According to the Pink Un he's being closely watched and 'tracked' by Torino who have gone as far to send representatives from the club to watch him play more than once recently which all does feel a little odd given it only feels like it was only the other day we signed him 😂

I would post a link but sadly it seems this place is having issues again and not letting me post embeded links so I'm afraid you're going to have to take my word for this one. Hard to do I know 😉 

17 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Pinkun headline: 'Italian giants tracking City summer signing Sara'.

Italian giants? Torino? Really?

They've finihed no better than 7th in Serie A since 2013. Last three seasons they have finished 10th, 17th and 16th. Fair to say "giants" is a push.. I mean yes they have won the league a few times but that was back in the 40's!

Hopefully we'll see the best of Sara now that we have Hayden to nail down the DM role. 

I think he's starting to look pretty decent, has a good attitude and is a likeable lad. Credit to him if he is already been watched having only just made what is a major move for any footballer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hopefully we'll see the best of Sara now that we have Hayden to nail down the DM role. 

I think he's starting to look pretty decent, has a good attitude and is a likeable lad. Credit to him if he is already been watched having only just made what is a major move for any footballer.

One of the best corner takers we've had for ages.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They've finihed no better than 7th in Serie A since 2013. Last three seasons they have finished 10th, 17th and 16th. Fair to say "giants" is a push.. I mean yes they have won the league a few times but that was back in the 40's!

Bit like calling Burnley 'English giants'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yup, they seem to be going the route of sensationalising stories a bit. Shame really.

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Sounds like a “ fire sale “ is coming to fund this missing £66 million, NCFC’s board strikes again

Does it?     Sounds like another club might (might) be interested in one of our players to me!   Probably little to see hear in truth…. No need for hysterics.

Edited by ged in the onion bag

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Their entire team was killed in a plane crash. It’s true they haven’t been successful recently but they are one of the great names of Italian football.

7 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Sounds like a “ fire sale “ is coming to fund this missing £66 million, NCFC’s board strikes again

Wait, because another team is interested in one of our players? If another team is interested in buying Sterling from Chelsea, is that a fire sale?

When's the last time we had a fire sale?

All it actually shows is we signed a player that other, arguably bigger teams are now interested in. You should be praising Webber..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Their entire team was killed in a plane crash. It’s true they haven’t been successful recently but they are one of the great names of Italian football.

Yep, Superga back in 1944, I think.

The days of Michael Bailey in his pomp, Dave Freezer’s interview videos and Paddy’s Pointers (for free) are a thing of the past. Scrolling an article now seems to be the hardest thing to do without getting bombarded by adverts. It’s a shame it’s gone this way as only a few years ago the EDP Norwich coverage was half decent. Guess you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely spot on. It was a given that both he and Nunez would take a while to get into the groove coming to the UK for the first time from South America.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

The days of Michael Bailey in his pomp, Dave Freezer’s interview videos and Paddy’s Pointers (for free) are a thing of the past. Scrolling an article now seems to be the hardest thing to do without getting bombarded by adverts. It’s a shame it’s gone this way as only a few years ago the EDP Norwich coverage was half decent. Guess you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. 

I do have a subscription to the Pink Un. It's not very expensive and I feel that the Pink Un is an institution so heavily associated with the club that it'd be a shame to lose it.

A discussion about the forum the other day raised the point that this forum itself represents part of the club history in some respects, but the fact Archant itself is struggling is becoming evident in the poor maintenance of the forum. The forum is something that could easily go down with the ship if Archant fails once and for all.

When all's said and done, Archant isn't a charity; if it doesn't get income, it has no chance of doing anything worthwhile.

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

When all's said and done, Archant isn't a charity; if it doesn't get income, it has no chance of doing anything worthwhile.

Then they need to up their game, we shouldn't be paying for crap articles as we fell sorry for them, or in some way feel the need to support an institution. 

For myself Bailey does a far better job at getting himself out and about and as the trusted source for Norwich news, than the entire Pinkun team do.   That's because he is able to adapt and interact with readers/viewers.

Makes me laugh how the club gets slated for having a betting sponsor, yet it's ok for the Pinkun to throw up dating adverts and cleavages in your face when viewing articles.

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I do have a subscription to the Pink Un. It's not very expensive and I feel that the Pink Un is an institution so heavily associated with the club that it'd be a shame to lose it.

A discussion about the forum the other day raised the point that this forum itself represents part of the club history in some respects, but the fact Archant itself is struggling is becoming evident in the poor maintenance of the forum. The forum is something that could easily go down with the ship if Archant fails once and for all.

This site must be losing decent numbers by the week or even day now. It’s does move along at the pace of of an asthmatic tortoise dragging a heavy load too. It’s a shame younger folk with fresh views don’t tend to join but who can blame them really. 

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Then they need to up their game, we shouldn't be paying for crap articles as we fell sorry for them, or in some way feel the need to support an institution. 

For myself Bailey does a far better job at getting himself out and about and as the trusted source for Norwich news, than the entire Pinkun team do.   That's because he is able to adapt and interact with readers/viewers.

Makes me laugh how the club gets slated for having a betting sponsor, yet it's ok for the Pinkun to throw up dating adverts and cleavages in your face when viewing articles.

Now it is, I agree. But it was much better before the administrators came calling.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

But it was much better before the administrators came calling.

Calling the administrators in is a result of poor performance, not a cause of.

It was great when they had the market to themselves, but they've failed to adapt.  This story is as much as goading the club as it is any kind of exclusive article, it entirely weighs on the opening wording of  "It is understood..." beyond that it's just the usual lazy filler.

Yet they seem to think it's fit to fill quarter of the front page of the EDP with it.  Its just clickbait, really.

37 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Calling the administrators in is a result of poor performance, not a cause of.

It was great when they had the market to themselves, but they've failed to adapt.  This story is as much as goading the club as it is any kind of exclusive article, it entirely weighs on the opening wording of  "It is understood..." beyond that it's just the usual lazy filler.

Yet they seem to think it's fit to fill quarter of the front page of the EDP with it.  Its just clickbait, really.

Calling the administrators is a result of poor financial performance caused by lower sales driven by people moving away from printed journalism and also lower advertising revenue due to larger proportions of advertising budgets going to larger online platforms. Look at stories on the Pink Un page; there's mostly web-syndicated adverts after the stories, which they'll doubtless get peanuts for.

Archant's failure isn't caused by poor journalism; it's caused by the way the whole press landscape has changed, which has led to less resources for good journalism, not the other way around.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

I have a Pinkun subscription, but genuinely can’t remember the last piece of work which I really enjoyed, probably two years ago.  

I am not sure if it quality of journalism or the marketing, probably the latter as I fall for lots of different click bait headlines from other outlets. 

On 15/12/2022 at 10:44, Mello Yello said:

Torino?....Surprised this news isn't shrouded in mystery?.....

As news goes it's nailed on if you ask me 😉

On 14/12/2022 at 17:43, Pyro Pete said:

Pinkun headline: 'Italian giants tracking City summer signing Sara'.

Italian giants? Torino? Really?

Historical giants maybe. I'm pretty sure they've won Serie A at least once, but a very long time ago. (Correction 7 times, last time in 1974/75) They've been runners up 7 times as well last time in 84/85.

12 hours ago, CrankyCanary said:

Historical giants maybe. I'm pretty sure they've won Serie A at least once, but a very long time ago. (Correction 7 times, last time in 1974/75) They've been runners up 7 times as well last time in 84/85.

The Torino side of the late 40s was one of the most dominant in European history before it got wiped out in the Superga air disaster of 1949. Shame that it was a decade before the European Cup, because we'll never know just how strong it was.