Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Have we just bought Marcelino Núñez for $4 million?

Just now, Newtopia said:

He looks exciting

He does. A spiritual successor to Buendia, maybe? But - I could get you excited about my Nan off a Youtube video.  In a football sense, of course.(😉)

Btw, Michael Bailey now reporting it and saying something in it. 

• Like 1

Not a prolific scorer, it would seem, but the closest match to Buendia we have seen so far, judging by his highlights!

He looks about 40 😀. But he's only 22 so that's fine.

Great on the video - as they always do. All depends on the defending they're up against - & if they can cope with an upgrade.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Reads like he could be a potential Emi replacement. Can also play fullback.

Still a young lad and might take a while to settle, but seems to be highly regarded.

Here's an interesting tweet.

Adam Brandon is a Norwich fan who works in South America covering in particular Chilean football. Might be worth watching his twitter as he digests this move. He would know this guy better than anyone in respect of how well he might fit in at NCFC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well, if he gives last-minute goals away then I’m sure he’ll fit right in for us!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's a running joke amongst Catolica fans that he runs home from games such is the ground he covers.

South Americans seem to like these sort of jokes, as we've already supposedly got a Brazilian astronaut in our ranks. 

30 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Looking likely. 

He's no Buendia, he scores from free kicks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'Nunez was born to play in a 4-3-3'

Taken from the last paragraph. He could be a very good fit into Smith's formation:

Nunez has been called up to the Chilean National Team while also accruing minutes in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana which could see him gain a work permit for an English club. Norwich City, Leeds United and Arsenal could use a creative midfielder of his ilk who can manipulate space in the final third and add press resistance and creativity from deep. Nunez has spoken of his desire to move to Europe as he highlighted Sevilla and Bayer Leverkusen due to Arturo Vidal beginning his European career with the club. Maurizio Sarri’s Lazio would also be a good club for him to join as Nunez was born to play in a 4-3-3 while Vincenzo Italiano’s Fiorentina would also be an option. Most La Liga and Ligue 1 clubs could use a player of his ilk as Nunez could prove to be inexpensive due to his contract expiring in December 2022 which could see him sold for a sub €8 million price point. Nunez could be one of the more illuminating bargains on the market.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If true seems our South America links working out well then.. And yes, he's a central midfielder 😉

A bit premature to say the South American links are working well when he hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet, the same as Sara!

Surely, we need to wait til we see them before saying it’s working well, after all many people believed the hype about Tzolis being a world beater and look how that turned out! 

4 minutes ago, Mutley said:

'Nunez was born to play in a 4-3-3'

Taken from the last paragraph. He could be a very good fit into Smith's formation:

Nunez has been called up to the Chilean National Team while also accruing minutes in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana which could see him gain a work permit for an English club. Norwich City, Leeds United and Arsenal could use a creative midfielder of his ilk who can manipulate space in the final third and add press resistance and creativity from deep. Nunez has spoken of his desire to move to Europe as he highlighted Sevilla and Bayer Leverkusen due to Arturo Vidal beginning his European career with the club. Maurizio Sarri’s Lazio would also be a good club for him to join as Nunez was born to play in a 4-3-3 while Vincenzo Italiano’s Fiorentina would also be an option. Most La Liga and Ligue 1 clubs could use a player of his ilk as Nunez could prove to be inexpensive due to his contract expiring in December 2022 which could see him sold for a sub €8 million price point. Nunez could be one of the more illuminating bargains on the market.

Shame 4-3-3 does not fit Pukki then.

• Like 1

Hmm. Sounds like he might prefer Spain or Germany. Lets hope we can get this over the line sharpish before it gets scuppered.

Managed by Gus Poyet at Catolica. Married,which is good I feel, as wife will be coming with him I imagine,helping him settle quicker.We can but hope he's as good as he looks on you tube.(I know,I know!!)🤞🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm. Sounds like he might prefer Spain or Germany. Lets hope we can get this over the line sharpish before it gets scuppered.

He's already been sold to us. Deal is done. (According to reports)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

A bit premature to say the South American links are working well when he hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet, the same as Sara!

Surely, we need to wait til we see them before saying it’s working well, after all many people believed the hype about Tzolis being a world beater and look how that turned out! 

It was obviously a comment on where the players we were signing come from rather than a comment about their ability. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow - they just can’t win with some, can they….

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Ok Eeyore, have a day off. Where’s your optimism? 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's already been sold to us. Deal is done. (According to reports)

Pinkun front page confirms we have agreed a fee. We now need to agree his terms and hopefully get a work permit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow - they just can’t win with some, can they….

Nothing to do with that at all, just love how people on this forum think every player they’ve never heard of is good, it’s not a dig at anyone, it’s called waiting to see as I have seen enough players brought in previously that were billed as great yet they were garbage. But hey if you think it’s a dig that’s up to you, and in truth sums up how pathetic this forum is becoming just because somebody has a different opinion to yours.

How many people were creaming their pants about Tzolis as I said? Lots, but as I said that turned out well didn’t it?

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Where are we getting all this money from

Like I said elsewhere, the American link is upp and running. Just waiting for the official announcement. Not a cat in hells chance of signing Sera and Nunez otherwise.

Have paused the video at 02.30 due to excessive salivation at the prospect. Some of the tricks and feints were totally outrageous. 

EMI BUENDIA WHO!!!????  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Nothing to do with that at all, just love how people on this forum think every player they’ve never heard of is good, it’s not a dig at anyone, it’s called waiting to see as I have seen enough players brought in previously that were billed as great yet they were garbage. But hey if you think it’s a dig that’s up to you, and in truth sums up how pathetic this forum is becoming just because somebody has a different opinion to yours.

How many people were creaming their pants about Tzolis as I said? Lots, but as I said that turned out well didn’t it?

Not a single person has suggested this guy is a good player. Not one. You've blustered your way in this thread like a clown in a glass factory and completely missed the point. Not for the first time either. 

giphy.gif.535201fea3659562dec2a1d49924a3c1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2