Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Official Lapps match thread - Watford

Although there was nothing much wrong with the Gibbs tackle it would make sense to get him off at half time. He's an accident waiting to happen 

• Like 1

Really disappointing to go from the Champagne football we played under Farke to this. 

Disjointed, with no playing pattern. 

Just now, Michael Starr said:

I think this proves that the issues are not just coaching based but player based also. Some of these players look shot.

I'd say some clearly don't want to be there . 

It is painful to watch.

There can’t be many worse teams in the Championship right now.

The reality is we have a poor squad. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. You can't compare it to the Farke Champs winning squads, we had better players and more importantly, a better manager and coaching staff.

We will be nowhere near promotion this season, I can see a 12th place finish at this rate.

• Like 1

Another desperately poor half. I think we just have to accept that this is nowhere near "the best squad/team in the Championship" cant even blame Smith for that now, bereft of confidence and ability to do the basic things well. Watford despite all their injuries look way more threatening.

Just now, unique said:

It is painful to watch.

There can’t be many worse teams in the Championship right now.

Rather than worrying about not finishing in the top 6 we should be concentrating on not being in the bottom 3

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn’t think we’ve been too bad, we’re missing someone to play that killer ball. But there’s been some promise coming forwards. 

Nunez has had a few chances to play a buendia style pass through to Pukki and has nearly always chosen the wrong option. I’m sure he was making those passes earlier in the season.

We are looking very shaky at the back though, Gibson is an absolutely bus isn’t he?

Watfords C team with 11 players injured and centrebacks playing in the middle and they are tearing us open.

Clearly it's all dean smiths fault we are bad huh?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Absolutely nothing in the middle of the park, no-one showing for the ball.

Sara's barely touched the ball. Trouble is, no-one on the bench to change things either....

I did say the problem was quality at the start of the season!    We are way off what the expectation is!!!!!     Time to reassess your expectations if it’s promotion!    Applies to the club as well as the fans….. if Webber is interviewing and the brief is promotion the the candidates have an impossible task…. If they achieve promotion, then his job becomes a definite impossible task!    

Edited by ged in the onion bag

How many more South Americans has Webber got to sign before he finds another Emi because the latest two are a long way off.

It's football, but not as we know it.

Playing three strikers and no shots on target suggests the team set up might be wrong.

Nunez isolated so being given too much to do, Sara ok, but these players need more help.  Sargent is back to looking inept again, Idah is looking bright, but the three of them up front is not working. Better one of them and a bit more in midfield providing a bit of quality.

The way it's going Watford will win this comfortably - changes needed at half time.

Need a proper manager and soon.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Although there was nothing much wrong with the Gibbs tackle it would make sense to get him off at half time. He's an accident waiting to happen 

Unfortunately he’s also probably been our best player. 

• Like 1

We look unfit uninterested and unsure of what we are trying to do. 
Too many times we have 2 players in the same square yard getting in each others way. 
New manager cannot be here quick enough. 

Don't need new coach/manager need miracle worker.  Webbers next project

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If it wasn't for Gibbs and Idah, nobody else would have contributed so far.

Gunn hasn't done anything wrong. McCallum has done OK to imo, would just like him to take on Ngakia, with him being on a yellow from the third minute.

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Bad as the play is sounding it should be enjoyed to be watching Pukki while he is still here.

Falling over most of the time.