Branston Pickle

Wagner to be announced?

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So we writing this season off already then?  Far as i'm aware we're still hunting promotion and playoffs very much achievable this season with the players we have and a manager who seemingly suits many of the aforementioned assets.

What happens 6 months from now is entirely dependent on interim period, so pointless even worrying about what ifs.  Let's get behind the new guy, the players and bring back the never say die at Carrow Road attitude.  **** yeah!

Can't you see? TvB and co don't want success. They want to catalyse histrionics and drama to bolster their own egos.

Wagner's not even appointed yet and already you can see the drip drip building up to "'e's not right for are club."

24 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So we writing this season off already then?  Far as i'm aware we're still hunting promotion and playoffs very much achievable this season with the players we have and a manager who seemingly suits many of the aforementioned assets.

What happens 6 months from now is entirely dependent on interim period, so pointless even worrying about what ifs.  Let's get behind the new guy, the players and bring back the never say die at Carrow Road attitude.  **** yeah!

Come on, this year's ship has sailed. Let's start re-fitting the Carra as the Good Ship Wagner, looking to get on board with full complement next August.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is not an obviously bad choice. It would be interesting to know who were the other two on the shortlist,

I think a muted response is probably about right.

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Can't you see? TvB and co don't want success. They want to catalyse histrionics and drama to bolster their own egos.

Wagner's not even appointed yet and already you can see the drip drip building up to "'e's not right for are club."

I still can't work out if your as dumb as a slab of concrete or a genius skilled troll.

Either way your hilarious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well as Skippy used to say...."It's the hop that kills you".....

But there were quite a few Skippys. Which one was it?

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What I really want to know is there any pictures of him on a horse? 

I believe the plan is for him to enter the CR pitch on horse to the "Ride of the Valkyries"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Wagner on a horse 😂

Wouldn't this sort of horse have been more appropriate? 'I'm thinking Great Escape here  ........

Traditional Wooden Gymnastic Vaulting Box | Fitness Sports

Edited by ron obvious

20 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Wouldn't this sort of horse have been more appropriate? 'I'm thinking Great Escape here  ........

Isn't that next year's model when we are battling relegation in the EPL next season? 😉😂

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Isn't that next year's model when we are battling relegation in the EPL next season? 😉😂

I think some on here would find it appropriate for this year 😁

Is there going to be funds for Wagner to spend on players- you can do alot with £150 pounds . plus  some marks and spencer gift tokens LOL

Reading the German press all the news is prefaced with "according to media reports", i. e. Sports1. So all the current noise seems to be based on one journalist. Whether he or she is simply making an educated guess to grab the headlines, we don't know. But whether it's Wagner or not, I suspect so.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Come on, this year's ship has sailed. Let's start re-fitting the Carra as the Good Ship Wagner, looking to get on board with full complement next August.

We've been absolutely **** poor and still only 3pts from playoffs.  I've never known a playoff spot to look so achievable, I can't see how we miss out if i'm honest.

Beating a team like Watford in the playoffs, however, now that does concern me.

Maybe i'm the ever optimist or something, but I just see this squad needing some structure and confidence to their play and we'll back on routine wins.

....Now, where's that scotch gone? **** me! Look at that mirror over there, who knew I was so slim and incredibly handsome, too -hiccup-. 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

Rather than the old "has he gone yet?" the current situation is now getting to be "has he arrived yet?"

I assume that the media boys are rushing around filming him at Colney, before releasing the formal video announcement. Full of comments about how Colney is so much better than anywhere else he has worked, how great the squad is and how he can't wait to get started, how it is important to get the fans onside with his project, perhaps even throw in a couple of topics he needs to address too! 

Anyway, 8 hours and counting since the Pink'un and others called it. Wassthahurldurp? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Rather than the old "has he gone yet?" the current situation is now getting to be "has he arrived yet?"

I assume that the media boys are rushing around filming him at Colney, before releasing the formal video announcement. Full of comments about how Colney is so much better than anywhere else he has worked, how great the squad is and how he can't wait to get started, how it is important to get the fans onside with his project, perhaps even throw in a couple of topics he needs to address too! 

Anyway, 8 hours and counting since the Pink'un and others called it. Wassthahurldurp? 

Yep , SKy kept your secret to be announced maybe Friday. 😉 Poor Stu, everybody seems to be one step ahead of you. I would sack someone for leaking this exclusively secret news.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Do we take off levels of difficulty based on the league we are playing in? 

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I still can't work out if your as dumb as a slab of concrete or a genius skilled troll.

I think it's an 11 year old girl.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good appointment. Is he better than Farke? Time will tell, but if he is not as good, or significantly worse, then the folly of sacking Farke for one dismal failure for then another, would take on new levels of idiocy......but he should be significantly better than Smith was, at least.

I would settle for him being better than Alex Neil.

Promotion in the play offs and Premier League survival. 

5 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Oo oo I know the answer 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Well the consensus on here was that we were the best squad in the division being hamstrung by a hapless manager. Now, just 7 days after the hapless one was sacked, the players aren't good enough after all.

It's a rare old pickle...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well the consensus on here was that we were the best squad in the division being hamstrung by a hapless manager. Now, just 7 days after the hapless one was sacked, the players aren't good enough after all.

Was thinking this earlier 😅😅

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Strange, isn’t it….

23 hours ago, Indy said:

Absolutely, to compare the two seasons is totally wrong, Smith also had 6 months in the premiership to assess and implement a system through the summer, we looked devoid of any system, Smith wasn’t committed to the club and we’re now in a mess, but we do have a decent squad and with the right manager / coach we could still turn this season into a promotion.

Wagner is certainly a decent coach for our club, we’re not attractive to the likes of Knutsen, Parker, Gerrard  etc. we’re not a premiership club with money to burn, we’re going to have to do it on a budget, Wagner certainly has a history of getting promoted on a budget and staying up, a little like Lambert with us. So I’m pleased he’s coming in, I’d have liked Robbins with his connection and style of football on tough budgets, but I doubt he’d move from Covvy at the moment as they are now looking into transitioning into possibly the next Brighton or Bournemouth.

We shall see but I’m more upbeat with Wagner than I ever was with Smith, it just never seamed right, more a rebound to get someone in off sacking Farke.

Firstly, there were lots of common variables that make comparison far more valid than many comparisons between seasons I've seen on here over time. Secondly, if there was anything of value Smith could have obtained from how our squad performed in the premier League, Farke's approach in the championship wouldn't have fallen to bits in the Premier League; the challenges of the two leagues are completely different.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 1

Wagner has not even been officially presented as NCFC Head Coach and already the comparisons with Farke and Dean Smith have started. The whole idea of a new Coach is a new start, a new direction and a new impetus. Perhaps the carping ought to stop until we actually see what Webber’s’ chum can do.

7 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Wagner has not even been officially presented as NCFC Head Coach and already the comparisons with Farke and Dean Smith have started. The whole idea of a new Coach is a new start, a new direction and a new impetus. Perhaps the carping ought to stop until we actually see what Webber’s’ chum can do.

How many times are you going to go round the round-about before realising you have lost your way?

The club is heading for obscurity and a worn out pal of fellow chancer Webber is not the answer.

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

How many times are you going to go round the round-about before realising you have lost your way?

The club is heading for obscurity and a worn out pal of fellow chancer Webber is not the answer.

Right wing nut job Nora's Ghost here calling for Webber to be cancelled. 

What was that you said about cowardice, Batty Nora? Come on remind us.

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

Club's fault by not just having a simple old school announcement in front of the players tunnel with a borrowed scarf like in the old days. By going for the glossy mixed media presentation, they have created a vacuum where overactive minds have time and space to think too deeply. Do it cheap, do it quick, get on with the core work!

It might be that he hasn’t even arrived in the city until today?  All the details can be done elsewhere, but there’s no point having announcements without the guy there to interview.  

I'm definitely not writing this season off - football is a funny old game. 

The auto ship has most likely sailed but seriously finishing 6th shouldn't be beyond us.

I suspect DS had a poisoned chalice (in far too many fans views simply because he wasn't DF) and a far poorer set of players than many believed with many trying to get away or past their best before dates.

Wagner in my book gets a clean start without any hyped expectation this season - he can let the players play with freedom and bring on the rising stars.

Onwards and now, upwards.

• Like 1