Will he be fit by then? And if he is, how many games before he's crocked again? 

Feel for the lad, especially with his potential, unfortunately seems to be made out of paper

I think it would be good for him personally. He’s been long overdue an actual run of games in a side to aid his development. Given we are already struggling to fit in Pukki and Sargent plus have Hugill as cover I think it makes sense.

I’d want a recall clause though personally, be just our luck to loan him out then crock our two top scorers.

• Like 7

See Nunez linked away already too!

Would be a good move for Idah. I think he should’ve been out on loan already tbh. He’s development has suffered. Now with injuries, there’s a real risk it doesn’t happen for him.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

See Nunez linked away already too!

Would be a good move for Idah. I think he should’ve been out on loan already tbh. He’s development has suffered. Now with injuries, there’s a real risk it doesn’t happen for him.

Really? Where and who to?

Just now, CDMullins said:

Really? Where and who to?

"Sevilla are reportedly monitoring Norwich City midfielder Marcelino Nunez after an impressive start to his career in England.....according to the Sun’s Alan Nixon."

From the article on Pink'un today

Loan for Idah makes perfect sense- a run of starts is going to benefit him much more than being 3rd or 4th choice striker here. 

• Like 2

An absolutely idiotic idea (and probably a load of bullsh*t from the Sun).

This is a player who in the short time last season that he was actually fit looked really good at Premier League level. Why on earth would we send him to League 1?

We're desperately missing pace, power and physicality up front - even more so yesterday without Sargent - if we'd got him fit why on earth would we loan him out to a level below that at which we're playing?

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Will he be fit by then? And if he is, how many games before he's crocked again? 

Feel for the lad, especially with his potential, unfortunately seems to be made out of paper

Plenty of people on here said this sort of thing about Carlton Morris when he was here. Players sometimes get injured - sometimes they get a run of injuries - it's part and parcel of the game. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This is a player who in the short time last season that he was actually fit looked really good at Premier League level. Why on earth would we send him to League 1?

We're desperately missing pace, power and physicality up front - even more so yesterday without Sargent - if we'd got him fit why on earth would we loan him out to a level below that at which we're playing?

The problem is, if he's going to improve then he needs game time. Given we have both Pukki and Sargeant, doesn't it make sense to just put him out on loan and simply recall him if we have an emergency? 

• Like 2

Idah on loan has a lot of benefits for the player.

I would like to think we are looking at improving the squad in January so a bit of contribution to wages might help.

I think that relies on an incoming striker though.

For those mentioning a recall clause, this isn't actually a thing anymore. Or it is, but only within transfer windows. 

So if Idah was to go out in Jan, he's gone until the summer (which I think is the best idea for the player)

The sun and daily mail just need to be relegated to the toilet paper they are and put out of print.

Garbage papers with nothing stories for idiots.

A loan away would help. as he hasn't really kicked on. Not that bit extra, or whatever it is. I don't see anyone come out of the youth team, so it might be that we buy someone, as given the number of injuries we seem to get how likely is it that both Pukki and Sargent are not out for a couple of weeks ?

30 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

For those mentioning a recall clause, this isn't actually a thing anymore. Or it is, but only within transfer windows. 

So if Idah was to go out in Jan, he's gone until the summer (which I think is the best idea for the player)

All things considered, Idah did pretty reasonably for us in the Premier League, so I'm starting to think perhaps this is a case of use him or lose him.

If the answer's use him, and given that there are more and more people arguing Sargeant should be our main striker ahead of Pukki, is it time to revisit the idea of getting something for Pukki in January if someone wants him? 

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Alternatively keep him here and we could have sarge AND Idah on the wings!!!!! Think of the potential!!!!!! 

And then we could move Pukki to centre half!

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

And the donkey leading the attack

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

How could we when McLean is earmarked for all of those positions.😁

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Because he needs a run of starts that he won't get here right now.

He's turning 22 in February but has a total of 9 starts in club football. He'd benefit so much more from a run of 15/20 games getting regular minutes than grabbing 10 minutes here and there as our 3rd choice striker.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The problem is, if he's going to improve then he needs game time. Given we have both Pukki and Sargeant, doesn't it make sense to just put him out on loan and simply recall him if we have an emergency? 

You CAN'T just recall him if we have an emergency. Loans now run from transfer window to transfer window. The only exception is an emergency situation with goalkeepers. 

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Because he needs a run of starts that he won't get here right now.

He's turning 22 in February but has a total of 9 starts in club football. He'd benefit so much more from a run of 15/20 games getting regular minutes than grabbing 10 minutes here and there as our 3rd choice striker.

If he comes back fit he won't be our 3rd choice striker for long. If you recall, Smith had absolutely no problem in playing Pukki, Sargent and Idah together last season in the short amount of time that they were all fit at the same time. It coincided with us actually winning some games - Everton at home and Watford away. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If he comes back fit he won't be our 3rd choice striker for long. If you recall, Smith had absolutely no problem in playing Pukki, Sargent and Idah together last season in the short amount of time that they were all fit at the same time. It coincided with us actually winning some games - Everton at home and Watford away. 

I'd forgotten that. 

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

"Sevilla are reportedly monitoring Norwich City midfielder Marcelino Nunez after an impressive start to his career in England.....according to the Sun’s Alan Nixon."

From the article on Pink'un today

Am impressive start followed by a disappointing middle?

I believe Smith rates Idah. However, we've been waiting, and saying for several seasons now, Idah will be our new hero, and it just hasn't happened.

Plus he's been out injured all this season, so a loan and and half season might do him the world of good, and a) see if his fitness returns & b) just well he does.

I'm not sure if Smith would let him leave now, although with Ramsey finally his scoring boots, that might change.

he looks the most likely to be a Smith Centre forward to me 

Smith had watkins and i think Idah is most like him  in style we have 

6 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

The Sun reports Idah to Derby in January in order to kick-start his career.

Thoughts?

Seems risky to me.

Personally think a loan will do him good. He needs a good run of games as a No9. He won't be getting ahead of Pukki or Sargent anytime soon. 

Needs to get a good run of games behind him ready for next season with Pukki & Hugills contracts expiring this summer.