Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Blackburn line up

Is anyone fussed about a cup run? Surely it needs to be 100% focus on the league. Having said that, a decent win would give the squad a boost ahead of Wagners first league game.

• Like 2

In a year when promotion is unlikely and relegation surely unthinkable (feel free to bookmark this...) we should be trying to enjoy the FA Cup, shouldn't we? And with a new coach at the helm a couple of extra games to try things out is a bonus.

Hope we put a strong team out. No idea what that looks like, though

• Like 3

Agreed Robert.

Or just treat it as something else to whine about.

Best thing that could happen would be Webber to say he doesn't care about it...

🙃

4-4-2 diamond

GK. Krul

LB. Giannoulis 

CB. Tomkinson

CB. Omo

RB. Aarons

DM. McLean

CM. Gibbs

CM. Cantwell

AM. Nunez

ST. Pukki

ST. Sargent

Krul, Tomkinson, AO, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Giannoulis and Hugill are my guesses who will be among those that start the game in front of a crowd unlikely to be above 15,000.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

4-4-2 diamond

GK. Krul

LB. Giannoulis 

CB. Tomkinson

CB. Omo

RB. Aarons

DM. McLean

CM. Gibbs

CM. Cantwell

AM. Nunez

ST. Pukki

ST. Sargent

Won't be the Lord Mayor. According to AR he's out for two weeks with ankle ligament injury.

I agree we should at least try and be competitive in this competition. A few extra games for Wagner to work his magic would also be useful.

That said I think for this round it's only fair to give some of the fringe players the opportunity to initially stake their claim for a place in Team Wagner.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Krul, Tomkinson, AO, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Giannoulis and Hugill are my guesses who will be among those that start the game in front of a crowd unlikely to be above 15,000.

Why not stick Idah and Hugill up top in a top two? Least then our endless croses might have a chance of hitting a head😂

• Like 2

My guess, and team assuming I am the new caretaker manager....... (I am willing to do it for free)

Krul

Hills Tomkinson Gibson Giannoulis 

McLean Nunez

Cantwell Dowell Sinani

Hugill

Subs 

Berry

Warner 

Reagan

Kamara

Omotoye

The rest can concentrate on being coaches by the new head coach.

Any result is fine

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

In Cantwell's case who cares ?

Use him to avoid anyone else getting injured.  Will he want to play, he must be looking for another contract and getting hurt now would be tricky, although he might prefer to be in the shop window.

Edited by Newtopia

Why do fans no longer care about the FA Cup? 

Tottenham and that penalty shoot out is only three years ago. Most people would class that as the season's highlight alongside Man City at home. A couple of years before that we had the game at Chelsea when Jamal scored in injury time. So the great FA Cup moments aren't all from days of yore.

• Like 6

I liked Farke's approach - give cup games everything, but If nothing else they give opportunities for game time for subsidiary or recovering players - and give the manager a view of those players to see who is ready to step up.

Having said that, for this game I'd have some of the first team regulars in there and put Sargent and Idah up front in a 442 and see if they work well together.  They are the future and they both need to kick on and a cup game is ideal for that.   

• Like 2

Just now, lake district canary said:

I liked Farke's approach - give cup games everything, but If nothing else they give opportunities for game time for subsidiary or recovering players - and give the manager a view of those players to see who is ready to step up.

Having said that, for this game I'd have some of the first team regulars in there and put Sargent and Idah up front in a 442 and see if they work well together.  They are the future and they both need to kick on and a cup game is ideal for that.   

With an intent to win the game and belief we can win the Cup.

• Like 2

I still love the cup. I don’t buy into all this “concentrate on the league thing”. Winning is a habit and we need to start winning.

I sometimes wonder if Norwich fans have it etched in their heads to fear a cup run ever since getting relegated after winning the Milk Cup. (I am correct arent I?) That’s was just an annoying coincidence. It is possible to be successful in both so why not I say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Why do fans no longer care about the FA Cup? 

Tottenham and that penalty shoot out is only three years ago. Most people would class that as the season's highlight alongside Man City at home. A couple of years before that we had the game at Chelsea when Jamal scored in injury time. So the great FA Cup moments aren't all from days of yore.

I think it's partly because clubs no longer seem to care about it-remember when we played Southampton away in a replay at this stage 6 years ago and made at least 6 changes from the previous league game?

But yes, I was at the two games you mentioned-and the game against Preston 3 seasons ago when Adam Idah scored 3, and the next round when Grant Hanley scored against Burnley to shut the home crowd up and they were all great matches to attend-in fact I think I've enjoyed FA cup games more than league games in recent seasons. So I'm hoping for a win on Sunday and then an away match in the North West for the next round. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Jordan Hugill should start. Feel Smith criminally under used him. There are definitely matches at this level where he can be utilised.  

There's very very few things I thought Dean Smith did right. 

This was one of them.

Hugill shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.

Krul

Aarons omo tomo Gianni

Mclean gibbs 

Nunez hernandez

Sargent idah

Switch in personnel and formation, go attacking give some fitness and minutes to players on the fringe

Edited by Ward 3

34 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

There's very very few things I thought Dean Smith did right. 

This was one of them.

Hugill shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.

He only cost £5m, absolute bargain. 

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Krul

Aarons omo tomo Gianni

Hayden gibbs 

Nunez hernandez

Sargent idah

Switch in personnel and formation, go attacking give some fitness and minutes to players on the fringe

Good line up, pleased to see Hayden is back so quick. 

• Haha 1

Scary isn’t it……Hugill £5 million, Tzolis £6millio, Rashica, £8 millio, Sargent £10 million, Nunez £6 million, Sara £8 million……all really not shown anything near the value, Sargent in parts the best of this lot. Should all be decent at this level.