The Real Buh

Flattering to Deceive

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Yeah, let’s hobble into the premier league and hope for the best for the, what, fifth time in recent years? This club has big problems and this “a draw away from home is a good result” attitude is wool being pulled over the eyes. We still have the same massive mentality issues, a bloated squad with players that aren’t good enough to make the transition and a mass lack of leadership through all areas of the club let alone the footballing side of things.

All of that is on the back burner while we hobble into the premier league, d1ck up another transfer window and get thoroughly embarrassed in a whole new way.

No. I won’t pretend there aren’t issues.

Smithy and Shakes are doing a great job for me its called winning football , I aint going to lose to much sleep worrying about the future. How do you know what recruitment we get next season if we go up. 

I'm seeing a lot of these teams are confused about how they've drawn or even lost to us when they have dominated - I'm not so sure myself. 

I don't have a good explanation for that. 

I have come to expect dross but we then we somehow scrape a win.

It's not great to watch at all. There is nothing brilliant about it. 

Somehow it's working for now, but for how long?

Just now, Dame to Blame said:

Smithy and Shakes are doing a great job for me its called winning football , I aint going to lose to much sleep worrying about the future. How do you know what recruitment we get next season if we go up. 

Track record. Our premier league recruitment has been awful. Maybe this time Webber will go for a “cruise missile” or some b0llocks

24 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s terrible that that has distracted you from the bigger problems, the impending problems.

Says the one main person who just can’t see the bigger picture.  

• Like 1

Watching the game tonight (and also quite a few of our previous games) is like having shiminy hoo but it's only ever strictly missionary.....

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Track record. Our premier league recruitment has been awful. Maybe this time Webber will go for a “cruise missile” or some b0llocks

No its not been great , but maybe smith will be a better judge of the players he would need 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I'm seeing a lot of these teams are confused about how they've drawn or even lost to us when they have dominated - I'm not so sure myself. 

I don't have a good explanation for that. 

I have come to expect dross but we then we somehow scrape a win.

It's not great to watch at all. There is nothing brilliant about it. 

Somehow it's working for now, but for how long?

Wait till next Saturday evening 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Too busy picking cockles to notice the tide.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

What is the bigger picture? At least the other times we’ve got into the premier league and f@£ed it up we’ve had momentum. We won’t even have momentum this time. I genuinely think the players and fanbase will be confused that we’ve done it.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You may well be right but I would still like to see something convincing.

At Championship level we have been spoilt rotten in the two previous seasons. Sexy football with positive results flowing like a tap. I’ll take this current campaign all day long. Results are very good, performances not as bad as some make out and promotion looking bang on course. 

What is the bigger picture? At least the other times we’ve got into the premier league and f@£ed it up we’ve had momentum. We won’t even have momentum this time. I genuinely think the players and fanbase will be confused that we’ve done it.

Or they'll be calm composed and professional rather than thinking we'd tonk everyone cos we tonked man city..

Once.

It may work. Dont beleive the hype Buh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

…if Smith is that bad, yet you seem to think we’ll be promoted?  Interesting, given you seemed to think him incapable a few weeks back.

And why is it impossible to consider that we might cross that bridge if/when we come to it? 

Smith and his coaching team do not, and never will, play expansive and entertaining football, that’s why he was sacked at villa. You cannot discredit his ideas though with a city team, not playing well at all, but 2nd in the table. Farkeball spoilt supporters as it was Gung Ho, we will score more than you type of play. Under Smith that will not happen.

…if Smith is that bad, yet you seem to think we’ll be promoted?  Interesting, given you seemed to think him incapable a few weeks back.

And why is it impossible to consider that we might cross that bridge if/when we come to it? 

Settling for this football and this manager is a very telling mark.

we’re scraping games at the moment btw. Getting gifts from opposition. Will it last? What do the stats say.

Im right about Dean Smith and more and more people are joining me. Get mad about it.

There is this misremembering of the 2020/21 season by a certain poster, who thinks we played Farkeball from day one. We had 4 points from 4 games and then picked up results with some pretty unconvincing performances after that. It clicked into gear about nowish. There is plenty of talent to work with and it only takes a few tweaks for us to give someone a spanking IMO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

we’re scraping games at the moment btw. Getting gifts from opposition. Will it last? What do the stats say.

Im right about Dean Smith and more and more people are joining me. Get mad about it.

Joint top on points, undefeated in eight matches (6 wins) your timing isn’t the best to slag a manager off. West Brom could be the club for you to follow. 

• Like 1

Get mad about it?  Dream on.  Your opinion of yourself is needlessly high to say the least, you really need to be more realistic.

I’ve stated before, I couldn’t care two ****s who our manager is, the goal this season was to win promotion.  I prefer decent football but happy to be more pragmatic while we’re getting there, and if we are getting decent results with better performances to come, what’s not to like?

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Joint top on points, undefeated in eight matches (6 wins) your timing isn’t the best to slag a manager off. West Brom could be the club for you to follow. 

I’ll say what I want and I’m not the only one saying it. Dean Smith is barely supported by the fanbase and we lose a couple of games and the whole club will turn. Then you’ll be looking pretty lonely.

The more managers that become available the more pressure there will be on him. 

He’s not the man to run this club. When he leaves here I doubt he’ll get another job tbh. Only our management team would employ someone like him.

• Like 1

And with that, the Punxsutawny Buh creeps out of his den, sees any sort of slightly less-than-perfect result, and declares another 20 years of awful, horrible, no-good football at Norwich City. We're all doomed, you see, if only we would look.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Get mad about it?  Dream on.  Your opinion of yourself is needlessly high to say the least, you really need to be more realistic.

I’ve stated before, I couldn’t care two ****s who our manager is, the goal this season was to win promotion.  I prefer decent football but happy to be more pragmatic while we’re getting there, and if we are getting decent results with better performances to come, what’s not to like?

So you have abandoned Dean Smith, good to hear. This club cannot become some paint by numbers boring sideshow. It has to try and strive to be better and Dean Smith and the way things are being done right now is not “better”, it’s horrendous.

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

And with that, the Punxsutawny Buh creeps out of his den, sees any sort of slightly less-than-perfect result, and declares another 20 years of awful, horrible, no-good football at Norwich City. We're all doomed, you see, if only we would look.

Not just me though, is it.

I think you know we are on a knife edge here. Scraping games, crap performances.

we lose a couple of games, get a few injuries…. The fanbase will turn quick.

So you have abandoned Dean Smith, good to hear. This club cannot become some paint by numbers boring sideshow. It has to try and strive to be better and Dean Smith and the way things are being done right now is not “better”, it’s horrendous.

Not at all.  Smith’s the one getting the points, we’re joint top, so why on earth change?  

The objective is to win promotion, not to entertain.

The 'pragmatic' Dean Smith is doing that job. As long as we get promotion we can sack him immediately the season ends. It's not a great watch compared to what we saw under Farke, and even Neil, but it's doing the job.

I'd rather we  were turgid and get points tbh.

Not at all.  Smith’s the one getting the points, we’re joint top, so why on earth change?  

Smiths the one scraping results playing awful football. It won’t be long now. World Cup? We’ll have to see. Depends if these Americans are bold and want to improve things.

It's like nobody remembers what a slog the championship really is. Two games a week in a league where anyone can beat anyone. Where does this 'we have to be entertained' even come from? I suppose it was entertaining a couple of seasons ago where the only crowd noise was on the TV coverage. But that was so far from a real championship season.

12 games in 24 points on the board. When hasn't that ever been good enough?

I miss Farke too. Am not overly impressed with Smith but I'm warming to him. The players are obviously playing for him too. And I have to wonder if Farke would have 24 points from 12 games without Emi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1