Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Hibs semi-official match thread*

Or we could ask why we only seem to have two CBs of first team quality available? We definitely need another signed if we are not to be down to one of these when the season starts. Sorenson is not a CB- as we saw yesterday and Byram is injured as often as he is available

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why yes, we let in a goal while playing our under 21 defenders with our 2nd choice goalkeeper in the net during a friendly. It's all over. sound the alarm. Relegation to leauge one waits.

I've already bought the patches, haven't you Cambridge? After yesterday I thought it was as clear as day, we'll be lucky to finish midtable, back to the bad old days of Grant and Roeder. Firesale in January will leave us with our youth team and we'll be like Derby only without Rooney to rescue us.

I've even started to prep for nuclear fallout, such are the ramifications of this match. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Or we could ask why we only seem to have two CBs of first team quality available? We definitely need another signed if we are not to be down to one of these when the season starts. Sorenson is not a CB- as we saw yesterday and Byram is injured as often as he is available

Blasphemy.

Shocking to see you jumping in to stick the boot in so soon.

They should get you up at the academy, would soon root out the problems... with the U9's. 

Edited by chicken

Just now, chicken said:

Blasphemy.

Shocking to see you jumping in to stick the boot in so soon.

They should get you up at the academy, would soon root out the problems... 

I mean, he isn’t wrong.

Our 3 first team CBs have all spent reasonable time out injured in the last few years. We'll be seeing some of these boys in the league I'm sure.

A large point of pre-season is to get the lads match-fit. An almost as important part is getting the players used to playing with each other again under match conditions, and to a lesser extent, they're also an audition for promising youngsters to show if they could step up and step in if needed, or if it looks like they need a bit more seasoning.

Focusing too much on results in these, whether good or bad, is a recipe for delusion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I mean, he isn’t wrong.

In your opinion.  Certainly not mine - I don’t think DCB has ever written anything I agree with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I mean, he isn’t wrong.

Well you know that old saying, a broken clock is still right twice a day... only problem with this one is the cuckoo sounds every bloomin second when it's raining.

It's also worth noting that he tried to point out we'd never gone into a season with "three recognised CB's" dismissing Tomkinson as being "unrecognised".

That despite the first promotion season we had Hanley, Zimmermann and Klose with Godfrey who was a DM. That DM became a CB and half of the title winning pairing that played the majority of the season.

Last time out we had Hanley, Zimmermann, Gibson... with Sorensen and Tettey providing cover with Omobamidele making the step up.

This season we have four. Three are currently fit that I can see - Hanley, Omobamidele and Tomkinson - Smith isn't overly concerned about Hanley's knock, bringing him off yesterday was cautionary. 

Edited by chicken

10 minutes ago, pete said:

Footballers cannot even use these and those and apparently always use them instead, must be the Englisy taught to footballers at the school they all have gone to.  Pundits likely ex players can't speak English/

Scott Parker struggles with the verb 'to be'.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tomkinson looks promising- not sure quite ready for champs yet

If there are no plans to replace Zimmermann then they must think Tomkinson is good enough to be fourth choice and in the unlikely event of three being out at the same time they must think that Sorensen/Byram are good enough to be fifth/sixth choices. 

I think its pretty clear they don't take chances with knocks and strains in pre season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Well you know that old saying, a broken clock is still right twice a day... only problem with this one is the cuckoo sounds every bloomin second when it's raining. 

You really are a nasty piece of work, aren't you, Chicken? I disagree with a lot of what DCB says, especially on religious matters, but he treats his fellow posters with respect, which seems to be a common decency way beyond you.

• Like 5

Watching the odd panicky response reminds me of this meme, somehow. Almost as if peeps can't wait to shoot our lads down a bit!

(May need a trigger warning. Pun intended.)

May be an image of 2 people and text that says ""A group of fish is called a school." Americans:"

Just now, canarybubbles said:

You really are a nasty piece of work, aren't you, Chicken? I disagree with a lot of what DCB says, especially on religious matters, but he treats his fellow posters with respect, which seems to be a common decency way beyond you.

Lol! Really sorry, but he very much does not. I don't suffer fools, why should anyone?

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Lol! Really sorry, but he very much does not. I don't suffer fools, why should anyone?

m'lady

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

You seem to suffer yourself very effectively.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You really need to suffer fools posting on here, packed with em

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

You seem to suffer yourself very effectively.

Vic and Bob handbags on Make a GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Are we playing well and did everyone pay to watch this match? 

Is there a shift going? I think I need to take it... 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are we playing well and did everyone pay to watch this match? 

Fcuk knows. I'm not bothering.

The spats have started mid game so I assume it's a load of **** to watch.

• Haha 1

Just now, ron obvious said:

Where's the blasted stream gone??

And I thought it was just me. 5 quid to stare at a black screen doesn't seem the best value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, chicken said:

Is there a shift going? I think I need to take it... 

Sunday’s are gold dust, two thirds enhancement on your hourly rate. Full house of staff and half the residents are sleeping. 

• Like 1