TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

Good riddance! They're plenty of evidence now, in my opinion, that Cantwell was a problem. The only part of this saga that saddens me is that Webber couldn't have sussed out Cantwell was never going to get in line and we missed out on £15-25m for him a few years back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I think Cantwell was very, very fortunate to notch 6 goals in that 2019-2020 PL campaign. I suspect he'll struggle to ever reach that level again, or perhaps even find much footing in the PL at all.

I also suspect that Rangers/SPL is a bad fit for him and he's moved on elsewhere in a year.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Thank God for that, 23 pages on. Now can we all just forget about him, please?

I do feel that if wed supported him more, got behind him more, hed have outperformed anyone ,anywhere , and if we'd have appreciated the quality of Dean  and  let him improve Todd , like he did  the rest of the squad, hed be goung to PSG for 55million, but we didn't cheer enough.....

@TeemuVanBasten @nutty nigel

€50 being transferrred in a mo.😇👌

1740. Done.... not sure how long it'll  take Nuttyo but ive had confirmation  of transfer. 👌

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I think Cantwell was very, very fortunate to notch 6 goals in that 2019-2020 PL campaign. I suspect he'll struggle to ever reach that level again, or perhaps even find much footing in the PL at all.

I also suspect that Rangers/SPL is a bad fit for him and he's moved on elsewhere in a year.

MLS 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

Sighs of relief all round.

For all that's been said, good or bad, I wish him well. If he approaches it like he did at the beginning of that first PL season with us, where he was so enthusiastic, he'll do ok.  Shouldn't have a problem really, they are a dominant team, always on the front foot and that should help him.

He'll need those gloves and ear mvffs though.....

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No new thread? 😇

He is waiting for him to be paraded in a Rangers shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Good riddance! They're plenty of evidence now, in my opinion, that Cantwell was a problem. The only part of this saga that saddens me is that Webber couldn't have sussed out Cantwell was never going to get in line and we missed out on £15-25m for him a few years back.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 'anit it? God knows that 15-20 million offer from Leeds looks great now..

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Rangers fans seem delighted, could be a great move for him.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-rangers-todd-cantwell.232548/

Even if he's not up to form we know he'll put a shift in and I think they'll appreciate that.  It's the perfect platform at a great level for him, I mean, really he can't possibly screw this up - can he?!

On previous form he'll put in a few decent shifts then there'll be some ' issues '.

Will he screw it up ? It would be nice for him if he doesn't but opting to try and get back on track in that bear pit of a place you have to say the odds don't look very appealing.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Good luck to him. Really hope he can kick his career back into gear but a bit gutted it wont be with us.

Im not sure we will ever get the full story.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Good luck to him. Really hope he can kick his career back into gear but a bit gutted it wont be with us.

Sure we will. In his awesome new autobiography "Norfolk 'n' Spare" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Rangers fans seem delighted, could be a great move for him.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-rangers-todd-cantwell.232548/

Even if he's not up to form we know he'll put a shift in and I think they'll appreciate that.  It's the perfect platform at a great level for him, I mean, really he can't possibly screw this up - can he?!

Apart from when his "heads not right" and he refuses to train or play that is 🙄

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm anticipating a tell-all interview in the Athletic or TNC appearance. I can't tell you exactly when, but it'll be around the time he starts finding himself out of the team (much like his 'I have heart for Norwich interview around the time he started not getting in the Bournemouth side)

One thing he's consistently good at is keeping his name in people's mouths.

Edited by Mason 47
  • Like 1

That’s got rid of him at last. We all wish him well. However , he will get kicked off the park up there. 

Rumour has it his fee is £38.5m lower than the £40m bounded about on here a while back. It's probably harder than you think running a football club eh?

Edited by spencer 1970
  • Haha 1

No fee being mentioned on EDP. Nor does it mentioned “an undisclosed fee” on the official website. Be interesting to know what we got for him in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

No fee being mentioned on EDP. Nor does it mentioned “an undisclosed fee” on the official website. Be interesting to know what we got for him in the end.

The Sun (I know?!) are saying "in the region of £1.5m...still better than zip in 5 months.

• Like 1

I always think you have to be a particular type of (sports)person to choose No.13. The first one who springs to mind is Pastor Maldonado. 

BTW - this is an unpopular opinion but since he has left, I believe I am now allowed to say he fell over an awful lot for a professional footballer (sometimes with a very minor level of contact), and I much prefer watching Rashica - I have said it, I will now put on a tin hat and retire.

• Sad 1