play to Coventry and their fans.

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can confirm I'm not her Dad 🙃

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Browno said:

Can confirm I'm not her Dad 🙃

Haha, I didnt want to name you myself but I was pretty certain! Thoughts with you of course.