TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ah well, £25 to a good cause! 

I thought i was in for €50. 🤦‍♀️ .

You'll end up  coughing up anyway TvB as my Chelsea  prediction will come to pass 😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I thought i was in for €50. 🤦‍♀️ 

It has been such a long time that I couldn't remember if it were £50 or £25, I definitely tried to reduce the bet to £25 but either way, its a decent donation to a good cause mate! 

• Like 1

He's 24. His next move is probably going to be definitive in terms of whether he realises the potential we all know he has. I think it not unreasonable that he makes sure he gives himself the best possible chance to choose wisely. Fan frustration is not a reason for thinking the man should be treated as if his own wishes are not relevant.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

He's 24. His next move is probably going to be definitive in terms of whether he realises the potential we all know he has. I think it not unreasonable that he makes sure he gives himself the best possible chance to choose wisely. Fan frustration is not a reason for thinking the man should be treated as if his own wishes are not relevant.

That goes for any player, whatrever his age. That is not the prblem. It is how he appears to go about achieveing that, what causes concern. Endless tantrums and no shows are what you might expect from a boy half his age. I exoect clubs will be wary of signing him, even with clauses that address that behaviour. As said elsewhere on this thread. These problems are of his own making. Patience is not limitless, as City have shown. It might be that other clubs see it the same now

24 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

That goes for any player, whatrever his age. That is not the prblem. It is how he appears to go about achieveing that, what causes concern. Endless tantrums and no shows are what you might expect from a boy half his age. I exoect clubs will be wary of signing him, even with clauses that address that behaviour. As said elsewhere on this thread. These problems are of his own making. Patience is not limitless, as City have shown. It might be that other clubs see it the same now

Its as though he's channelling his inner Ronaldo - but without the skill. I suspect he doesn't have a Saudi, US or Chinese bolt hole lined up if all else fails.

36 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

exactly 

Pukki is out of contract in the summer and gives it his all no problems 

other players are in the same boat and will play if selected and train 

i am sure we have done everything in our power to help Todd due to his value if playing at top of his game 

a Happy playing Todd before all this started was 15/20 million maybe more now he is walking away for 1.5 mill 

i am sure the club has tried everything they can 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

Presumably Todd (his agent) may well now be thinking best thing is to just let his contract run out and then sign for a club at the end of the season where he will get a huge signing on fee (commission) in lieu of the team having to pay us any transfer fee.

I wonder if there is actually any risk to this from Todd's perspective. Lets be honest he will surely find a club who are willing to take a punt on him with no transfer fee despite some concerns over his attitude/fitness. Is there any chance it could totally back fire and he effectively finds himself unemployed?

21 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

For God’s sake, can’t he just go somewhere? Anywhere? Just get this disruptive and expensive admin burden away from NCFC.  

This 100%. Hopefully we have a fresh start with Wagner through the door and the last thing we need is this soap opera dragging on and on.

25 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Presumably Todd (his agent) may well now be thinking best thing is to just let his contract run out and then sign for a club at the end of the season where he will get a huge signing on fee (commission) in lieu of the team having to pay us any transfer fee.

I wonder if there is actually any risk to this from Todd's perspective. Lets be honest he will surely find a club who are willing to take a punt on him with no transfer fee despite some concerns over his attitude/fitness. Is there any chance it could totally back fire and he effectively finds himself unemployed?

I think that could happen by the sound of it he wants to leave ASAP or maybe the club wants him out 

he would get a big signing on fee maybe in the region of what clubs are bidding for him now 

i think there is a Risk 6 months here and bad press about why he is not playing till end of season any more messing about and everytime that happens i suspect another club drops off the list 

he will always get a club no problem but how good that club is will also be getting smaller ,

also a point that a club might want him for the remaining time in the season 

maybe they are selling someone and want him in now 

maybe they want to push to go up or foreign team want to get into a euro place ? 

in the summer there is a lot more players available and teams let them go / out of contract than now 

lets face it at 1.5 mil he is very cheap IF you can get him playing 

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

lets face it at 1.5 mil he is very cheap IF you can get him playing 

He won't be cheap at zero if he's as disruptive to his new club as he's been to Norwich these past two years.

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

He won't be cheap at zero if he's as disruptive to his new club as he's been to Norwich these past two years.

Very true 

in fact if you had a tight knit squad who were doing well either beating the drop or going up you wouldn't want him so more clubs off the list !! 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

I've never been as certain of this as some. Physically, he is not up to it - not big, not strong and very slow. To get away with this in the Premier League, you have to be special, and he isn't. His technique, I'd describe as adequate, his first touch and control is at the poorer end of the scale. That's not to say he is awful, I'm just not convinced he has any additional potential, and think he peaked a couple of years ago. I expect that he'll make a (good) living out of football, but doubt he would ever be a regular at a Premier League team in the future.

• Like 1

He will still be here when the window closes. 
he will still be taking a wage for little effort, as is his right, but that is not a good advert to get a decent move. 

That we atre more tha two weeks into the transfer window and that he is still here says much. These are games that his new club will not be able to use him in. We are not waiting until we can get a replacement. The word is he can go. So why the hold up ? As said, perhaps there is not the clamour for his signature, and perhaps what is being offered in the way of wages is wy below what City were paying.

The suggestion by most on here (I assume) would be to knuckle down, accept what is on offer (he is not worrying about the gas bill) and get back on the pitch and prove he is worthy of a PL squad place. That can be done at any club in the lower e leagues. Sat sulking in his tent like Achilles is not doing him any favours. Not now, nor in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I've never been as certain of this as some. Physically, he is not up to it - not big, not strong and very slow. To get away with this in the Premier League, you have to be special, and he isn't. His technique, I'd describe as adequate, his first touch and control is at the poorer end of the scale. That's not to say he is awful, I'm just not convinced he has any additional potential, and think he peaked a couple of years ago. I expect that he'll make a (good) living out of football, but doubt he would ever be a regular at a Premier League team in the future.

Best have a word with Shearer and Lineker, they were in no doubt. But then what would they know!

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

That we atre more tha two weeks into the transfer window and that he is still here says much. These are games that his new club will not be able to use him in. We are not waiting until we can get a replacement. The word is he can go. So why the hold up ? As said, perhaps there is not the clamour for his signature, and perhaps what is being offered in the way of wages is wy below what City were paying.

The suggestion by most on here (I assume) would be to knuckle down, accept what is on offer (he is not worrying about the gas bill) and get back on the pitch and prove he is worthy of a PL squad place. That can be done at any club in the lower e leagues. Sat sulking in his tent like Achilles is not doing him any favours. Not now, nor in the future.

You and several others seem know a lot about what Todd is thinking and doing. Perhaps you should contact the press, they'll probably pay you a bob or two for your inside knowledge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Best have a word with Shearer and Lineker, they were in no doubt. But then what would they know!

Have they made any comments about him recently or are you just referring to what they said  a couple of years ago when he had some good form? (However, you are right; I don't particularly give any stock to what they say anyway).

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Have they made any comments about him recently or are you just referring to what they said  a couple of years ago when he had some good form? (However, you are right; I don't particularly give any stock to what they say anyway).

So you admit that he showed in those two seasons of PL football that he was more than capable of playing at that level. Ability and form are separate issues.

Frankly I find people's need to keep going on about him in derogatory fashion somewhat perverse. Not least of all because the club have clearly written him off, and Wagner's plans don't involve him in any way. Move on, the team clearly has.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 2

If he’s as cavalier as some suggest with regards turning up for training, inappropriate use of social media, or being extremely late for meetings with managers etc, I would hope the Club have already issued formal warnings so that, if he’s still here when the window closes, they could go down the disciplinary route and terminate his employment due to breach of contract.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

If he’s as cavalier as some suggest with regards turning up for training, inappropriate use of social media, or being extremely late for meetings with managers etc, I would hope the Club have already issued formal warnings so that, if he’s still here when the window closes, they could go down the disciplinary route and terminate his employment due to breach of contract.

Spot on! If indeed he is guilty of the "endless tantrums" and serial failure to turn up to required team events (as many on here seem so confident is the case) then it's truly astonishing he hasn't already been sanctioned for breach of contract.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You and several others seem know a lot about what Todd is thinking and doing. Perhaps you should contact the press, they'll probably pay you a bob or two for your inside knowledge.

I expect we see the same reports in the press and from the club. Whether that is 'inside information' or not is not so much a moot point as it is fact. You may have missed all the walk outs, tantrums and no shows but they were reported here and widely elsewhere. As to any speculation based on those facts I doubt even the Sun would pay (unless I wrote in crayon).

24 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

To be fair he could equally have multiple options available to him and he's taking his time / agent bidding them against one another. From his point of view he'll want to be certain this next move is the right one (as much as he can be).

11 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I think breach of contract requires a bit more than just childlike petulance. That he did not sign a new contract in the summer does suggest the he was not offered one, as the clubs decision that he can leave in January would seem to conffirm.

2 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I expect we see the same reports in the press and from the club. Whether that is 'inside information' or not is not so much a moot point as it is fact. You may have missed all the walk outs, tantrums and no shows but they were reported here and widely elsewhere. As to any speculation based on those facts I doubt even the Sun would pay (unless I wrote in crayon).

Yep! I did indeed miss those endless tantrums and all the walkouts and no shows. Certainly can't remember the club making press releases citing such cases.

BTW saying something was "widely reported on here" is probably not the route to go down if you are looking to confirm the veracity of your claims. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair he could equally have multiple options available to him and he's taking his time / agent bidding them against one another. From his point of view he'll want to be certain this next move is the right one (as much as he can be).

Which undoubtedly would be leaked to the media were there such. The right move is to get back playing. It does not really matter where at this stage. What is needed is for him to show he can act professionally on and off the pitch. At the moment he is doing neither.

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yep! I did indeed miss those endless tantrums and all the walkouts and no shows. Certainly can't remember the club making press releases citing such cases.

BTW saying something was "widely reported on here" is probably not the route to go down if you are looking to confirm the veracity of your claims. 

Have another look. On here means the Pinkun. If Archant were publishing stuff that was not true I am sure the club would at least demand a retraction, if not take action for libel. So if posters then repeat stuff that Arxhant has published I would suggest it is correct. Much as there was much comment on here about Citys 4-0 win on Saturday. Are we to doubt the veracity of that because Archant published what they stated was the result?

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

Have another look. On here means the Pinkun. If Archant were publishing stuff that was not true I am sure the club would at least demand a retraction, if not take action for libel. So if posters then repeat stuff that Arxhant has published I would suggest it is correct. Much as there was much comment on here about Citys 4-0 win on Saturday. Are we to doubt the veracity of that because Archant published what they stated was the result?

Feel free to link all the articles any time you like.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Which undoubtedly would be leaked to the media were there such. The right move is to get back playing. It does not really matter where at this stage. What is needed is for him to show he can act professionally on and off the pitch. At the moment he is doing neither.

We don't know how he's acting right now. We know he's been told he can leave. Each interested party wouldn't necessarily be leaked to the media, although we seem to know about PSV and Rangers. He doesn't need to rush into making a decision. He has until the end of the month and I suspect he'll utilise that regardless.