Wibble

Has he gone yet ????

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. If he was to be sacked he would have gone over the world Cup break. Hes here until the end of the season.

You obviously didn't go or hear the atmosphere in the ground Saturday. He's a 'dead duck', it's just a matter of how much punishment Webber and the BOD want him to take and how many empty seats they want to see.

With all our games being broadcast on TV we can wash our dirty linen in public as well.

For all concerned the sooner he goes the better.

I hope Webber has some other manager lined up, and I hope more that he isn’t still planning on a continuity appointment, which he clearly didn’t have for Farke. I get that Farkeball was arguably ineffective at PL level so that justified a ‘pragmatic’ approach/change, but Smith has proved neither effective nor particularly pragmatic, we are not exactly hard to beat and surely pragmatic approaches will intend for this to be the case. If we are not keeping out chsmpionship level attackers then PL teams will have a field day under Smith. 
Tricky balance to strike, but ultimately as others have said, winning games is king. If Smith showed he was capable of winning without that huge charmed life he has had thus far then he’d still have more time, but tbh the football being so poor turned me off already. 

Someone coming in to just create energy and combative football would get the ball rolling to getting fans on side. Fans backing a team at home make the players want to have that dose of cheer, which raises their game. Smiths game plan starves us of this and the players will hate it. I truly hope we roll the dice. It’s probably too late for autos but it’s not out of the question that we become feared and take the fans on a journey that sets us up for a push for playoffs or at least push for a campaign next season. 

OTBC 

(Oust that Brummie Chap) 

Ps: replace ‘chap’ however you wish depending on your level of ire) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Club clearly hoping he can scrape an away win at Luton so they can justify clinging on so they don't have to pay him off.

They are broke and haven't budgeted for a dismissal. 

That is surely the one reason he's lasted this long.

This, sadly, IMHO...

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I'm sorry but I disagree about the DOF. I think a DOF has worked. Webber definitely has negatives but compare the squad, the infrastructure, the level we have played at and the style of football before Webber against the last 4/5 years since he has been here. There is simply no comparison, he has us now in a massively better position than when he joined. No contest. How much of that was down to luck that Farke was awesome is up for debate, but I'm not fond of putting everything good down to luck and everything bad down to him.

No, fair point indeed. Massively though, Im not so sure - I would imagine that a great deal of the background things such as training ground and Colney may well have taken place anyway - But I do get your point.

The trouble is, no matter how well you did two or three years ago, we all know in Football you are judged on this season. And apart from Pukki, Krul and Beundia - I see nothing but wastfulness in recent times.

Every single fan, pundit and journo said we will need to replace Skipp - And we are still saying it now, now either thats an inability to see what is important or an inability to provide whats important - either way that a failure in my book.

If you want to be Billy Big Balls and be a DOF where everything goes through you, then you also have to have the ability to perform such tasks - With great power comes great responsibility.

But i do get your point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wibble said:

No, fair point indeed. Massively though, Im not so sure - I would imagine that a great deal of the background things such as training ground and Colney may well have taken place anyway - But I do get your point.

If you go back to the last set of accounts published before McNally lost his head on Twitter (as I did a month ago), you will see that plans for Colney were already fully formed. Ward had been responsible for sorting that with McNally. And lo, Webber arrived for his interview fully briefed by his wife on what to say in front of Smith & Jones to look like he knew what he was doing. You couldn't make it up ...

• Like 1

I am truly staggered he is still at the club it just shows how badly things behind the scene are and little sign of them getting better

would you have confidence that they would pick the right man this time??? 

Since it's looking more and more like nothing will happen this week and the club seems determined to scrap it out with the fans, this is becoming a matter of getting our club back, even if this means sacrificing any hope of promotion this season. We have a Head Coach who has openly blamed the fans for his own dire performance, a Director of Football who once said if we didn't like it we should go and support someone else and who has cut all links with local media because they fail to be obsequious enough, an owner who says she would only pass on control to the right buyer but has been happy to pass on control to a husband and wife team who are now effectively in charge of the club without the concurrent responsibilities of being in charge, fans who are important when it's time to buy season tickets and treated like dirt as soon as that is done, and the hollow, hypocritical shell of what once liked to call itself a community club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chichcan said:

They won't sack him just before Xmas

If you look at the timeline of Farke's sacking (according to Michael Bailey), he lost to Leeds on the Sunday.

Webber mulled over the decision and decided to tell the board that that was his recommendation on the Thursday

The board met on the Saturday morning (the day of the Brentford game) and agreed to sack him that day

So I imagine they'll be making a decision this week and if he's sacked it'll be just after Christmas 

Probably be sacked half hour or so after beating Luton 😉

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

(Oust that Brummie Chap) 

Ps: replace ‘chap’ however you wish depending on your level of ire) 

Replaced with something more suitable to you username 👍

• Haha 1

With the next home game on the 30th being shown live on the Sky Sports Red Bitton, it will be interesting to see how many empty seats there will be. 

Well, if stats are anything to measure performance by, Dean Smith should be fired.

Games in charge: 55

Won: 17

Draw: 10

Lost: 28

Goals for: 62

Goals against: 96

Total points: 61

Points per Game: 1.1

Add to this the growing lack of discipline shown by the squad on game days, the fans growing negative reaction, and his comments after the game on Saturday, how can he not be gone by now?

Could anyone else survive an employment review with productivity at these levels?

A quick (abbreviated) story about how there is no cure for stupid:

A guy was recently sentenced to 8 months in jail for his involvement in the January 6th attempted insurrection in the US. He voiced how he was upset with Trump that while he was going to jail, Trump was selling NFTs for his own personal gain. This deeply upset the guy and he admitted that he felt duped by Trump and that he will no longer support him. So, he said he's going to support Kanye West for president instead.

Delia & Co possess a style of ignorance for which there is no cure. They are stuck in old ways of thinking and they lack the courage to move aside and allow the 21st-century mentality to take this club forward. It's sad how they delude themselves into believing they are fans of the club, while they watch it being perpetually washed away and rebuilt like a sand castle. Delia & Co lack the resources, skill, and understanding to create a real foundation to build upon.

Webber and Smith should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of Delia & Co's incurable ignorance. Webber and Dean are intelligent people who, in my opinion, know exactly what they're doing. They know exactly how to manipulate Delia & Co. Webber was exposed and ceased all media communication for fear of further damage to his ego and position at the club, while Dean is now being exposed for the fraud that he is. At the same time, Delia & Co should be ashamed of themselves for presenting themselves as 'true fans' when they have proven that after 26 years of ownership, they have no clue of how to be the stewards of a football club.

It's a terrible situation that NCFC has come to find itself in, considering how much potential has existed over the last 5 seasons.

8 minutes ago, Top corner said:

With the next home game on the 30th being shown live on the Sky Sports Red Bitton, it will be interesting to see how many empty seats there will be. 

And how many 'Dean Out' chants will be heard.

Like @shefcanary says, the Colney redevelopment wasn't exactly the brainchild of Mr Webber. That said, it would be huge revisionism to say that Webber wasn't massive for the club and that it didn't take huge strides forwards under him. His appointment of Farke was crucial and to achieve the feat of significantly reducing the wage bill whilst actually improving the squad from a midtable Championship side to one that stormed to the title was staggering. I can even take the damp squib EPL season as he elected to use that year to sort out finances as part of a longer term plan and he was firmly vindicated by the manner in which we took the Championship title in even greater style.

However, since claiming that second title, he's had the opposite of the midas touch. Pretty much everything he has done has been awful. Player recruitment, shocking. Public relations, shocking. Sacking Farke, shocking in the eyes of some. Handling of sacking Farke, shocking in the eyes of everyone. Appointing Smith, shocking. Summer 2022 recruitment, maybe too early to judge but certainly not having the desired affect at the moment. Internal club management, shocking given the exodus of staff and the feedback coming from those still working at the club.

Webber since July 2021 has been catastrophically bad.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

The ONLY way DS goes is if he walks. I get the feeling we can't afford to sack him

I’m pretty sure I didn’t dream this, but one of the Pink Un lads mentioned a number of weeks ago that any Smith pay off “wouldn’t be an issue”, or words to that effect. It made me think at the time that there may be a break clause, or that we can buck him out on the cheap if we drop out of the top 6. That’s pure speculation on my part but I did feel somewhat assured when I read the comment  from Paddy, Connor or Sam (on one of the Q&A’s). Not sure where that leaves the sizeable back room staff though….

16 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

The ONLY way DS goes is if he walks. I get the feeling we can't afford to sack him

The club should be able to structure a settlement. I don't think they would have to pay everything upfront either. Plus they have a few levers to pull if Smith wants to look after his mate Shakey.

I truly there was lots of head shaking and and disappointment for the fans behaviour the other day in meetings at the club today with the winkle picker wearing, cheap Diesel cologne stinking suits.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I truly there was lots of head shaking and and disappointment for the fans behaviour the other day in meetings at the club today with the winkle picker wearing, cheap Diesel cologne stinking suits.

Would you like to have another go at that sentence?

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Would you like to have another go at that sentence?

Nah it’ll do.

for reference, you know the guys that are in full suits and kicking the football back to the people doing the half time tampa bay zorb challenge?

those dudes.

I suppose one angle might be whether we are trying to head hunt someone, which would be going on behind the scenes, as we did with Lambert.

I guess there are two options. BOD & Webber choose to get rid of Smith and conduct an open interview process and appoint. For this Smith would just be fired.

If Webber is tapping up potential replacements, he'd do so with Smith in charge, until he's got to the point of lining up the replacement, and then sack Smith.

Is this a possible scenario?

Else they don't give two sh*ts and will keep him until the end of the season and then make a decision  

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I suppose one angle might be whether we are trying to head hunt someone, which would be going on behind the scenes, as we did with Lambert.

I guess there are two options. BOD & Webber choose to get rid of Smith and conduct an open interview process and appoint. For this Smith would just be fired.

If Webber is tapping up potential replacements, he'd do so with Smith in charge, until he's got to the point of lining up the replacement, and then sack Smith.

Else they don't give two sh*ts and will keep him until the end of the season and then make a decision  

Not even a sniff on a replacement, these things leak almost immediately now. I doubt Deano even got a text. Situation Normal.

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Nah it’ll do.

for reference, you know the guys that are in full suits and kicking the football back to the people doing the half time tampa bay zorb challenge?

those dudes.

I see.

Wonder if they had to interview for that role.

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I see.

Wonder if they had to interview for that role.

The winkle pickers are so sharp tipped surely they shouldn’t be around inflatables?

20 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If we are 

47 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

48 hours on and still we've not heard anything from the club, and I actually think that could be a good thing.

As the old saying goes, 'back him or sack him'. If the club were absolutely intent on keeping Deano, I think they would have probably come out with a statement in support of him and urging the fans to go easy.

Given that Farke was famously sacked after a victory with the decision having been made the week beforehand, I think it's fair to assume that there are at least discussions going on behind the scenes.

It's also fair to assume that Webber is keen to make sure he gets the appointment right this time, and would rather have his man in place before pulling the rug from under Deano. If that does turn out to be the case, I'm content to be kept in the dark for a week or so.

If the club is planning to try and ignore the clamour and make like the ostrich, they deserve all the flak they will inevitably get.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

48 hours on and still we've not heard anything from the club, and I actually think that could be a good thing.

As the old saying goes, 'back him or sack him'. If the club were absolutely intent on keeping Deano, I think they would have probably come out with a statement in support of him and urging the fans to go easy.

Given that Farke was famously sacked after a victory with the decision having been made the week beforehand, I think it's fair to assume that there are at least discussions going on behind the scenes.

It's also fair to assume that Webber is keen to make sure he gets the appointment right this time, and would rather have his man in place before pulling the rug from under Deano. If that does turn out to be the case, I'm content to be kept in the dark for a week or so.

If the club is planning to try and ignore the clamour and make like the ostrich, they deserve all the flak they will inevitably get.

Webber doing his usual thing- total silence and ignoring the fans and doing nothing- Smith Im afraid is still be here for some time yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Webber doing his usual thing- total silence and ignoring the fans and doing nothing- Smith Im afraid is still be here for some time yet

We'll see.

Im sorry, but people here still expecting a masterstroke rather than the inevitable Chuckle Brothers type escapade, which has made us figure of fun within the footballing community.

This forum is a wild place.

How have we gone from 'should probably sack Smith' to 'WEBBER AND SMITH ARE EVIL MASTERMINDS MANIPULATING OUR WEAK MINDED OWNERS! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!'

• Like 1