Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 16 Week 3

1064447104_25march2022.thumb.jpg.6ff432dd4db865e4fb2fa5eaf0ea1339.jpg

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

Firstly how great it was to be back up to 40 PUPs last weekend. Then to win with both sets of picks was awesome. Well done all you wonderful PUPs.

This week we have @NWC making the final six selections. I love that we have NWC back with us this season. And he’s started well with 2/2 winning picks. NWC has won before picking the final six. I looked back and it was in October 2013. The previous season he got an unlucky 5/6 so we’re in very capable hands this weekend. Let’s help him double his personal tally of wins with our best selections from the games played on Sat, Sun and Mon of this weekend and listed on Bet 365.

We have @Jellytot making the final picks for our game against Millwall. Jellytot was another who didn’t get a turn with the match picks last season so I’m pleased to get her a turn so early this time. Jellytot also has a win to her name on the honours board and has won previously with the Norwich picks. This is a Friday game and Jellytot will be making the picks at lunchtime so get your suggestions up in plenty of time.

Here’s the proposed rota for September. Please let me know if you can make the dates.

Final Six Results

03/09 @First Wazzock

10/09 @Cosmic Twin

17/09 @Hissing Sid

24/09 Nutty Nigel - Confirmed

Norwich Picks

03/09 @astro

10/09 @TheBaldOne66

17/09 @lincsy88

24/09 Internationals

As always a massive thank-you to our new benefactor PUPanon2 for making the Norwich match picks possible this season. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. The sponsorship, pledges and donations all go straight into the presentation pot. It makes a massive difference to the amount we raise and I know the CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

Now I’ll hand the thread over to NWC and Jellytot. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Marcus and Helen, the thread is yours.......🙃......

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Evening all. Going back to the MLS this weekend with a different LA team

LA Galaxy v Seattle Sounders - Home Win - LA have recent home form which looks good and have signed someone from Barcelona who was tipped as a future prospect. Anyway it's not a cut and dry pick as LA are far from table toppers and Seattle are not at the bottom dispete recent poor away form

For the Norwich bet I don't feel we've got it right just yet so HT/FT - Norwich/Draw

An unprecedented 2/2 start this year! So, off to Germany this week...

Borussia Dortmund v Werder Bremen - Home Win

For the match bet, HT/FT Draw/Norwich

Best of luck NWC, Jellytot, and all you PUPs

@nutty nigel  re 17/09, could you slot me in elsewhere from October, going to be away at the end of that week. Many thanks.

This week I’m going for Swindon to finally chalk up a win at home to Rochdale.

Norwich; bet - HT/FT Draw/Draw

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make the Norwich picks on 03/09 Nutty, and I can confirm I will be able to do them. 
Hope you are feeling better Nutty? I too have the wretched Covid and missed last night - am probably also going to miss Friday 😕

• Like 1

A very good evening to you Nutty and good luck to NWC and Jellytot not forgetting all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Italy and a HOME WIN for INTER MILAN v Spezia.

For the Norwich game Cantwell to score at anytime.

Heading to Sweden this week, for an Allsvenskan match between Hammarby and Degerfors. In theory it should be easier to pick the form as they're over halfway through their season!

Hammarby are in third and still well in the title hunt, with a 6-3-1 home record and having won five of the last six. Degerfors, on the other hand, are third from bottom with a 1-0-8 away record and have only won one of the last ten. Odds for the home win are 1/4.

As for the Norwich game, I fancy another fast start. On William Hill, Norwich to be winning at 15 minutes is 4/1.

Best of luck to NWC, Jellytot, and all PUPs... let's hope the football gods have some more generosity to share this weekend!

Edited by Feedthewolf

3 hours ago, astro said:

This week I’m going for Swindon to finally chalk up a win at home to Rochdale.

Norwich; bet - HT/FT Draw/Draw

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make the Norwich picks on 03/09 Nutty, and I can confirm I will be able to do them. 
Hope you are feeling better Nutty? I too have the wretched Covid and missed last night - am probably also going to miss Friday 😕

Tested negative today but annoyingly still have what could politely be called 'covid tummy' 🤢 Really want to be back for Friday though, hate missing any games but under lights are my favourite. Hope you are soon covid free and fit for the game. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hissing Sid said:

An unprecedented 2/2 start this year! So, off to Germany this week...

Borussia Dortmund v Werder Bremen - Home Win

For the match bet, HT/FT Draw/Norwich

Best of luck NWC, Jellytot, and all you PUPs

@nutty nigel  re 17/09, could you slot me in elsewhere from October, going to be away at the end of that week. Many thanks.

No probs Sid, I'll sort you a week in October 👍

• Like 1

Thanks NN - looking forward to my weekend in the hot seat along with Jellytot. 
I’m really keen to continue to see the cash flowing into the csf after last week’s great results, so please PUPs give me your best shots 👌👏👏👏

• Like 1

For my ridiculous risky away choice this week, I’m going to risk Forest winning at Everton. I doubt either side are much cop and this really could go either way but Everton have plenty of injuries, unsettled players and Forest being buoyed by their win last time out might just do it. Christ, I can still remember a time that even we won there!

For the Norwich bet. I think we’ll win but we too have injury issues and so I’ll go for another win and BTTS. 

Good luck to everyone, especially NWC and Jellytot. 👍

My pick is a top versus bottom match in the Estonian league. Flora home win versus Parmu. Flora score 2:goals on average every match and concede 0.5 whilst Parmu concede 3 goals each game on average! Seems a banker 😐

For us, I'm thinking another Sinani goal as he looked dangerous on a few occasions versus Hudds.

Best of luck all. 

Edited by sonyc

@nutty nigel all god for 17/09. 

For this week I shall go for Burnley v Blackpool - HOME WIN

For Norwich I shall go with Nunez to score anytime. 

Good luck all. 

I backed them last week and they scraped through, and I'm going for Roma again with another straightforward game on paper. They've got an exciting, attacking team this season, which Jose will no doubt attempt to turn into workmanlike shlthouses. Home win against Cremonese at 1/4.

For our game, I think we're starting to click. An ambitious Norwich -2 at 6/1, or the enhanced special of Norwich to win and both Cantwell and Sargent to have a shot on target at 10/3 look interesting.

Bochum v Bayern Munich away win.

For City's game Pukki to score from the bench (helluva shot 😉)

Good luck NWC and Jellytot.

Off to Finland this week with HONKA VS. HIFK (home win).

For the City bet how's about Norwich to score a pen.

All the best everyone.

Apples

Good luck NWC, Jellytot and all PUPs

Inter v Spezia - Home Win

City bet Over 2.5 goals

3rd September is good for me, thank you!!

Edited by First Wazzock

Been reading about xg and stats on here this last week. It's interesting! I've gleaned from this that Blackburn are possibly in a false position. While Sheffield Utd are solid and have had, on paper, a tough start. So my pick for NWC is..

Sheffield Utd          v          Blackburn          Home Win

Stats again for our game. Nunez has had 9 shots over the three games he's played with 3 on target. He's 6/4  to have over .5 shots on target and 9/1 to have over 1.5 shots on target. So for Jellytot I'm going to assume he keeps improving...

Nunez to have over 1.5 shots on target.

Good luck PUPS, great results last weekend…..let’s go again!💚💛

For my pick Slavia Prague v FK Pardubice - Home Win.

As for the City game tomorrow, Sargent at the double! 2 goals for the new Ginger Pele!

OTBC

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Been reading about xg and stats on here this last week. It's interesting! I've gleaned from this that Blackburn are possibly in a false position. While Sheffield Utd are solid and have had, on paper, a tough start. So my pick for NWC is..

Sheffield Utd          v          Blackburn          Home Win

Stats again for our game. Nunez has had 9 shots over the three games he's played with 3 on target. He's 6/4  to have over .5 shots on target and 9/1 to have over 1.5 shots on target. So for Jellytot I'm going to assume he keeps improving...

Nunez to have over 1.5 shots on target.

I’m not having a go at you in anyway but how the hell can you have 1.5 shots on target? Surely it’s one or two, how do they measure a half a shot on target 🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’m not having a go at you in anyway but how the hell can you have 1.5 shots on target? Surely it’s one or two, how do they measure a half a shot on target 🤣🤣

You can't. It's just how they're listed. 

Maybe that one Sarge missed last season was half a shot on target...

24 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Bookies use the same type of notation for goals bets, corners etc etc 

I’m not sure why they choose to express it in this fashion but essentially Over 1.5 is exactly the same as saying 2 or more, or, a minimum of 2.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Sticking with Scotland this week for NWC and predicting more misery for bottom of the league at home to top of the league.

Kelty Hearts v DUNFERMLINE - AWAY WIN @4/6 

For Jellytot, Millwall seem to be the comeback kings so

Match Goal - 86th Minute To Full Time? YES @ 5/2

Good luck everyone

Leedscanary

Hi pups,

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll be posting around 1130 ish tomorrow. Keep your predictions coming please 💛💚

Portsmouth to beat Bristol Rovers is my pick this week