GodlyOtsemobor

Blades predictions.

Sorry to the Smith Out brigade, but this has win written all over it.   I suspect Dimi and Hayden to be playing and that will make a big difference to our dynamic.

Not seen the pre-match conference yet, is Sarge fit anyone know?

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Sorry to the Smith Out brigade, but this has win written all over it.   I suspect Dimi and Hayden to be playing and that will make a big difference to our dynamic.

Sarge is fit.

Hayden won't start. Doubt Dimi will either.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Here you go, all from todays presser.

Left-back Dimi Giannoulis made his return after almost three months out during the week but it might be too early to see him in the first XI.

"It would be a push to start him. He's been out a long time, since the Wigan game, the first home game of the season. I've not faced a situation like this where we've had 15 games of a season and I've lost five players who can play left back.

Kieran Dowell has laryngitis but other than that everyone else has been training. Sargent's fine, he's training today."

• Thanks 1

We can’t defend, it has 2-1 written all over this one.  Another defeat.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Cant see anything other than a loss in this one"

Well, the Blunts fans are all saying the same about their team..

Good for them 

A draw between two misfiring teams.  Going to watch a proper team at Stevenage tomorrow, can't be bothered with the Canaries.

We leak goals every game. Can see Sheff U raising their game, and if we don't get it together I see 2-1 Sheff U

If we get an early goal it might change things though 

We'll start with a refreshing 4-3-3 formation with Sargent wide right and Hernandez on the left. Nunez will be rewarded for his recent form by coming back into the starting 11 while Hayden will be back out of the squad due to a suspected drugs violation (back on the grass apparently).

We'll start brightly and have a really good 20 minutes in the first half, only narrowly avoiding taking the lead on several occasions with Pukki missing a 1 v 1. We'll be well ahead on xG before Sheffield United take the lead with their first real chance after a defensive error.

There will be a couple of substitutions early in the second half which will tip momentum back in our favour for about 5 minutes before we inexplicably concede again against the run of play. Then the game will descend into a bit of a stalemate where chances are at a premium.

We'll nick a goal after the 80th minute but then concede a 3rd while throwing caution to the wind chasing an equaliser. We'll dominate possession and win 1.8 - 1.2 on xG but ultimately lose 3-1.

Dean's Myth will be that we deserved to win and were unlucky to concede the second after what he thought was a foul in the buildup. 

• Haha 3

Our manager will play Gibbs and Ramsay in midfield...we'll get bullied

We'll play Sargent out wide where he's ineffective

Sheff Utd 2-0 us 

Probably about 9th in the table

Smith heads closer to the exit door whilst still gabbling on about f*cking XG

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Cant see anything other than a loss in this one"

Well, the Blunts fans are all saying the same about their team..

Just been engaged in twitter conversationabout the score tomorrow. In it a Blades fan admonished his fellow fans saying he bet no Norwich fan was moaning about their team like they were! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2-0 Blades

Early goal, late goal.

City to have more possession, and to win on Xg.

Usual suspects to tell us we dominated and deserved to win.

I predict we will win handsomely and play electric football, because after all my debating with LYB it’s be exactly my luck to give him ammunition to parade around with an ‘I told you so’ swagger 😂

honestly though, I’d love to see it as I want us to win always, but suspect if we do it’ll not be a swashbuckling game (which away from home is actually fine tbh). 

My head says 1-1

• Haha 1

Berge is missing for them so the majority of the flair has gone.  They aren't in form but neither are we.  McBurnie is the sort of striker we make look better than he is.  Scrappy game and a 1-0 loss.  Probably to a tap in at the far post.  As a steel city resident who plays football with a bunch of very vocal Blades fans and will be going to the match with them, an afternoon and evening of verbal abuse to follow.

Hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by Barham Blitz

1 minute ago, Barham Blitz said:

Berge is missing for them so the majority of the flair has gone.  They aren't in form but neither are we.  McBurnie is the sort of striker we make look better than he is.  Scrappy game and a 1-0 loss.  Probably to a tap in at the far post.  As a steel city resident who plays football with a bunch of very vocal Blades fans and will be going to the match with them, an afternoon and evening of couple of verbal abuse to follow.

Hope I'm wrong. 

Me and you in the same boat tomorrow evening Barham! My very best to you! God help us! And I hope you are wrong too, but think you will be right, although it will be Sharp with the winner in injury time.

• Like 1

2 teams in bad form but the home crowd will give them the edge. 

We'll have a handful of long range shots against a deep packed defence and Deano will point to them when asked about how the game went afterwards.

Edited by KeiranShikari