Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Glad's not having any of this!

I asked her and she told me "word down Roys Cafe is thass that Delia changing har will during the proocuss." Then she drew close, gripped my arm and said. "Tom's not contestenut anymore because they've agreed to let him choose the new manager in the summer". Then she whispered with sherry breath "thass gorna be Kenny and Hooze".

There's some that says they knows, and then there's Glad... 

Edited by PurpleCanary

@nutty nigel has Glad a view on corporate governance at the club? Just for me and Purps, has Glad heard how things are sorted out in the boardroom? 😉 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

@nutty nigel has Glad a view on corporate governance at the club? Just for me and Purps, has Glad heard how things are sorted out in the boardroom? 😉 

Hey, count me out of your worrying obsession... 

• Haha 1

Another week gone, perhaps they are too busy handing out points deductions to half the Premier League 

On 11/04/2024 at 10:51, shefcanary said:

Lovely sunny morning in Bowthorpe so I though I'd have a coffee out in the backyard. Glad was there pegging out her smalls. I say 'smalls' but in truth they were gret ol' white bloomers! I thought thank goodness the sun is a bit higher now spring has sprung. But I thought too soon and up went the linen prop causing a blackout over half the street. Kathy could have come round for a coffee rather than go all the way to America to see an eclipse. Glad spotted me "hev yew heard anymore from that Steff?" "It's Sheff" I said "and I think he's a bloke." It's useless really because although she wears her hearing aid she won't put the batteries in for fear of frying her brain...

Anyway, I had to shout but managed to tell her about your governance issues. She put her full wisdom face on and said " Tell har what a lood of ol' squit!" "With Daylia and that Zooey woman calling the shots the governance will be the best in football" Then she said "blookes think thay knowetorl but would yew want that Sooonak over Thatcha?" "Who woont hev the queen back over Charles?" "His old woman has already had to step in and he's oonly bin on.the throone about five minuts!" Harsh I thought...

Then she came right over to the fence and with morning breath whispered "Afterorl, it weren't Mister Beeton's book of Househoold Management....

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Lovely sunny morning in Bowthorpe so I though I'd have a coffee out in the backyard. Glad was there pegging out her smalls. I say 'smalls' but in truth they were gret ol' white bloomers! I thought thank goodness the sun is a bit higher now spring has sprung. But I thought too soon and up went the linen prop causing a blackout over half the street. Kathy could have come round for a coffee rather than go all the way to America to see an eclipse. Glad spotted me "hev yew heard anymore from that Steff?" "It's Sheff" I said "and I think he's a bloke." It's useless really because although she wears her hearing aid she won't put the batteries in for fear of frying her brain...

Anyway, I had to shout but managed to tell her about your governance issues. She put her full wisdom face on and said " Tell har what a lood of ol' squit!" "With Daylia and that Zooey woman calling the shots the governance will be the best in football" Then she said "blookes think thay knowetorl but would yew want that Sooonak over Thatcha?" "Who woont hev the queen back over Charles?" "His old woman has already had to step in and he's oonly bin on.the throone about five minuts!" Harsh I thought...

Then she came right over to the fence and with morning breath whispered "Afterorl, it weren't Mister Beeton's book of Househoold Management....

Please make this a regular weekly feature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

My mother had an old copy of Mrs Beeton's Corporate Household Governance and Management... 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

My mother had an old copy of Mrs Beeton's Corporate Household Governance and Management... 

I have a copy of this from my Grandmother, but it only household management! Funny thing to be left to me as part of her will! Many years ago now! image is a copy online as I’m in Oxford and don’t have access to my nans copy! 

IMG_4065.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Les Dawson & Roy Barraclough - Cissy and Ada and the baby | Les dawson ...

I found this photo of you and Sheff discussing corporate governance.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Tell har what a lood of ol' squit!"

I wouldn't have expected anything else from our Glad. Lovely. 😀 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I have a copy of this from my Grandmother, but it only household management! Funny thing to be left to me as part of her will! Many years ago now! image is a copy online as I’m in Oxford and don’t have access to my nans copy! 

IMG_4065.jpeg

Ah, memories! 

Maybe some of the pant wetting will now cease? 😉

What is everyone going to mither about now? Time for Glad to step into the breach perhaps…

Crikey! Decimalisation has happened since this was first mooted!

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2024 at 20:10, Indy said:

IMG_4065.jpeg

Have you every boiled cabbage in the way described in there? It's worth doing... once.

But.... Is it the beginning of the end or.... The end of the beginning? 

Will a certain person still cling on by her boney, scarlet red avon-slathered nails til the very last second ? 

39 minutes ago, GMF said:

10 minutes ago, In my blood said:

But.... Is it the beginning of the end or.... The end of the beginning? 

Will a certain person still cling on by her boney, scarlet red avon-slathered nails til the very last second ? 

To answer @GMF ..... No... ^

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

24th April 2024 then. I am surprised that it wasn't a May date, but there again perhaps the club's potential involvement in the play-offs and potential promotion gave the EFL a kick up the jacksy to complete their work before the club didn't fall out from under their jurisdiction for a twelve months! 

So, given where we currently are in terms of the play-offs, I don't think we will hear much from Attanasio until our season has formally ended; he wouldn't want to upset the way the run in is being managed at this stage. However I'm sure he has already sorted out hotels for May 26th should they be needed. After the Spring bank holiday we should see plenty of announcements - if we're lucky even from the City Hall balcony!

Edited by shefcanary

Under two years until he is permitted to try and take full control. This summer if we aren’t promoted ??

Sara 10 year contract incoming. Gunn 10 year contract incoming. Rowe 10 year contract incoming. Sarge 10 year contract incoming. 

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Under two years until he is permitted to try and take full control. This summer if we aren’t promoted ??

January 26th 2026!

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

January 26th 2026!

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

January 26th 2026!

Thanks what was the precise wording around this ? Just voting in cohort until then ?

Attanasio's group have now formally been allotted 195,012 shares, which will see his shareholding rise from 21.5pc to 40pc. The American has spent £5m ($6.02m) on the shares. The agreement also saw Attanasio's group provide the club with a £33.64m debt payment package that has helped to ease the burden on their financial situation

so he has paid around 25 pound a share 

18.5 pc only cost 5 million is only about 25  / 30 million for the club seems cheap to me ? the debt of 33.64 mil must be a loan that will be wiped off unless he is going to get the club very cheaply ? 

i know i am thick  it seems i am missing something 

1 hour ago, GMF said:

The pant wetting may cease but i am sure a certain someone will have an awful lot of nonsense to say on the matter.