1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

How do you think you'll do against Rotherham, visit of a big team from the Champs getting people excited ?

Bought the latest club lie then and looking for a diversion?

So very familiar.

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Bought the latest club lie then and looking for a diversion?

So very familiar.

Unfortunately the same happy clappers who bought the dean smith was a great appointment have once again came out with the same enthusiasm without a jot of evidence that anything fundamental will change at the club 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I doubt it, LYB is in love with Smith……he’ll be hoping that Wagner fails to be able to say I told you so!😉

Just watched the new managers interview. Absolutely loved it and isn’t it great to hear ‘for sure’ repeated on a loop. This could be an appointment made in the nick of time to get the prize we are after. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately the same happy clappers who bought the dean smith was a great appointment have once again came out with the same enthusiasm without a jot of evidence that anything fundamental will change at the club 

Unfortunately unless something dramatic happens we are headed for obscurity. It suits the clappies to deflect genuine concern and the usual slur employed is Ipswich.

Genuinely excited for the new era, and hopefully he can craft something positive from the season.  I like the promise to work hard, and clarity that leads to success line.  I wonder who in the squad is a little nervous, I suspect Kenny, and Sargent were fist pumping, there will be a few I suspect aren’t perhaps so excited.

Edited by Newtopia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

No, in no way, I always want the club to be successful so if Dean Smith had that great, but I was against his appointment from day one and many others had reservations too, proven to be correct as he was inept and unconnected to this club in his 14 months.

Wagner is far more a fit, knows how to work in a club our size, works well with youth, understands the loan system and has history working with Webber. Lots more to be positive about.

• Like 1

Just now, Nora's Ghost said:

Unfortunately unless something dramatic happens we are headed for obscurity. It suits the clappies to deflect genuine concern and the usual slur employed is Ipswich.

The problems at the club run far far deeper than a new head coach 

the biggest issue is why do we keep spending such large sums of money of new players that are god awful 

the lack of money is another, the list goes on and on 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

the biggest issue is why do we keep spending such large sums of money of new players that are god awful 

Bert, I agree with you on the change required at top level, I’d love to see it this year, I don’t like two Couples running our club, it should be more dynamic and more accountable, it’s all too comfortable.

But Wagner is a very good appointment at this time, give him a chance, promotion might just accelerate the takeover.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

And, of course, you have a wealth of evidence that Wagner will fail. Perhaps you would like to share your sources. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

You're right.

The entire club hierarchy has lost it's way and the lives of those both on and off the pitch way too cosy.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Photo of me with one tab refreshing the norwich twitter page every second for the last 24 hours straight and another tab open with a thread ready to copy and paste a link to the news in

522x0

Wow,you're so much older than I imagined 😲

1 hour ago, ALBOWLLY said:

I think he's very fortunate to be given this opportunity. 

Warum? 

Impressed with his interview. Feels like the Smith book has truly been closed now and we can move forward. Looking forward to seeing what Wagner brings to the table but I'm feeling fairly positive about the outlook now.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And, of course, you have a wealth of evidence that Wagner will fail. Perhaps you would like to share your sources. 

Look at my past predictions I am incredibly accurate 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I see Andy Hughes has been appointed as a coach....the original pointer and clapper

One of our midfielders is going to be pleased...

I know Andy Hughes wasn’t the best player in the world, but he’s got a great attitude and was always giving his all on the pitch, sometimes the best coaches are those hard working players.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I see Andy Hughes has been appointed as a coach....the original pointer and clapper

One of our midfielders is going to be pleased...

Haha, is this the start of you having to come to terms with a FOURTH set of managers / coaches picking Kenny Mclean, and you still stubbornly claiming you're right and they're all wrong? 🙂

• Like 2

How very likeable.

He'll win the players over and get confidence back, imo.

Good football with a sound tactical conviction and all-round good football  knowledge.

I wasn't sure about him and would have preferred Robins or Dyche.

Happy  now though and think we'll make top six.

All is  not lost,

Hic!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately yet another example of the club lacking ambition.

we have a manager who has got us twice out of the premiership playing great football. Of course he wouldn’t be the obvious candidate to repeat it again

i will be proven right once again that this geezer will be no use, mark my words.

You’re wrong as usual, Farke only got us out of the Premiership once and I wouldn’t say that we were playing great football!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Haha, is this the start of you having to come to terms with a FOURTH set of managers / coaches picking Kenny Mclean, and you still stubbornly claiming you're right and they're all wrong? 🙂

Kiss goodbye to promotion if another manager is hoodwinked...hopefully Wagner can call in a favour or two from Liverpool and/or Germany in that department

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

At last, Bert wants to talk. I agree with the first two points. But this is a new coach.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately yet another example of the club lacking ambition.

we have a manager who has got us twice out of the premiership playing great football. Of course he wouldn’t be the obvious candidate to repeat it again

i will be proven right once again that this geezer will be no use, mark my words.

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / What Crisis? / Even Keel / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / Valley Canary / Lilo Lill / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary / The Bishop / Tiffani Banisters big city tips / Lord Nelson/ The Wise Shepherd / Victor Romanov / Wilfred Grimsdale / Canary Gigolo / Loyal Canary / Hull Canary / Mr Sausage / Punting Canary / The young canary / Glenn Medeiros / Jim the Canary / Barnes Wallis / Mr Cholmondley Warner / The Unsullied / Oliver Thorne / They call me the Chihauhau / Vanilla ice / Armitage Shanks / Canary Top Hat / Captain Birdseye / The Bin Slayer / Paston Canary / Norwich Market Canary / Chantelle the Canary / Jim the Canary / Tattoo / The Leatherman's Stag / Mad Steve / Punctured Bicycle on a hillside desolate / Zander / X Fools / Man 2 Man / The Shining / Chippy Minton / Windy MIller / The Phantom Raspberry Blower / Water Closet / The Susan Boyle Fan Club / Splat the Cat / Rick O'Shea / Mr Hudson / Ploppy son of Ploppy / The voice of reasoned debate / Jim Bell / King Charles / I ain't no hollaback girl / Las Ketchup / McCanary / River End Canary (2) / Atlantic Canary / Young Canary / M the Canary / Jobsworth Canary / Wonder canary / Fred Flintstone / Malham Canary / Uncle Fred / sick as a canary / Bert

I guess you were right occasionally. Law of averages would dictate you couldn't all be wrong 😂

RIP Lapps💛💚

We all miss you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

No, in no way, I always want the club to be successful so if Dean Smith had that great, but I was against his appointment from day one and many others had reservations too, proven to be correct as he was inept and unconnected to this club in his 14 months.

Wagner is far more a fit, knows how to work in a club our size, works well with youth, understands the loan system and has history working with Webber. Lots more to be positive about.

Hmmm - I was castigated last week for suggesting that some never backed Smith, turns out I was right. It didn’t work out with Smith, so that’s all water under the bridge.

Wagner does feel a good fit, so hopefully it’ll be the start of something good.  

34 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Kiss goodbye to promotion if another manager is hoodwinked...hopefully Wagner can call in a favour or two from Liverpool and/or Germany in that department

Yeah he really cost us...winning the title the past two times we were in this division 😅😅😅

I cant wait for you to still go on about how right you are when he picks McLean 😅😅😅😅

Let's just start playing the simple game called football. Yesterday is history , move on. Good luck 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / What Crisis? / Even Keel / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / Valley Canary / Lilo Lill / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary / The Bishop / Tiffani Banisters big city tips / Lord Nelson/ The Wise Shepherd / Victor Romanov / Wilfred Grimsdale / Canary Gigolo / Loyal Canary / Hull Canary / Mr Sausage / Punting Canary / The young canary / Glenn Medeiros / Jim the Canary / Barnes Wallis / Mr Cholmondley Warner / The Unsullied / Oliver Thorne / They call me the Chihauhau / Vanilla ice / Armitage Shanks / Canary Top Hat / Captain Birdseye / The Bin Slayer / Paston Canary / Norwich Market Canary / Chantelle the Canary / Jim the Canary / Tattoo / The Leatherman's Stag / Mad Steve / Punctured Bicycle on a hillside desolate / Zander / X Fools / Man 2 Man / The Shining / Chippy Minton / Windy MIller / The Phantom Raspberry Blower / Water Closet / The Susan Boyle Fan Club / Splat the Cat / Rick O'Shea / Mr Hudson / Ploppy son of Ploppy / The voice of reasoned debate / Jim Bell / King Charles / I ain't no hollaback girl / Las Ketchup / McCanary / River End Canary (2) / Atlantic Canary / Young Canary / M the Canary / Jobsworth Canary / Wonder canary / Fred Flintstone / Malham Canary / Uncle Fred / sick as a canary / Bert

I guess you were right occasionally. Law of averages would dictate you couldn't all be wrong 😂

RIP Lapps💛💚

We all miss you.

One thing we can all agree on that this place is much worse without our Lapps

• Like 5

I felt the parting of the ways with Dean Smith became a no-brainer and that the David Wagner appointment appears to be as good as we could hope for. My concerns looking ahead are not borne out of Wagner's ability but out of the task he has taken on. Bundesliga follower Dan O'Hagan defends Wagner's time at Schalke with the following words:  "

"It was a difficult time. The club was in flux off the field as well as on it. There was no money to bring in new players, the players that were brought in weren't really up to standard in the Bundesliga. Finances had all but dried up, it was a team in no way equipped to be competitive in that league".

Reading that, I guess Wagner will feel he has landed on familiar territory.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hmmm - I was castigated last week for suggesting that some never backed Smith, turns out I was right. It didn’t work out with Smith, so that’s all water under the bridge.

Wagner does feel a good fit, so hopefully it’ll be the start of something good.  

To suggest not backing is incorrect, as I pointed out I want success so of course I wanted smith to do well but doesn’t mean I thought his appointment was right for the club at that point! As it happened my concerns about Smith were correct!

Wagner fits the tight run club better, his interview in one feels far more in line with what the club and fans want, proof will be in the performances but it feels good and hopefully the players and fans can react positive.