Wibble

Has he gone yet ????

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

This forum is a wild place.

How have we gone from 'should probably sack Smith' to 'WEBBER AND SMITH ARE EVIL MASTERMINDS MANIPULATING OUR WEAK MINDED OWNERS! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!'

Were you at the game Saturday?

Smith's time is up but Saturday night was bizarre in itself and took some time to digest and really try to understand. Booing our own players 10 minutes in for passing it around the back (I know it's a bit more nuanced than that but on the face off it that's what happened) and it all spiralled from there. 

Again, we didn't really deserve to lose 2-0 and ironically created the better (no-one created real clear cut) chances. But the first half was so lacking in inspiration that I can't really criticise those wanting Smith out, and the fans turning plus Smiths comments kind of settle it.

Of course, this forum has been almost hysterically over the top since that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldy09 said:

Webber doing his usual thing- total silence and ignoring the fans and doing nothing- Smith Im afraid is still be here for some time yet

2 home games in the space of 72 hrs at the end of next week will put paid to that....if the fraud is still here beyond Luton

Just now, hogesar said:

Smith's time is up but Saturday night was bizarre in itself and took some time to digest and really try to understand. Booing our own players 10 minutes in for passing it around the back (I know it's a bit more nuanced than that but on the face off it that's what happened) and it all spiralled from there. 

Again, we didn't really deserve to lose 2-0 and ironically created the better (no-one created real clear cut) chances. But the first half was so lacking in inspiration that I can't really criticise those wanting Smith out, and the fans turning plus Smiths comments kind of settle it.

Hoggy, it’s a forum not a reasonable debate for mild mannered people chatting face to face trying not to be rude or create awkward atmosphere by venting as they’d like. Ranting and ott posting are a therapy.

It’s why when I meet with my HT about ‘how things are’ at the school, I make some very tame hints that all is not well with certain policies she has instigated in the hope that her ego won’t automatically see that as ‘so everything’s fine then’. I’d much rather tell her ‘that homework policy you’ve put in place is a f**king joke, try being a real f**king teacher again and do what you ask us to do, you stupid feckless witch’. I feel much better about that now. 

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

This forum is a wild place.

How have we gone from 'should probably sack Smith' to 'WEBBER AND SMITH ARE EVIL MASTERMINDS MANIPULATING OUR WEAK MINDED OWNERS! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!'

We haven't. People have been highlighting, questioning and criticising the free hand the Webbers have been granted for literally months.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We haven't. People have been highlighting, questioning and criticising the free hand the Webbers have been granted for literally months.

Absolutely rinsing the Club whilst it all goes to s**t. Sad really how the Webbers have taken advantage of our owners’ good nature and financial naivety but I guess that is the world we live in.

I'm checking the forums with signing Hucks levels of anticipation 😅

Edited by AJ

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Wise words Stu. 

I can’t stop looking at this forum & the more I keep checking this forum every 5 or 10 minutes the more I get frustrated that Smith is still the manager of our football club. 

I have a mild mannered mate who I play golf with. Cornish so he is a Liverpool supporter😉. He doesn't get excited about anything normally. Football or politics is just a matter of opinion but no emotion about it.

If he plays a bad shot or misses a putt he goes beserk. You must be able to hear him scream in Norfolk. Me, I'm so laid back with Golf you woould think I was Val Doonican.

Its the same about supporting your team. And in our case its in the DNA for most. I don't go beserk but my emotions rise to the surface watching us. I have to talk and chatter. And post on here. My frustration gets the better of me. If we play well I have to share my delight. If its bad I have to offload my frustration.

I have nothing against the board, coaching staff and players. I wish them well and every success. Why wouldn't I? 

But at the moment I feel helpless and a bit down. We should not be in this position. And I'm sure we all wonder what has happened or is going on. So there will be outbursts, accusations and claims.

And with what happened with Hughton and DF, it makes it all the more nail biting about what is going to happen next.

My preference is for him to go as soon as possible and give the new coach an even chance of still going for promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Some might argue I’ve been hysterical about wanting him to leave for about two months. Without sounding like a smart Alec saw all this coming a mile off. 

6 hours ago, Wibble said:

No, fair point indeed. Massively though, Im not so sure - I would imagine that a great deal of the background things such as training ground and Colney may well have taken place anyway - But I do get your point.

The trouble is, no matter how well you did two or three years ago, we all know in Football you are judged on this season. And apart from Pukki, Krul and Beundia - I see nothing but wastfulness in recent times.

Every single fan, pundit and journo said we will need to replace Skipp - And we are still saying it now, now either thats an inability to see what is important or an inability to provide whats important - either way that a failure in my book.

If you want to be Billy Big Balls and be a DOF where everything goes through you, then you also have to have the ability to perform such tasks - With great power comes great responsibility.

But i do get your point.

I generally agree but I think only citing Pukki, Krul and Buendia is a little harsh!

Entirely agree about Skipp. The inability to replace Skipp (in the Premier League) was an unbelievably stupid decision. It's so stupid that I still have trouble reconciling why we didn't get a replacement, even a sh*t one would show that you recognised the problem but struggled to fix it. To not recognise it is pretty damning in my opinion. This season, I think he has tried to replace the Skipp role with Hayden. The problem is, Hayden appears pretty rubbish with the ball and never wants it, taking away an option from the CB's when in possession. There is a marked difference with Gibbs on the pitch than Hayden, instead of hiding behind the pressing player, he drops and wants the ball, then gets it and looks to play progressively. In a somewhat similar way to how Skipp would drop in between the CB's, receive the ball and drive forward. Gibbs is not Skipp and it is unfair to compare but there are some similarities and for that reason, he'd almost be the first name on my team sheet.

• Like 2

To me, the absurdity is that I would wager most supporters would take promotion then relegation every two years. Yes, staying in the EPL would be preferable but not the end of the world.

But we ruined that by sacking the guy proven to do that because we were getting relegated from the EPL.

Dont know how anyone can be classed hysterical when we've witnessed only in recent weeks dreadful home defeats to preston luton boro and blackburn

He's been given the luxury of 4 weeks including a training camp in florida to work closely with the squad and implememt his ideas (whatever they are?) ...and also has a virtually fully fit squad. 

He has mo more excuses....although he continues to attempt to make them

• Like 1