TheGoogler

Todd Cantwell to Rangers

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Rangers Ibrox stadium is full of union jacks 

yes they will always be Scottish first but they are very patriotic towards the royals and the union 

they are royalists 

I do not know about save the king now but save the queen was  sung before games by fans just like penny arcade 

Spot anything in the rangers dressing room?

120818808_3675714529113942_5088383980149

37 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Cantwell is still a Norwich player. We move on when he’s an ex-player.

If you read / listen to Wagner, I would suggest that at this point, he really is no longer a Norwich player. If he doesn't move now, I don't see them using him for the rest of the season unless we're in dire straits.

More a matter of when, not if. And in that regard. He's already got 80% of him out of the door. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What you do if there is vile abuse is to highlight it for what it is and try and bring the discussion to a more civil level. That's what I try to do and it can work. Otherwise there is a continual diatribe of polar opposite views being spouted from either side.

You think the multiple pages on Cantwell indicate this? Really? Several people called for others to lay off the abuse to no effect whatsoever. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's been p*ss poor from everyone's point of view and how much is down to the player himself no-one really knows, but what we do know is that he hasn't played enough - and that has not been good enough, given the abilty we know he has.

And that is exactly my point. No one knows what has caused the problems for Cantwell and his loss of form, yet there are many on here confidently slagging him off for things for which they have no evidence. I have heard so many "insider" stories that are clearly nothing more than muckraking speculation that one has to wonder at the motives of those who spread them, and those who repeat them. For all anyone knows he has serious mental health issues (e.g. clinical depression) that might explain his loss of form. Until (if at all) there is clear evidence that explains what happened it would serve the best interests of all involved to keep quiet and move on. The club have clearly taken that approach and supporters would do well to follow their lead. If I was a young player contemplating a move to Norwich I would hardly be encouraged to come if I read the sort of abuse Cantwell has received.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You think the multiple pages on Cantwell indicate this? Really? Several people called for others to lay off the abuse to no effect whatsoever. 

And that is exactly my point. No one knows what has caused the problems for Cantwell and his loss of form, yet there are many on here confidently slagging him off for things for which they have no evidence. I have heard so many "insider" stories that are clearly nothing more than muckraking speculation that one has to wonder at the motives of those who spread them, and those who repeat them. For all anyone knows he has serious mental health issues (e.g. clinical depression) that might explain his loss of form. Until (if at all) there is clear evidence that explains what happened it would serve the best interests of all involved to keep quiet and move on. The club have clearly taken that approach and supporters would do well to follow their lead. If I was a young player contemplating a move to Norwich I would hardly be encouraged to come if I read the sort of abuse Cantwell has received.

What we do know is he has had four chances under four different managers and none of them want him....

Just now, CDMullins said:

What we do know is he has had four chances under four different managers and none of them want him....

A good example of what I have talked about. Simply false. 

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And there you go again, apparently trying to silence everyone from talking about it because there are abusers  around - but many good people are just wanting to know a bit more about what has been going on with a high profile player. Anyhow, you don't stop abuse by stopping debate, you stop abuse by calling it out and bringing the debate to a more reasonable discussion.

It's getting to the point in society where people are saying ......ooh you mustn't talk about this or that subject, it causes abuse - or in another way of looking at it is that you musn't have reasoned debate or express an opinion because it might be taken the wrong way by someone.

Snowflake culture strikes again.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

A good example of what I have talked about. Simply false. 

I love how you rubbish everyone else's theory/story, then make up your own mental health angle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

And there you go again, apparently trying to silence everyone from talking about it because there are abusers  around - but many good people are just wanting to know a bit more about what has been going on with a high profile player.

And there you go again with your patronising guff about "many good people are just wanting to know...". Good people aren't going to learn a single thing about what went on regarding Cantwell by trading unsubstantiated gossip on a social media site. I am absolutely not trying to silence anyone, merely making the very obvious point that until some genuine evidence actually arises everyone one would be best served to keep silent rather than fuel abusive speculation.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's getting to the point in society where people are saying ......ooh you mustn't talk about this or that subject, it causes abuse - or in another way of looking at it is that you musn't have reasoned debate or express an opinion because it might be taken the wrong way by someone.

Snowflake culture strikes again. Stop the abusers, don't stop the debate.

Hahaha! Stewart Lee would have a field day. A genuine debate requires evidence and fact about which one can reason. The whole point about criticising the abuse Cantwell has received is that it is founded on speculation and NOT evidence and fact. The true snowflake is the person who can't stomach that they might be pulled up for not having evidence for their opinion. If genuine evidence arises regarding the explanation for what caused Cantwell's decline then debate can properly happen, until that evidence arises it can't.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I love how you rubbish everyone else's theory/story, then make up your own mental health angle.

Oh dear! I didn't make anything up at all, and absolutely didn't say that Cantwell has a mental health problem. I merely pointed out that if one is to consider speculation as providing evidence then one could equally speculate that the cause of Cantwell's problems are mental health issues. Clearly you didn't get the point I was making that speculation is precisely that, SPECULATION. Speculation doesn't constitute evidence, hence my suggestion that people are better off remaining silent until actual EVIDENCE arises (if it does) before they resort to abuse of player for something which may be entirely false. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

And there you go again with your patronising guff about "many good people are just wanting to know...". Good people aren't going to learn a single thing about what went on regarding Cantwell by trading unsubstantiated gossip on a social media site. I am absolutely not trying to silence anyone, merely making the very obvious point that until some genuine evidence actually arises everyone one would be best served to keep silent rather than fuel abusive speculation.

Hahaha! Stewart Lee would have a field day. A genuine debate requires evidence and fact about which one can reason. The whole point about criticising the abuse Cantwell has received is that it is founded on speculation and NOT evidence and fact. The true snowflake is the person who can't stomach that they might be pulled up for not having evidence for their opinion. If genuine evidence arises regarding the explanation for what caused Cantwell's decline then debate can properly happen, until that evidence arises it can't.

Goodness, talk about taking stuff too literally......genuine debate in this case means people discussing the issue - this isn't Oxford University..............

And I repeat you don't stop abusers by stopping debate....ok...discussion.....you stop abusers by removing them, whether it's on here, FB, Twatter, or anywhere else - you take their ball away so they can't play.  This is where social media sites have to be more pro-active - not by removing the ability to discuss things, but by removing those who abuse the privilege they have to have been given a voice.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Goodness, talk about taking stuff too literally......genuine debate in this case means people discussing the issue - this isn't Oxford University..............

And I repeat you don't stop abusers by stopping debate....ok...discussion.....you stop abusers by removing them, whether it's on here, FB, Twatter, or anywhere else - you take their ball away so they can't play.  This is where social media sites have to be more pro-active - not by removing the ability to discuss things, but by removing those who abuse the privilege they have to have been given a voice.

No need to add anything here, I'll let that stand as self-parody.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! I didn't make anything up at all, and absolutely didn't say that Cantwell has a mental health problem. I merely pointed out that if one is to consider speculation as providing evidence then one could equally speculate that the cause of Cantwell's problems are mental health issues. Clearly you didn't get the point I was making that speculation is precisely that, SPECULATION. Speculation doesn't constitute evidence, hence my suggestion that people are better off remaining silent until actual EVIDENCE arises (if it does) before they resort to abuse of player for something which may be entirely false. 

What I'm hearing is that your bemoaning everyone else's speculation,

Yet speculating yourself.

With no EVIDENCE.

10 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Rangers are a Scottish club. Our national anthem is "Flower of Scotland".

Anywho.

The Manchester United analogy is a good one. They god rid of Pogba and Lingard, all of a sudden there's no news leaks, there's a new found harmony and they're in the title hunt.

Yes, ten Hag has obviously played a massive part, but cutting those two pieces of cancer out really has made a difference.

Think you missed the biggest cancer of the lot out there, namely Ronaldo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

What I'm hearing is that your bemoaning everyone else's speculation,

Yet speculating yourself.

With no EVIDENCE.

Jesus! You really didn't get it. THAT WAS MY BLOODY POINT!!! speculation DOESN'T constitute evidence. 

Try reading it again and if you still don't get it there are books I can recommend.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

More love for rangers in one post than he's shown towards us for years🙃

Todd to do the Gascoigne flute celebration number after scoring his first Rangers goal? 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Jesus! You really didn't get it. THAT WAS MY BLOODY POINT!!! speculation DOESN'T constitute evidence. 

Try reading it again and if you still don't get it there are books I can recommend.

Please, the one that explains how the use of capital letters increases your arguments validity.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Please, the one that explains how the use of capital letters increases your arguments validity.

Apparently it helps with those who don't understand simple English sentences.

I wish him all the best but I have a horrible feeling this is going to be a disaster move for him.

I'd suggest he keeps a low profile, cuts the cryptic social media sh1t, get his head down and works hard.

I just hope we managed a sell on clause, as for him to walk out the door for next to nothing pisses me off somewhat.

38 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Speculation doesn't constitute evidence, hence my suggestion that people are better off remaining silent until actual EVIDENCE arises (if it does) before they resort to abuse of player for something which may be entirely false. 

People can speculate all they like - as long as they don't resort to abuse. Surely you would accept that? In the absence of any information that is all they can do - but apparently you don't want anyone to talk about him at all.......

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Rangers are a Scottish club. Our national anthem is "Flower of Scotland".

Anywho.

The Manchester United analogy is a good one. They god rid of Pogba and Lingard, all of a sudden there's no news leaks, there's a new found harmony and they're in the title hunt.

Yes, ten Hag has obviously played a massive part, but cutting those two pieces of cancer out really has made a difference.

I think that you would find that to have a national anthem somewhere needs to be a nation...

Should we call it your Provincial Sing-a-long instead? 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

I think that you would find that to have a national anthem somewhere needs to be a nation...

Should we call it your Provincial Sing-a-long instead? 😁

Whilst I agree with the statement (but don't agree with the mocking!), ironically, Scotland fits the definition of a country better than England does (but neither do), as Scotland has it's own Parliament and England does not.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Whilst I agree with the statement (but don't agree with the mocking!), ironically, Scotland fits the definition of a country better than England does (but neither do), as Scotland has it's own Parliament and England does not.

It was intended as a joke, there is also a lot more nationalistic pride amongst scots than English and the dictionary defintion of a nation doesn't actually necessitate the presence of a cohesive politcal structure or borders, but it's still fun to say such things to Jocks...