Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Isaac Hayden injury update

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Nice that some people took the time to read his tweet.

#benice

Feel for him and any player who struggles to do their job due to persistent injuries. The frustrating thing is that a fit and in firm Hayden is exactly end day we need and have needed for a while. Hope the surgery does the trick. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Obviously it's not his fault he's injured, but if what he's saying is true, why the hell didn't they book this surgery in for the day after the Middlesbrough game, when we had a four-week break coming up?

Thats an excelllent point, yet again another c@ck up from the club.

Really desperate time for the player with the knee injury clearly never healing up 100% to withstand the rigours of professional football. Would explain the recent fall off in his performances after an outstanding display at Rotherham. Surprised if he plays much more this season to be honest as we / he HAS to get this right for his own future. We should all wish him a thorough and speedy recovery.     

We have our own Adam Idah coming from back from serious injury so be nice to him as well. I'm all for cutting a bit of slack to injured players but let's do it to one of our own as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

We have signed two crocks as a gamble because we can’t afford a fit one who is at the right level. That is the sad truth 

Time to sign a couple of young CDMs not yet at the level and develop them properly!   Give them opportunity …. Stoppers will always do a job for you!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Obviously it's not his fault he's injured, but if what he's saying is true, why the hell didn't they book this surgery in for the day after the Middlesbrough game, when we had a four-week break coming up?

Unless he and his medical team are stupid, it’s probably because they thought there was a good chance it wouldn’t be necessary. Turns out they were wrong, but an infallible ability to see into the future isn’t a prerequisite to work for the club despite what some posters would like.

30 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Unless he and his medical team are stupid, it’s probably because they thought there was a good chance it wouldn’t be necessary. Turns out they were wrong, but an infallible ability to see into the future isn’t a prerequisite to work for the club despite what some posters would like.

I'm not a medical expert, but if he's having to get his knee drained every three days and is unable to train more than twice a week to prevent his knee swelling up, it hints that surgery will be inevitable sooner rather later. 

I get that maybe they hoped four weeks of rest would resolve it, but presumably that was more hope than expectation.

The one thing we need to learn from Jarvis & Byram that we shouldn’t risk turning this into a permanent signing, at 27 he’s not going to get over a long term injury like this quickly. We really need to shift him back to Newcastle and get two loans sorted in January!

Sad for Hayden decent enough player but not our problem.

• Like 1

I feel for him but this was exactly why people were questioning his signing at the time and as the season went on.

It isn't his fault he's injured. It is our fault we signed a player recovering from a serious knee injury who hadn't kicked a ball in 6 months for probably the biggest weak point in our squad.

• Like 2

Go buy a washing machine from a shop.   when it doesn't work when you plug it in they come out and a fix it.  After a while when it still keeps breaking down they need to give you your money back!!!!!  Its consumer law.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know that the club, or Newcastle, will be paying the creme de la creme of private surgeons for operations like this, but that doesn't mean there are no waiting lists at all and you can just pick any time and day for surgery, I'm assuming they don't sit around waiting for calls today to see if they have work next Tuesday. More people than ever are using their savings to go private due to NHS waiting lists, so I'd assume that they are all pretty damn busy right now.

Just had a little google and Spire (a popular private provider) are currently quoting a waiting time of 3-4 weeks for knee surgery 

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-harpenden-hospital/patient-information/private-procedure-waiting-times/

Also, he isn't our player, would it even be us booking this in? Wouldn't it be Newcastle? We can't go messing around with the knees of other clubs players can we?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

38 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not a medical expert, but if he's having to get his knee drained every three days and is unable to train more than twice a week to prevent his knee swelling up, it hints that surgery will be inevitable sooner rather later. 

I get that maybe they hoped four weeks of rest would resolve it, but presumably that was more hope than expectation.

As a medical expert I would tend to agree

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that the club, or Newcastle, will be paying the creme de la creme of private surgeons for operations like this, but that doesn't mean there are no waiting lists at all and you can just pick any time and day for surgery, I'm assuming they don't sit around waiting for calls today to see if they have work next Tuesday. More people than ever are using their savings to go private due to NHS waiting lists, so I'd assume that they are all pretty damn busy right now.

Spire (a popular private provider) are currently quoting a waiting time of 3-4 weeks for knee surgery 

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-harpenden-hospital/patient-information/private-procedure-waiting-times/

A lot of top clubs, both in England and abroad, use top surgeons from all over Europe, or even the world, to get the job done. They're not just limited to their own country, so I'm sure there would've been an elite clinic somewhere available had Norwich and/or Newcastle wanted to get it done.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

A lot of top clubs, both in England and abroad, use top surgeons from all over Europe, or even the world, to get the job done. They're not just limited to their own country, so I'm sure there would've been an elite clinic somewhere available had Norwich and/or Newcastle wanted to get it done.

I edited my post to add this bit:

"Also, he isn't our player, would it even be us booking this in? Wouldn't it be Newcastle? We can't go messing around with the knees of other clubs players can we?"

This is another drawback to borrowing other teams players.