Wibble

Has he gone yet ????

Surely has to be today doesn't it ????

If its not today are we right to assume its going to just be ignored and we will soldier on with this unattractive and unsuccessful brand of football ?

Or would be sacking the manager be seen, and rightly so, as another mistake and a case of the club pi33ing its money up the wall by our dear Mountaineer. And so the manager stays.

I find the situation a bit odd, if he was going he'd have gone by now surely. I assume he'll be in charge for Luton

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

The full throated revolt by the natives on Saturday took me by surpise I will admit and it will have taken Wy

Webber and the Stowmarket Two similarly off guard. Very much doubt Webber has done any preliminary planning for another managerial change so there will be soundings and meetings taking place since Saturday night. I doubt any action will be taken before Luton. Lose that and play badly and especially if travelling Yellows express displeasure again then the 'gaffer' may be requested to fall on his sword.

If only there had been a long break where we could approach and appoint a new manager and still with enough time to come in and work with / assess the squad. That may have been a good time to sack him. If only.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Just now, All the Germans said:

If only there had been a long break where we could approach and appoint a new manager and still with enough time to come in and work with / assess the squad. That may have been a good time to sack him. If only.

A huge opportunity missed.

11 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Exactly, the whole thing stinks of someone not willing to admit they are wrong and stubbornly staggering on.

Win, lose or draw the next match, after the fans have spoken and the manager comments, surely there’s no way back. The DOF experiment really has not worked for us, maybe if we had a slightly more competent and less arrogant DOF it would of worked, but it hasn’t and it wont.

The comments of the club pi33ing money up the wall has surely come back to haunt him now, I have never seen such opportunities come and be wasted as we have done in the last three years.

Player purchases - Failure

Manager Appointment - Failure

Style of play - Failure

Player Progession - Failure

Increase in Player values - Failure

Any CEO or Director of any company would have been shown the door.

Its time to bite the bullett, get rid of DOF and Manager and coaching staff - Start again. Whats the point in waiting, if by some miracle we did get promoted, I for one would not like to watch any match of next season !

Edited by Wibble
  • Like 3

I have a feeling the club are so oblivious to the swell of anti smith sentiment that they will let it linger on much like they did with Worthy and much like they did with Roeder and much like they did with Hughton. 

What I do find remarkable is that Farke was dismissed hours after an away win yet this bloke gets to meander from loss to loss with no sign of boardroom discomfort. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Exactly, the whole thing stinks of someone not willing to admit they are wrong and stubbornly staggering on.

Win, lose or draw the next match, after the fans have spoken and the manager comments, surely there’s no way back. The DOF experiment really has not worked for us, maybe if we had a slightly more competent and less arrogant DOF it would of worked, but it hasn’t and it wont.

The comments of the club pi33ing money up the wall has surely come back to haunt him now, I have never seen such opportunities come and be wasted as we have done in the last three years.

Player purchases - Failure

Manager Appointment - Failure

Style of play - Failure

Player Progession - Failure

Increase in Player values - Failure

Any CEO or Director of any company would have been shown the door.

Its time to bite the bullett, get rid of DOF and Manager and coaching staff - Start again. Whats the point in waiting, if by some miracle we did get promoted, I for one would not like to watch any match of next season !

I'm sorry but I disagree about the DOF. I think a DOF has worked. Webber definitely has negatives but compare the squad, the infrastructure, the level we have played at and the style of football before Webber against the last 4/5 years since he has been here. There is simply no comparison, he has us now in a massively better position than when he joined. No contest. How much of that was down to luck that Farke was awesome is up for debate, but I'm not fond of putting everything good down to luck and everything bad down to him.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

This. If he was to be sacked he would have gone over the world Cup break. Hes here until the end of the season.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. If he was to be sacked he would have gone over the world Cup break. Hes here until the end of the season.

I don't agree. Once the home fans turn, vocally, there's never long left.

• Like 2

Club clearly hoping he can scrape an away win at Luton so they can justify clinging on so they don't have to pay him off.

They are broke and haven't budgeted for a dismissal. 

That is surely the one reason he's lasted this long.

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Club clearly hoping he can scrape an away win at Luton so they can justify clinging on so they don't have to pay him off.

Pure guesswork. I'd suggest that maybe they hope he wins a game as it puts us closer to promotion. The money related to promotion makes compensation pale into insignificance.

If they keep him (they almost certainly won't, as hogesar says, the fans have turned, that's the end) they probably either think he is capable of getting us promoted or they believe that no realistic options are available that would. They are the only sensible reasons.

Edited by All the Germans

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'd suggest that maybe they hope he wins a game as it puts us closer to promotion.

We're falling further and further away from promotion, we're 16th in the form table.

Sheffield United play their game in hand this evening against the team in 23rd.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We're falling further and further away from promotion, we're 16th in the form table.

Sheffield United play their game in hand this evening against the team in 23rd.

Yes, they should sack him. We have established that already. I'm not sure how that backs up your guesswork that they hope he wins a game so they can justify keeping him?

Just now, All the Germans said:

Yes, they should sack him. We have established that already. I'm not sure how that backs up your guesswork that they hope he wins a game so they can justify keeping him?

Your post was just as much guesswork as mine.

I hope we are both wrong and he's sacked before Luton.

41 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair a win at Luton would be likely as our away form is pretty good, W5 D2 L2 in our last 9 games

Edited by Well b back

52 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I have a feeling the club are so oblivious to the swell of anti smith sentiment that they will let it linger on much like they did with Worthy and much like they did with Roeder and much like they did with Hughton. 

Are you that surprised? There were still people arguing til they were blue in the face on here that he still had most of the paying fans on board right up until the second half versus Blackburn.

It's just bizarre, get rid of Farke when there was still a fair chunk of goodwill with some of the supporters and after a win, keep Smith when everyone wants him gone and an abject home defeat.

Webber has completely lost the plot. Too much time spent where the air is thin has damaged his brain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To be fair a win at Luton would be likely as our away form is pretty good, W5 D2 L2 in our last 9 games

Lost our last two games away at Luton 3-1 though didn't we, under Farke, and they beat us at Carrow Road earlier in the season.

Its a hard place to play Kenilworth Road, compact little ground and passionate home fans, and they've only lost 2 games at home this season (out of 11).

Their form has tailed off since losing Jones though so who knows.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

35 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm sorry but I disagree about the DOF. I think a DOF has worked. Webber definitely has negatives but compare the squad, the infrastructure, the level we have played at and the style of football before Webber against the last 4/5 years since he has been here. There is simply no comparison, he has us now in a massively better position than when he joined. No contest. How much of that was down to luck that Farke was awesome is up for debate, but I'm not fond of putting everything good down to luck and everything bad down to him.

Agree to a point, especially the financial side of things at this moment in time, but the present outlook makes it seem that it could change drastically and quickly over the next 12-18 months. We are nailed on to finish around mid table this season, as for squad well...on paper there is no comparison but out on the pitch its been dour with no excitement at all. A squad on decent wages, even for the Champs but playing such boring and dire football...so attendances down, fanbase very vociferous  about their feelings,  no Premier pots of gold coming our way in all likelihood etc etc...and no real knowledge as yet what will happen with the Attanasio side of things.

Admittedly its never easy for a club like ours to change a manager / head coach and his baggage without it costing  money that could have been put to use elsewhere and just looking at it right now we are top 6...but Saturday should have told the owners / board etc how the fanbase are feeling and its the fans who are the clubs lifeblood. Under Dean Smith we are headed for mid table mediocrity season after season, dwindling attendances,  lethargic entertainment and for the club financially much more purse tightening. Im sure SW wanting to boot a guy only 13 months into the job is far from his ideal but it lays on him to do it...he did it with DF who had a general warmth and rapport with fans...and Dean Smith has none of that.

They won't sack him just before Xmas

If you look at the timeline of Farke's sacking (according to Michael Bailey), he lost to Leeds on the Sunday.

Webber mulled over the decision and decided to tell the board that that was his recommendation on the Thursday

The board met on the Saturday morning (the day of the Brentford game) and agreed to sack him that day

So I imagine they'll be making a decision this week and if he's sacked it'll be just after Christmas 

• Like 1

I'm not even bothered about DS or the style of football we are playing, its a given of when, not if, DS is sent packing.

Webber has to go, it’s funny how the bloke openly sla'gs off "his predecessors" yet is doing a much worse job on all fronts.  With exception of Buendia, not one credible signing. Appalling timing of Farke sacking. Openly slating the fans for “giving up”. Ostracising and barring local media as they hold a different opinion and are not allowed to criticize his regime. Need I go on, the club has gone backwards massively under his tenure.

Until the Board is willing to listen to the fans, and invest in the club rather than this "self-funding business" cra'p, watch the attendances continue to dwindle.

Edited by TheRock

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Errrm...Pukki?

Stiepermann, Zimmerman. Krul, Vrancic, ect. His record when he arrived was pretty prolific. Something went wrong afterwards though. I can’t remember the last good signing 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Are you that surprised? There were still people arguing til they were blue in the face on here that he still had most of the paying fans on board right up until the second half versus Blackburn.

It's just bizarre, get rid of Farke when there was still a fair chunk of goodwill with some of the supporters and after a win, keep Smith when everyone wants him gone and an abject home defeat.

Webber has completely lost the plot. Too much time spent where the air is thin has damaged his brain.

No I’m not surprised one bit to be honest.