TheBaldOne66

All those who think Brentford are….

One season wonders, is that still the case?

Or can people now just accept what’s gone on at NCFC for the last 13 months is the reflection of a badly organised club?

• Haha 1

Man Utd are getting found out. I can't think of one of their players who would get in a genuine top 4 team. 

When you're 4-0 down to Brentford and you bring on McTominay you have a problem 

I made the point a lot last season. Brentford are no Sheff Utd or whoever you want to chuck in there… exceptionally well run club on the up. A point at Leicester, then this today, fantastic start for them.

United could well be in trouble this season, though. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I made the point a lot last season. Brentford are no Sheff Utd or whoever you want to chuck in there… exceptionally well run club on the up. A point at Leicester, then this today, fantastic start for them.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's no way in hell the FA or the rest of the premier league officials would allow united to be in trouble.. 

If they keep struggling to win games, you watch them get a few more penalties while games are 0-0 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's no way in hell the FA or the rest of the premier league officials would allow united to be in trouble.. 

If they keep struggling to win games, you watch them get a few more penalties while games are 0-0 

Ha, quite possibly! 

They’re dreadful though. Mismanaged squad and transfer strategy for years. It’s happened to some big clubs before, although none quite the size of Manchester United. Would love to see it, mind.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Ha, quite possibly! 

They’re dreadful though. Mismanaged squad and transfer strategy for years. It’s happened to some big clubs before, although none quite the size of Manchester United. Would love to see it, mind.

Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to see it also, there's just no way they'd allow it, the club makes too much money for the premier league. 

It's more a reflection on Man Utd than Brentford.  They are disintegrating as a club, have been for years - no spirit, no character, no work ethic...they will do well to stay in the league the way they are going.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Leicester aren't up to much anymore. I'm confident they will be bottom half this season and this was impeccable timing to play Man Utd. Long, long season.

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Leicester aren't up to much anymore. I'm confident they will be bottom half this season and this was impeccable timing to play Man Utd. Long, long season.

This sort of thing was said an awful lot last season too. Sometimes you just have to chapeu, and accept it.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This sort of thing was said an awful lot last season too. Sometimes you just have to chapeu, and accept it.

I'm not saying they will go down but it is a long season to start proclaiming that they are safe already. They're one of a number of teams that can easily go down.

Every reason to have envious glances at Brentford, they went up with us but finished below us yet they since spent LESS on their squad than we have yet whilst we're embarrassing ourselves at dross like Hull, they're battering Man Utd at the start of their 2nd season in a row in the top flight. 

Never mind Brentford being one season wonders according to some posters on here i remember reading that Brighton will not hang around the PL for too long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It's more a reflection on Man Utd than Brentford.  They are disintegrating as a club, have been for years - no spirit, no character, no work ethic...they will do well to stay in the league the way they are going.

So by that logic then, surely we are disintegrating a hell of a lot faster arent we? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Your post exactly reflects us to

Brentford remind me of us after we got promoted with Lambert. Plucky but able to compete. Will be interesting to see if they can manage another midtable finish this season as that would be a mighty achievement. 

Oh, and why aren't we Brentford?!

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never mind Brentford being one season wonders according to some posters on here i remember reading that Brighton will not hang around the PL for too long.

two teams I really envy

fantastic recruitment

ambitious owners

managers to be proud of

2 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

two teams I really envy

fantastic recruitment

ambitious owners

managers to be proud of

It was only a couple of seasons ago that I felt this about our Club. 

With the caveat that Hambition, like beauty,  is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by wcorkcanary

I never thought I would say it but we are more like Man Utd than Brentford 

total mess going backwards 

I do think we have a few players maybe are rotten apples 

I have no idea who but something is wrong with this team other than head coach 

The best thing Brentford did was getting shot of Dean Smith.

They started brilliantly last season too, that's so important when you're looking to avoid relegation from the EPL.

2 games in or not, Brentford look at home in the Prem. They can actually win games, they are determined and don't fold under pressure. They are an extremely well run club. We always think we are well run, but are we really? 

Put it this way, could you ever see a Norwich Prem side beating one of the bigger teams like Man Utd 4 nil? It'd never, ever happen. Last season Man Utd were similarly dross and we still managed to lose to them in both games we could have won, especially the home game! 

• Like 1