Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Hibs semi-official match thread*

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

That's a serious lower lip, isn't it?

Is anything happening in the football?

Yes and no.

That was an absolute shocker. Half-expected due to the team largely being the youngsters but Idah in particular did himself no favours. 

Just now, LaUnionCanary said:

Final score 1-0.

Right, well, going by the current trend of people really not being negative, as this lot did better than yesterdays lot, everyone is in agreement that we should start todays team next weekend then? 

Hibs probably Rotherham level. I know it was a pre season game where we played a lot of u21s but that was poor.

maybe it's only gonna be 95 points and 95 goals.

Not ideal, but at the same time, a nice little wake-up call for the lads that they need to be organised, diligent, and that they also realise that there are no easy games in the Championship. Time to taper down the physical training to recover from all the load in pre-season, focus more on tactics, touch, and technique, and let's be ready for Cardiff.

Just now, chicken said:

Right, well, going by the current trend of people really not being negative, as this lot did better than yesterdays lot, everyone is in agreement that we should start todays team next weekend then? 

This lot was absolutely worse than yesterday's lot. Hernandez giving legitimacy to the Sargent winger theory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So zero goals in Scotland. Not looking ready for next week on this dire showing 

You wanted to know what pant wetting looked like... this is it, right here.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

This lot was absolutely worse than yesterday's lot. Hernandez giving legitimacy to the Sargent winger theory.

Look, I was trying to join with the clear majority who are clearly correct on this matter!! 😅😜

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So zero goals in Scotland. Not looking ready for next week on this dire showing 

Maybe you should start a thread about your concerns?🤔

• Like 1

Not bothered at all by the U23s losing to Hibs, apart from Idah who still to me looks nowhere near a player good enough for us. 

Did Hugill get injured? I was surprised to see him come off,although mainly because I didn't notice him come on 🤣

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Maybe you should start a thread about your concerns?🤔

I've run out of reactions again... so you get a gif... 
Clapping Applause GIF - Clapping Applause Bravo - Discover & Share GIFs

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Never mind pant-wetting, has anyone done an Amber Heard yet?

I've told you before, I am not smuggling your chihuahua's into Australia for you in my underpants... 

• Haha 1

We desperately need another striker.

If anyone thinks Idah will ever deliver the goods for us, they're living in delusion central.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Well you know that old saying, a broken clock is still right twice a day... only problem with this one is the cuckoo sounds every bloomin second when it's raining.

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

You really are a nasty piece of work, aren't you, Chicken? I disagree with a lot of what DCB says, especially on religious matters, but he treats his fellow posters with respect, which seems to be a common decency way beyond you.

If you think that post makes @chicken a nasty piece of work, you don’t get out much. Or perhaps more accurately, you do get out a lot, but don’t use the internet often. He tells people what he thinks, which I believe is the idea of the forum, but to my best recollection, is civil with it. There’s far worse on here. And as for NCFC Facebook groups…

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So 1 goal in pre season for Pukki 6 for Hugil.. Does not bode well

But Pukki will start at Cardiff because of the ifs buts and maybe justification. 
I think Pukki could be sn impact sub for us this year

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

“Don’t read too much into pre-season.”

Hasn’t been great though, has it?

Doubt you’d have said that last weekend.  But ultimately it makes no difference what results you get in preseason, they are always mixed and mean very little. 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Well you know that old saying, a broken clock is still right twice a day... only problem with this one is the cuckoo sounds every bloomin second when it's raining.

It's also worth noting that he tried to point out we'd never gone into a season with "three recognised CB's" dismissing Tomkinson as being "unrecognised".

That despite the first promotion season we had Hanley, Zimmermann and Klose with Godfrey who was a DM. That DM became a CB and half of the title winning pairing that played the majority of the season.

Last time out we had Hanley, Zimmermann, Gibson... with Sorensen and Tettey providing cover with Omobamidele making the step up.

This season we have four. Three are currently fit that I can see - Hanley, Omobamidele and Tomkinson - Smith isn't overly concerned about Hanley's knock, bringing him off yesterday was cautionary. 

In virtually every season under Webber we’ve gone in short on centre backs snd central midfield. Crossing our fingers and hoping a couple don’t get injured. It’s pathetic. Same with the central midfield.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

In virtually every season under Webber we’ve gone in short on centre backs snd central midfield. Crossing our fingers and hoping a couple don’t get injured. It’s pathetic. Same with the central midfield.

It’s hard to disagree - we can all see that there are weaknesses in the squad that just don’t seem to get addressed.  The daft thing is that last season after we signed Kabak and Normann, we felt we had done - but neither of them came off.