The Real Buh

Flattering to Deceive

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So rotten that the club is joint top? Come on, if you can’t be pleased that we are top, go “support” somebody else

You go and support someone else. I’m literally not the only one that is noticing problems at the club with the way it’s run and it’s trajectory.

Being distracted by a points tally doesn’t make you a “grateful loyal supporter”

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, everybody now knows that I’ve had you on block for 2 years and you have continued to message me with no reply. That’s the kind of creepy behaviour I imagine has got you banned from outside every first school in Cork.

If you are obsessed with me then let’s talk about it. I invite everyone to have a look at your posting history, it’s relentless. I’d have called the police if I wasn’t so sure you were literally zero threat to me.

the next (third?) time you go to Norwich you’ll say “who put that cathedral there?” You’ve got no f”&£ing idea about this club or Norwich city. 

Thats right.  You are correct. Time for another tantrum at your mum as I'm just laughing at you mate.

YOu DON'T kNOw nuffIN cOs you DiNT lIVe iN NaAriCh!! 

A well reasoned and rounded point.

PS your mum says your socks are always crunchy when she washes them  for you.  

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, everybody now knows that I’ve had you on block for 2 years and you have continued to message me with no reply. That’s the kind of creepy behaviour I imagine has got you banned from outside every first school in Cork.

If you are obsessed with me then let’s talk about it. I invite everyone to have a look at your posting history, it’s relentless. I’d have called the police if I wasn’t so sure you were literally zero threat to me.

the next (third?) time you go to Norwich you’ll say “who put that cathedral there?” You’ve got no f”&£ing idea about this club or Norwich city. 

Thats right.  You are correct. Time for another tantrum at your mum as I'm just laughing at you mate.

29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Way to respond twice

rattled

Like I said, I invite everybody to look at “corkios”(literally the way this brain dead moron types) posting history for a record of obsessive behaviour and bare in mind the whole time he’s bombarding me with messages I’m not responding to him, had him on block forever.

You can say what you like about mothers and basements and whatever tough guy but I can’t get insulted by someone who demonstrably has this public record that everyone can see. It’s obsessive behaviour that I genuinely hope for the vulnerable people of cork does not extend into real life.

At least Greavsy had the good sense to stop this behaviour after I caught him out “accidentally” clicking my profile page over 3000 times. Whoops! Sorry, slipped out.

Edited by The Real Buh

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Posted that twice to help you understand.  

Try and keep it together you are looking more and more rattled.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Again. Farkes last title season, around the same time of year, we had a 0-0 draw at home to Millwall, a 1-0 win away to Boro thanks only to a pen, a 1-1 draw at home to Coventry again thanks to a pen, and a 3-1 loss away to Luton.

If anything needs changing its the weird few fans who seem to have some real delusions of grandeur about the club right now. Some of you should really go see what you were saying during some of these times...

I made the same point. It was only nowish that we started to see a bit of Farkeball in 2020/21. It was pretty unconvincing stuff until then.

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

I made the same point. It was only nowish that we started to see a bit of Farkeball in 2020/21. It was pretty unconvincing stuff until then.

Yep, and as I just posted in another thread:

Smith's job couldn't be safer, and those who went early on making out he'd have us midtable are doubling-down on their stupidity at the moment, and bemoaning 'style of play'.

Our style of play yesterday was incredibly similar to our style of play during Farkes last title win. 

03/11/20 - Norwich 0 - 0 Millwall (62% posession, 85% pass accuracy, almost identical to yesterday)

28/11/20 - Norwich 1 - 1 Coventry (Norwich penalty) (64% possession, 9 shots in total, Coventry had 13)

02/12/20 - Luton 3 - 1 Norwich (68% posession, 85% pass accuracy)

The only people who are making out like there's literally zero style of play etc are the one's who went in early on Smith, because he wasn't Farke.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Smith's job couldn't be safer, and those who went early on making out he'd have us midtable are doubling-down on their stupidity at the moment, and bemoaning 'style of play'.

Our style of play yesterday was incredibly similar to our style of play during Farkes last title win. 

03/11/20 - Norwich 0 - 0 Millwall (62% posession, 85% pass accuracy, almost identical to yesterday)

28/11/20 - Norwich 1 - 1 Coventry (Norwich penalty) (64% possession, 9 shots in total, Coventry had 13)

The only people who are making out like there's literally zero style of play etc are the one's who went in early on Smith, because he wasn't Farke.

The first promotion was very exciting, partly because we had to score late to win. It’s entertaining stuff but also points to a lack of control. Getting your noses in front and then managing the game out isn’t as s£xy but it is more affective.

• Like 1

We don’t need to be reminded of the results under Farke, we were there. We remember being torn to shreds by Leeds and WBA at home. We didn’t have any illusions about the defence, and that’s it’s best not to go behind in the first place. The point is that we are where we are, playing as we are, and as fans we cannot help compare to where we were. In the case of Farke in the 2nd Tier, we were in a very exciting, stylist and enjoyable space. As a City fan playing a certain entertaining way has always been one factor in our dna, but it’s not the be all and end all. 

Nobody is unhappy with 2 points a game and as Ive often remarked before, any away point is a good one. Having said that, we have a squad that on paper is by some margin superior to almost everyone else in this league. After 12 games we should by rights be seeing that played out on the pitch. In every televised game ive seen this season the pundits are coming out with the same few phrases, "Norwich are not quite at it yet" and " there is more to come". 

My question is if not after 12 games then when?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nobody is unhappy with 2 points a game and as Ive often remarked before, any away point is a good one. Having said that, we have a squad that on paper is by some margin superior to almost everyone else in this league. After 12 games we should by rights be seeing that played out on the pitch. In every televised game ive seen this season the pundits are coming out with the same few phrases, "Norwich are not quite at it yet" and " there is more to come". 

Did we not have a pretty good squad our last title win? If not, an even better one than this? Emi on his own surpasses all our attacking midfielders combined this season.

And despite that, after 12 games under Farke we had very similar performances as I listed:

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

You go and support someone else. I’m literally not the only one that is noticing problems at the club with the way it’s run and it’s trajectory.

Being distracted by a points tally doesn’t make you a “grateful loyal supporter”

You are only one coming on here and moaning about every little aspect of the football club. 
We get it, you don’t like Dean Smith, cups of tea or the midlands. 
I think I preferred you when you just kept going “why aren’t we Brentford” “why aren’t we blah blah” to anyone else who dared to compare the club with someone.

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Did we not have a pretty good squad our last title win? If not, an even better one than this? Emi on his own surpasses all our attacking midfielders combined this season.

And despite that, after 12 games under Farke we had very similar performances as I listed:

The difference should be obvious, we looked the part on the pitch once things had settled. I can't say I see that yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

At least Greavsy had the good sense to stop this behaviour after I caught him out “accidentally” clicking my profile page over 3000 times. Whoops! Sorry, slipped out.

🤣 To be fair, you accidentally typing that is no less believable than the accidental profile clicks.

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Personally I've been pretty set on the end of October, as we probably have the harshest set of fixtures on paper dealt with by then. If we reach November with 2 points a game intact, having travelled to Burnley, Watford, Sheff Utd, then I don't think we can really moan too much.

Even as someone defending Smith currently, I don't think we come out of those fixtures with a 'good' points haul. I'm aware performances aren't great and I feel like we almost NEED a difficult loss to cause a refresh in the starting lineup. It's difficult to justify changing a team unbeaten in 9.

I myself remarked to a friend 'we need to get a grip on this game' before realising I've probably said that in each of the last 10 games at some point. But, currently, results continue the benefit of the doubt IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Im a bit torn at present. League position is good, results are good. All in all therefore im not too unhappy. But I do feel we could snd should be playing a lot better and be closer to the finished article than we appear to be.

we have too many attacking midfielders who only play well in one game out of two, we still lack the CDM we know we are crying out for, the full backs are not attacking as they should be snd trying to shoe horn Pukki and Sargent into the side is not helping with the balance of the side in my view.

The positives are we are averaging 2 points per game whilst not playing well, Gibbs looks good and we look a threat from set pieces for the first time I can recall. 

Yeah I agree with all of this.

There is something in the set up that feels a bit too rigid at the moment. Under Farke you'd see Buendia, Cantwell and others popping up in different positions over the pitch, moving defenders around and creating space for those coming from deeper to exploit. Under Smith we're much more structured in that if Sargent is on the right he stays on the right, same with Ramsey (who just doesn't fit on the left) and the fullbacks therefore don't have the space to overlap and support in the same way.

I think there is a tough question for Smith in that the team looked so much better with Sargent up top. It gave us options as he could press well, hold the ball up and run in behind if a team played too high, Pukki can only really do one of those things.

Personally I'd abandon the 4-3-3 and make it a priority to get Sargent more central. If he wants to stick to this formation though then I'd be tempted to drop Pukki but that is a huge call. 

Someone on here said the lineup last night seemed like Smith trying to shoehorn all his favourite players into his favourite formation and I kind of agree. If he wants to play Ramsey each week then he probably needs to be in a number 10 role, if he wants to play Sargent and Pukki then he needs to play two up top. 

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The difference should be obvious, we looked the part on the pitch once things had settled. I can't say I see that yet.

That's quite a change for you then R? Normally you are one for the stats, the GD etc. (I agree with you btw I'm not seeing things I want on the pitch, maybe in the odd 10/15 minutes in each match...and I've not seen a style as such but a series of a mix of different things within matches). I'm often more interested in how we play I must admit but this year I've been focussing on the data a lot more. Interesting that Smith has been studying Gibbs' output - clearly something coaches do.

I'm not 100% convinced by the manager yet I must admit but he is getting results, is trying out new things, is prepared to bring on subs to change the momentum in games (I believe he ought to get credit for that because DF was often different in that respect, though we got there normally at the end).

I would have expected to see you say something about our decent GD and points total by now. If we are still in the top 2 by the middle or towards the end of November then I believe it looks good. And I've yet to see any team that really has looked better than us. I'm due to get to the Burnley match at the end of October so maybe they'll be the better team? Sheff Utd fans are cooing about their play this season. Again, interesting to compare us.

Just hope Smith finds the right shape and from that better understanding on the pitch of movements. It still looks disjointed. That said, in our second half last night we were easily the better team and our tempo increased. Would like to know some of Smith's strategy - to contain and then bite when the other team is more tired / under pressure? We wanted the 3 points last night for sure that second half. 

Anyway, back to the stats - they look ok don't they?

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I don't think you said we looked the part after those performances I listed though, which was 15-20 games in, which is kind of my point.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah I agree with all of this.

There is something in the set up that feels a bit too rigid at the moment. Under Farke you'd see Buendia, Cantwell and others popping up in different positions over the pitch, moving defenders around and creating space for those coming from deeper to exploit. Under Smith we're much more structured in that if Sargent is on the right he stays on the right, same with Ramsey (who just doesn't fit on the left) and the fullbacks therefore don't have the space to overlap and support in the same way.

I think there is a tough question for Smith in that the team looked so much better with Sargent up top. It gave us options as he could press well, hold the ball up and run in behind if a team played too high, Pukki can only really do one of those things.

Personally I'd abandon the 4-3-3 and make it a priority to get Sargent more central. If he wants to stick to this formation though then I'd be tempted to drop Pukki but that is a huge call. 

Someone on here said the lineup last night seemed like Smith trying to shoehorn all his favourite players into his favourite formation and I kind of agree. If he wants to play Ramsey each week then he probably needs to be in a number 10 role, if he wants to play Sargent and Pukki then he needs to play two up top. 

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's quite a change for you then R? Normally you are one for the stats, the GD etc. (I agree with you btw I'm not seeing things I want on the pitch, maybe in the odd 10/15 minutes in each match...and I've not seen a style as such but a series of a mix of different things within matches). I'm often more interested in how we play I must admit but this year I've been focussing on the data a lot more. Interesting that Smith has been studying Gibbs' output - clearly something coaches do.

I'm not 100% convinced by the manager yet I must admit but he is getting results, is trying out new things, is prepared to bring on subs to change the momentum in games (I believe he ought to get credit for that because DF was often different in that respect, though we got there normally at the end).

I would have expected to see you say something about our decent GD and points total by now. If we are still in the top 2 by the middle or towards the end of November then I believe it looks good. And I've yet to see any team that really has looked better than us. I'm due to get to the Burnley match at the end of October so maybe they'll be the better team? Sheff Utd fans are going about their play this season. Again, interesting to compare us.

Just hope Smith finds the right shape and from that better understanding on the pitch if movements. It still looks disjointed. That said in our second half last night we were easily the better team and our tempo increased. Would like to know some of Smith's strategy - to contain and then bite when the other team is more tired / under pressure? We wanted the 3 points last night for sure that second half. 

He is getting results, when for a lot of games we've had no proper options at all at left back or defensive midfield. It is a crazy achievement that we're doing as well as we are having had to deal with two glaring holes, let alone actually looking half pretty in the process. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I somewhat agree with this. I wouldn't say 'his favourite players' but I would say 'trying to shoehorn in our most productive players'. Arguably our front 3 last night have the most goal contributions collectively, so he's tried to fit them all in.

Unfortunately, having Sargent and Ramsey out wide really reduces their impact, which in turn stifles Pukki, which in turn puts a lot more pressure on us defensively.

As I've said a few times now, I think we really need to refresh the side. One of Sargent or Pukki, one or some of Sinani/ Dowell/ Cantwell back in from the start, a start for Sara now starboy Gibbs is back. With 4 games in 10 days coming up, we need to use the squad

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I would have expected to see you say something about our decent GD and points total by now. If we are still in the top 2 by the middle or towards the end of November then I believe it looks good. And I've yet to see any team that really has looked better than us. I'm due to get to the Burnley match at the end of October so maybe they'll be the better team? Sheff Utd fans are going about their play this season. Again, interesting to compare us.

Just hope Smith finds the right shape and from that better understanding on the pitch if movements. It still looks disjointed. That said in our second half last night we were easily the better team and our tempo increased. Would like to know some of Smith's strategy - to contain and then bite when the other team is more tired / under pressure? We wanted the 3 points last night for sure that second half. 

I will do my usual prediction thread based on the stats after a third of the season. For the Prem it's normally 12 games but for the  Champs, with the 8 extra games I will base it on the 14 game mark.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Unfortunately, having Sargent and Ramsey out wide really reduces their impact, which in turn stifles Pukki, which in turn puts a lot more pressure on us defensively.

As I've said a few times now, I think we really need to refresh the side. One of Sargent or Pukki, one or some of Sinani/ Dowell/ Cantwell back in from the start, a start for Sara now starboy Gibbs is back. With 4 games in 10 days coming up, we need to use the squad

Agree with all of that Mason. And also I'm 100% sure we will see a good deal of rotation. Especially in midfield. Smith has shown he can change things and is not afraid to make changes. I'm looking forward to seeing if somehow in our experimentation (because that's what it feels like a bit atm) we find the 'golden ticket', an answer,  towards something looking like a more fluid team. If we can we may start to blow a way a team or two.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

I made a thread on this the other week, Pukki has been producing the goals but I feel like Sargent offers more in his overall game (certainly has this season) - as well as the goals!

Its a busy period coming up and I see Smith has been resting Pukki towards the end of matches to give Sargent some time in the no.9 spot - perhaps to try to appease the latter. But perhaps fully dropping Pukki to the bench for the odd game during this heavy period would help to keep both players hungry as well as Pukki at his sharpest fitness-wise.

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I will do my usual prediction thread based on the stats after a third of the season. For the Prem it's normally 12 games but for the  Champs, with the 8 extra games I will base it on the 14 game mark.

Old habits die hard for me and I'm still aiming for 50 points to be safe. If we get there fast enough I'll be aiming for 75+ and the playoffs. If we carry on 2points per game that will leave enough time to aim for the autos and possibly champions.

But such successful seasons are few and far between. A look below us shows how difficult the championship is for many  clubs with parachute payments from recent years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Seriously? Farke's second title win was a bit more dogged but still absolute night and day compared to the guff on display last night (and most of this season) which was just so disjointed and utterly dull. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Hi Ricardo, as others have also posted, under Farke we didn't settle as such until November onwards in both promotion seaaons. If we get through October, still on 2 points per game, then I would seriously be upset if we didn't rip into the opposition from then on. Let's see what happens at the New York Stadium on bonfire night afternoon for instance.