6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I'm trying to work out if I'd feel better off having the slightest understanding any of these things.

Is the kit still going to be yellow?

You’re going to have to work out the first bit for yourself.

As to the second paragraph, do you remember when someone thought it was a good idea to have yellow shorts? They were designer, mind! 😉

Delia is trying to get out of her deal she didn’t understand. She didn’t realise she would lose control and Mark is going all in. 

5 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Her 3 year period must be down to 2 now ??

1 and 10/12 now. 

52 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Delia is trying to get out of her deal she didn’t understand. She didn’t realise she would lose control and Mark is going all in. 

She is currently reading the Robert Chase textbook.

3 hours ago, GMF said:

I’m still unclear as to why it was thought necessary to have two general meetings? Could this not be dealt with by more resolutions at the first meeting? I’m asking because I genuinely don’t know the corporate law aspects.

There certainly was no reason why it could not have been done in one go. I just think though it is hindsight to say where we are was always going to happen. Smith & Jones wanted to check Attanasio out before giving up any control so in a way they have been making things up as they are going along. The lack of trust, if you like, has produced the convoluted process we have now. It couldn't be any more convoluted really.

10 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Her 3 year period must be down to 2 now ??

A life year on planet Mars is almost twice as long. 52 earth years ago David Bowie had a premonition.

11 hours ago, shefcanary said:

There certainly was no reason why it could not have been done in one go. I just think though it is hindsight to say where we are was always going to happen. Smith & Jones wanted to check Attanasio out before giving up any control so in a way they have been making things up as they are going along. The lack of trust, if you like, has produced the convoluted process we have now. It couldn't be any more convoluted really.

We are where we are because MF decided to sell his shares, but, equally, it always seemed unlikely that D&M would just sell up without some transition period, especially as their stake was a majority holding.

That being said, let’s not forget that MA has already provided £33m of debt financing, and, within this, about £4.8m was a specific loan for conversion into equity. To my mind that doesn’t constitute a lack of trust, on the part of D&M, more likely a product of the financial pickle that the Club got into as a consequence of the last Premier League season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMF said:

That being said, let’s not forget that MA has already provided £33m of debt financing, and, within this, about £4.8m was a specific loan for conversion into equity. To my mind that doesn’t constitute a lack of trust, on the part of D&M, more likely a product of the financial pickle that the Club got into as a consequence of the last Premier League season.

Yes, I wasn't going to mention what a lack of governance led to financially, but as you raised it, yes MA has rode to the rescue in a way to reduce ongoing losses in terms of expensive interest payments but also setting in motion the move away from the club being truly "public".

The salaries for this year's MLB  (baseball) teams are now being picked over.

The Milwaukee Brewers are in the bottom third of payroll, somewhere between 20th-24th on the list (out of 30). They are spending less than they did in 2023, 2022, 2019, 2015 & 2014.

They have only one player whose salary is in the top 100 in the league (Yelich) and the ESPN piece ranks them among the "Cheap and should spend more" category.

"The Brewers are entering the season with their weakest roster in years and project to have a lower CBT [in short, their salary cap]  than each of the previous two seasons even after guaranteeing $72 million in free agency and locking up top prospect Jackson Chourio..."

Maybe MA is saving his dimes so he can spend $150,000,000 building a new Main Stand at Carrow Road ..... 😀

Posted (edited)

Not sure I realised quite how much money there is in MLB - their top player is paid $26m per year?! The rest of these salaries are not cheap either... Can someone who knows more about baseball confirm this? That seems mental

IMG_7480.jpeg

Edited by Darth Vadis

7 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Not sure I realised quite how much money there is in MLB - their top player is paid $26m per year?! The rest of these salaries are not cheap either... Can someone who knows more about baseball confirm this? That seems mental

IMG_7480.jpeg

i hope Idah's five year contract is 26 million a year 

31 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

To balance things out all young players start on a three-year 'rookie contract', which can be fixed as low as just $14,000 per week. Only the very best get improved deals in the first three years.

Meanwhile minor league players (where young players gain experience) are paid peanuts, the minimum being just $1,200 per week

On 23/03/2024 at 22:30, shefcanary said:

I think it's worth pointing out that it's just one perception that the arrangement is to check Attanasio out. We're years into this relationship now and you'd think they trust in their judgement.

I think the best thing to consider in this is when Fernandez considered buying a stake in us, before doing so with QPR, but went in bigger. People who have not been involved in football before can be hoodwinked. Fernandez admitted relatively recently that he had been ripped off by agents etc and his naivity when it came to football had cost him money and success with QPR.

Rather than just 'checking' MA out, they can also help hand-over the lessons they've learnt as well as give MA time to speak to senior club figures and get a feel and understanding of how things work in the EFL etc.

Basically, he gets all of the advice Fernandez said he could have done with.

• Like 4

I’m still the forum thicko who doest’t understand much of this.

Has Attanasio made an offer to buy out S&J?

If so how much?

If so what does that mean for the minor shareholders?

And if so what’s stopping all of this happening?

Please answer with words we all understand.

Over to you smart people…

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If so how much?

No, he hasn’t, nutty! Or at least not formally. So the rest of your questions for the moment fall away. It might have been talked about privately, of course, but I do not believe there is anything in the published details of Attanasio’s share dealings that includes a formal offer to buy the 320,000 or so shares M&J have.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

IMG_7480.jpeg

Ben Gibson on £40k a week is being underpaid looking at those figures. Double his wage on a new 3 year contract please. 

On 23/03/2024 at 22:30, shefcanary said:

The lack of trust, if you like, has produced the convoluted process we have now. It couldn't be any more convoluted really.

I could be wrong, but the more convoluted it becomes, the more that short-term factors and hesitation play into this, too?

We're already in debt with MA, we know that wheels are in motion, but whether we sneak through to the prem league or not this season must dramatically change how things progress and affects the (perceived?) value of the club.

There would be no better time for Delia/MWJ to walk if we did somehow manage promotion, perhaps this is now in consideration?  I honestly don't know how swift something like that could happen from this point though.

As Toyah once sang.... 

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, he hasn’t, nutty! Or at least not formally. So the rest of your questions for the moment fall away. It might have been talked about privately, of course, but I do not believe there is anything in the published details of Attanasio’s share dealings that includes a formal offer to buy the 320,000 or so shares M&J have.

There’s a lot of hot air on here then…

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I could be wrong, but the more convoluted it becomes, the more that short-term factors and hesitation play into this, too?

We're already in debt with MA, we know that wheels are in motion, but whether we sneak through to the prem league or not this season must dramatically change how things progress and affects the (perceived?) value of the club.

There would be no better time for Delia/MWJ to walk if we did somehow manage promotion, perhaps this is now in consideration?  I honestly don't know how swift something like that could happen from this point though.

As Toyah once sang.... 

I want to be free? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There’s a lot of hot air on here then…

Well, I would say in the absence of hard facts and certainty there was bound to be speculation. I may even have been guilty myself…😎

Let’s keep the Status Quo for as long as possible. Who wants to catch a glimpse of Yankee Mark in the Lion & Castle post match when you can see our real heroes instead. 

16 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The Milwaukee Brewers are in the bottom third of payroll, somewhere between 20th-24th on the list (out of 30). 

Mark must currently be on unfamiliar ground in relation to the NCFC salary bill ranking in the Championship.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

If so how much?

Hmm, what do you know Nutty that us others don't? Someone only asks such a question (with apparently new information) if they already have inside information. Spill the beans Nutty!

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Mark must currently be on unfamiliar ground in relation to the NCFC salary bill ranking in the Championship.

Are you suggesting that someone with an estimated net worth of $700m doesn’t know how to read a football club’s budget?