A Load of Squit

Chelsea talking to Webber

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Firstly, spoken to is nowhere near being offered the job. 
secondly, If he does go then good luck to him. He has done well for this club on the whole but everyone must agree at Premier League level he has been an absolute failure who has wasted millions 

Seems he just got bored a couple of years ago before that he had been a revelation.

Never a good idea to sit in a job and stagnate, he himself for his own development should be actively looking for his own sanity

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

I assume because that wouldn't make much sense.

If Terry was joining us you'd assume it would be as part of the coaching staff being as they worked together at Villa.

The idea Terry was here because he'd be considered for Webber's role would require something of a leap.

Read my post again kc as i said about an opening in the backroom set up somewhere and did not suggest him as a direct replacement for Webber.

Capt Pants makes a valid point regarding Mark Noble and please don't runaway with the idea i would approve.

9 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Firstly, spoken to is nowhere near being offered the job. 
secondly, If he does go then good luck to him. He has done well for this club on the whole but everyone must agree at Premier League level he has been an absolute failure who has wasted millions 

He has had to work within a self-funding model that has inevitably made PL survival extremely difficult. The result of the promotions he has helped secure have seen far more millions coming into the club than anyone might consider him to have wasted. He was very astute in his honest and carefully explained ambition to make NCFC a top 26 club. He knew that the self-funding model meant that we would very likely have to build up our cash supplies and squad improvements over a period of promotions and relegations. The only other alternative would have been recklessly to gamble on borrowing multi-millions that could bankrupt the club upon relegation. He has never lied about the limits of his ambitions for the club (limits necessitated by financial reality), and thus I think he will rightly be judged to have very largely met those aspirations. 

• Like 2

If Webber does leave, it'll be interesting to see what the influence of Attanasio will be on the next appointment. The sporting director/head coach split is similar to baseball's front office/coaching staff split. Front offices are filled with graduates and are heavily data focused now, while the coaching staff mostly remains as ex pros. Football isn't as far down the data path as baseball but Attanasio in the club interview talked about bringing his input into proceedings. If he does have significant sway I wouldn't be shocked to see a new young face in instead of going for continuity with Adams.

Webber has been good for the club albeit he has on occasion bitten off more that he could chew. However he hasn't gone yet. The fact that Chelsea are talking to him is a compliment to both Webber and to the club. 

I don't see Adams as a contender at all. He has no commercial experience at the level required, furthermore we'd need someone from outside the club who has a record of moving the dial in the business they are now in within a similar role. The role of Sporting Director now is to transform the club into a permanent premiership side. 

What we don''t want is someone who is too afraid to make big calls neither do we want to appoint someone just because Delia and Michael feel comfortable with them. This is too big a role and way too important. If Webber does go we should take our time and appoint someone who really fits the bill. 

Personally I think Webber should finish what he started. But I guess if Chelsea come calling or if he has run out of ideas or no longer believes in the role or in his ability to achieve what is needed here based on the limits of the resources available to do so then he should go. Chelsea is a far bigger train set after all. 

If I wasn’t a Norwich fan, but had a job at Norwich, then Chelsea came in for me I know exactly what I’d do.  This is one of the worlds biggest clubs, incredible opportunity for him. Anyone would take it.  

Good luck to him, interesting times ahead. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

If I wasn’t a Norwich fan, but had a job at Norwich, then Chelsea came in for me I know exactly what I’d do.  This is one of the worlds biggest clubs, incredible opportunity for him. Anyone would take it.  

Of course, for salary alone!

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

What if any sort of compensation will we get if Webber is successful in his application?

Not much as he's on a rolling contract. 

10 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

Webber has been good for the club albeit he has on occasion bitten off more that he could chew. However he hasn't gone yet. The fact that Chelsea are talking to him is a compliment to both Webber and to the club. 

I don't see Adams as a contender at all. He has no commercial experience at the level required, furthermore we'd need someone from outside the club who has a record of moving the dial in the business they are now in within a similar role. The role of Sporting Director now is to transform the club into a permanent premiership side. 

What we don''t want is someone who is too afraid to make big calls neither do we want to appoint someone just because Delia and Michael feel comfortable with them. This is too big a role and way too important. If Webber does go we should take our time and appoint someone who really fits the bill. 

Personally I think Webber should finish what he started. But I guess if Chelsea come calling or if he has run out of ideas or no longer believes in the role or in his ability to achieve what is needed here based on the limits of the resources available to do so then he should go. Chelsea is a far bigger train set after all. 

What commercial experience does the SD require? Isn't that Sam Jeffery's job?

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

No no no

Take Webber take Webber for the love of God 

Sounds like Webber might have f*cked up the interview by telling them that he can only give 90 percent because he really wants to be a mountaineer.

• Haha 1

Webber has done well on infrastructure, but McNasty was better at player recruitment.

Chase was better at both.

So there is your replacement.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Webber has done well on infrastructure, but McNasty was better at player recruitment.

Chase was better at both.

So there is your replacement.

Well he's still alive and well and living in Norfolk!

The guy doesn't respect the club or the fans and he thinks he is better than the club. I wish he'd leave so someone who wants the job can take it over. Ego the size of Saturn....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The guy doesn't respect the club or the fans

I bet if I sat you both down he'd shame you with how much passion and commitment he has for this club.  It's one thing to watch a match once a week and come on the pinkun to talk ****, it's this guys life.  Wake up ffs.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Non-plussed at this. There's a strong argument to say he has ultimately failed.

There's no strong argument when you take into account the resources he has had at his disposal. That's why clubs like Chelsea respect him. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

The story was broken by ncfc fan Charlie Wyett of the Sun this morning 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20083011/chelsea-norwich-stuart-webber-boehly/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1665571746 

Journo Nick Mash iter commented " you beat me to it Charlie, fair play , I ll add my comments later " 

Edited by Diane
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The guy doesn't respect the club or the fans and he thinks he is better than the club. I wish he'd leave so someone who wants the job can take it over. Ego the size of Saturn....

Try Jupiter .

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Uranus.

Screenshot_20220423-134438_Chrome.jpg.ec1f55967454794d8ef6616e3179559a.jpg     

The Shining  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Saturn....

👍 Nice Ring

30 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Try Jupiter .

👎 No Ring

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Uranus.

💩 Stinky Ring

• Thanks 1

He knows Potter who he was speaking to when Farke was under pressure in his first season. i do wonder how that job would look for Webber though, he wouldn't have as much control as he has here, I wonder if they're sounding him out to be a transfer or more business/culture orientated SD. 

On his replacement I'd actually be okay with Adams, i'm much happier with the thought of him as SD than I was when he was appointed manager. He's been learning the job, knows the club (which I'd argue is more much beneficial in that role than it is for a head coach) and knows how to spot a good player. I think we'd need a slight restructure of responsibilities though and Adams should focus entirely on the football side of the role and let Ward+whoever do the business side. 

Chelsea have spoken to several candidates, including Webber. It will obviously be a huge achievement by him if he manages to impress and get the job.

Chelsea are probably scouring the NCFC forums and social media for opinions of him as we speak 😜

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Chelsea have spoken to several candidates, including Webber. It will obviously be a huge achievement by him if he manages to impress and get the job.

Chelsea are probably scouring the NCFC forums and social media for opinions of him as we speak 😜

Here's Johnny

Screenshot_20220423-134438_Chrome.jpg.ec1f55967454794d8ef6616e3179559a.jpg

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Agreed! It's a shame that he could never quite control his arrogant sense of entitlement.

Indeed, should fit in nicely at Chelsea, that cuddly club which combined Combat 88 and Russian oligarchy.