TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, England's national anthem is absolute dross.

Yup - needs changing, would be a good time to do it, too.

Back on Todd, seems the Daily Record are reporting that he’s jetted in for his medical https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/todd-cantwell-jets-rangers-medical-29004867.amp

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, England's national anthem is absolute dross.

To be fair England and Scotland both have the same national anthem - the anthem of the UK (which is a total durge, I agree)

Only on this forum can we descend into open argument about nationalistic identity, the extent and value of speculation in football and the quality of a national anthem from one thread about a player leaving for another club. 

facepalm-really.gif.1e9d7f15ef63b06490e796693b037492.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Only on this forum can we descend into open argument about nationalistic identity, the extent and value of speculation in football and the quality of a national anthem from one thread about a player leaving for another club. 

You missed the Cantwell thread where somehow it ended up getting side-tracked into a remote group of islands in the Gulf of Bothnia. That was probably my favourite.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I somehow doubt that it is only on this forum!

23 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

To be fair England and Scotland both have the same national anthem - the anthem of the UK (which is a total durge, I agree)

Fair point! I do think both Flower of Scotland and Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau are better arrangements though. Although even then, both of those are really about average in my book. 

Currently I hear he's at the Wee Rangers Club going through the hun indocrination video while enjoying a roll and square with some irn bru. Green is evil and he's been playing in f****n /Celtic colours all his life so he's had to burn his clothes. He's not onto the national anthem yet as he has to master the Sash and the Billy Boys. Tonight Karoke at the Louden Tavern then into toon.

Does anyone else find it odd that the manner in which this transfer is being reported, is much more like he's one of our most important players and this is huge news?

Every day it seems to inch along. 'Breaking news, Rangers in talks for Cantwell!', 'Breaking news Norwich and Rangers have agreed terms for Cantwell!!', 'Breaking News, Rangers are now negotiating personal terms with Cantwell!!!'

Just want it over with now, really

• Like 1

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the manner in which this transfer is being reported, is much more like he's one of our most important players and this is huge news?

Not really.

Rangers are one of the big two sides in a national top tier. Papers write for their audience, Old Firm news is big news.

Most of the headlines seem to be in the Daily Record, footballscotland, Glasgow Live etc, completely normal.

They are getting way too excited about a player who hasn't scored or assisted for over 18 months though.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

£1.5 million for a spoilt overpaid footballer not contributing to his current club... get in!

If true, then big credit Webber.

I genuinely didn't think we'd get anything near 500k, for a player who isn't playing for us anyway, has barely played in 18 months and they could sign on a pre-contract this month for free.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Guess he meant to the top of the country, to Scotland.

What a ………………..

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I genuinely didn't think we'd get anything near 500k, for a player who isn't playing for us anyway, has barely played in 18 months and they could sign on a pre-contract this month for free.

I suppose Rangers still have an outside chance of winning the title and have injuries so need manpower now. Slim chance but not impossible if Celtic have a wobble.

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well that hasn't aged too well.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Not the first time - getting £15m for Jamal Lewis when Liverpool low-balled, then bought Tsimikas was a good effort. Not to mention getting a million for Marley Watkins!!

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not the first time - getting £15m for Jamal Lewis when Liverpool low-balled, then bought Tsimikas was a good effort. Not to mention getting a million for Marley Watkins!!

You haven't even mentioned the £10 million for Josh Murphy (now plying his trade with Oxford) and the £12 million for Pritchard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You haven't even mentioned the £10 million for Josh Murphy (now plying his trade with Oxford) and the £12 million for Pritchard. 

Good shouts. Webber's made some good money on average players.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

It didn't look too great at the time. We rated him, but not to the same extent we rated a player like James Maddison, or Craig Bellamy, "the top" seemed far fetched at the time. He was having a moderately good season for a team in the relegation zone in the top tier.

45 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

and the £12 million for Pritchard. 

£15m for Jamal Lewis as well. 

Done nothing since leaving to suggest he should be in the top flight, for me he's an average Championship left back.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Neither has that. The tweet was from 2019. A 21 year-old responds to abuse and criticism by saying it won't stop him him striving to be the best he can be, and suggests others receiving such abuse should also do likewise. Feel free to explain what is so appalling about him voicing those sentiments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's a fine line between sounding like you are being confident of your abilities and sounding like a cocky spoilt brat who can't take being told no.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Feel free to explain what is so appalling about him voicing those sentiments.

Well the grammar was pretty atrocious. Nobody likes a double negative.