Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Guess the gate?

If Smith is still in charge: 18,126.
If Smith has been sacked by then: 23,379.

Has the official attendance figure been released? Empiest CR has been in years for a league game.

Looks like people are starting to voting with their feet. Or was it "BeCaUsE iT wAs CoLd, & GaMe WaS LiVe oN SkY! "?

Edited by TheRock

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

If Smith is still in charge: 18,126.
If Smith has been sacked by then: 23,379.

I don't think too many will go with a caretaker in charge, but if they've replaced him by then I suspect thousands who would have stayed away will go.

I don't plan on going, but if it became the first chance to see the new gaffer then I'd go.

The trouble is, it's not looking likely he'll be gone. Webber looks determined to add another total and utter balls up to his increasingly abject record.

5 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Has the official attendance figure been released? Empiest CR has been in years for a league game.

Looks like people are starting to voting with their feet. Or was it "BeCaUsE iT wAs CoLd, & GaMe WaS LiVe oN SkY! "?

I've noticed this. Not listed on the BBC or anywhere it usually is. Did they annouce it over the tannoy?

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I don't think too many will go with a caretaker in charge, but if they've replaced him by then I suspect thousands who would have stayed away will go.

I don't plan on going, but if it became the first chance to see the new gaffer then I'd go.

The trouble is, it's not looking likely he'll be gone. Webber looks determined to add another total and utter balls up to his increasingly abject record.

Even if we win at Luton, the fans will still be waiting to turn against Reading and Watford. Even three wins from those three is unlikely to turn it round for Deano from here.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Even if we win at Luton, the fans will still be waiting to turn against Reading and Watford. Even three wins from those three is unlikely to turn it round for Deano from here.

They would need to be impressive performances, not the dragged out, turgid, scraped wins we've seen with all bar maybe two of our victories have been, for me to be convinced he's somehow miraculously changed from a manager who is incapable of a top two Championship finish, regardless of the playing resources he has.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRock said:

I don't think the actual attendance figure is ever publicly released by our club as they count all ticket purchases as an attendee (so all ST holders who didn't turn up are still counted).

They do have to count the actual number through the door to report to the FA, HSE and police, but they don't make that public, shame really.

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The moment he came out with his crackpot conspiracy theory and bashed the home fans that made it to the game during a cost of living crisis and freezing temperatures he was finished, no coming back from here. 

If he thought that those at the game were sending a message, well I think the thousands who didn't turn up sent a bigger one.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't think the actual attendance figure is ever publicly released by our club as they count all ticket purchases as an attendee (so all ST holders who didn't turn up are still counted).

They do have to count the actual number through the door to report to the FA, HSE and police, but they don't make that public, shame really.

Yes a bit embarrasing really, this has always been the case.

They should call it was it is then, TICKETS SOLD; Why do they try and pass off "tickets sold" as "official attendance"?

Edited by TheRock

10 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Yes a bit embarrasing really, this has always been the case.

They should call it was it is then, TICKETS SOLD; Why do they try and pass off "tickets sold" as "official attendance"?

Its probably because they don't want sponsors and advertisers to know that they paid based on 25,000 fans being at each home game when the new reality is under 20,000. 

Bet they won't be in any rush to give the actual numbers in their commercial prospectus.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 11/12/2022 at 08:34, Unhinged Canary said:

One for the geeks.

John_Howe_-_The_Black_Gates.jpg

Black Gate of Mordor? 

Edited by SwearyCanary
Added geeky specificity
  • Thanks 1

Lucky to exceed  15,000 having just looked at the availabilty on the club website. Buckets of seats in the Regency Upper and Lower, Barclay Upper with even good availability as it is described in a couple of blocks in the Barclay Lower. The Snakepit and Wensum corner have a very poor take up and add in Blackburn have only taken the minimum available to them.

I know this makes me sound like an old fogey, but every year it breaks my heart how little people care about the FA Cup. I get it from a chief executive's point of view, but from regular fans it just seems weird. This has been such a meh season. A good run in the Cup would liven it up no end.

• Like 2

I'm going coz I jus' luvs the FA Cup....I'm not sitting in my usual le plastique padded pew, but deciding instead to witness this sporting battle of boots from the other side in the South Stand for a change....For a tenner that's a fair-ish price.....A brisk stroll down to the ground then sitting out in the fresh air enjoying a spectacle of superb soccer on a Sunday at 2pm what's not to like?....I can wave at Waggo and watch him make an immediate impact on our stuttering side....Oh and I reckon just under 19,500 for this colossal Clash of the Tight One's....

On 05/01/2023 at 17:11, Robert N. LiM said:

I know this makes me sound like an old fogey, but every year it breaks my heart how little people care about the FA Cup. I get it from a chief executive's point of view, but from regular fans it just seems weird. This has been such a meh season. A good run in the Cup would liven it up no end.

Wembley FA Cup Final , with my sons and mates, my ultimate Norwich City Football Club dream 💚💛. No question. I would cry like a baby at “Abide with me “ . 

I’ll say 17,206. I was going to say 17,203 but I’ve just found out a cousin has bought 3 tickets . 

• Like 3

I guessed 16500 but that was a month ago, if i was doing it today Id go for 18500

Edited by Diane

11 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

Wembley FA Cup Final , with my sons and mates, my ultimate Norwich City Football Club dream 💚💛. No question. I would cry like a baby at “Abide with me “ .

Exactly. With you 100%

• Like 1

I’ve accidentally posted a different prediction on the other thread for this. When I definitely win with one am I disqualified 😁

I went onto Canaries website yesterday to check on price for FA cup game.  City, South Barclay lower and N&P lower fe available.  But every other stand had many available at £10.  I would guess maybe 18,000, but not a great deal of interest in Wagner's stint however it is painted as a brilliant mov by the club.  Yet to see if it lives up to the hype.