Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Hibs semi-official match thread*

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So 1 goal in pre season for Pukki 6 for Hugil.. Does not bode well

That's because we don't have a single midfielder capable of playing an early through-ball. We have adapted the system away from Pukki's strengths, completely neutering our biggest attacking threat.

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Full time result? 

F*ck knows. I got bored of the match and so fixed my daughter's PS4 instead. Living life to the max!

Father Rage GIF - Father Rage Break - Discover & Share GIFs

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So zero goals in Scotland. Not looking ready for next week on this dire showing 

Excellent news, normal service resumed from last season. Let's hope we can grab enough 0-0s to avoid the drop 😅

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Hibs probably Rotherham level. I know it was a pre season game where we played a lot of u21s but that was poor.

maybe it's only gonna be 95 points and 95 goals.

9th 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

In virtually every season under Webber we’ve gone in short on centre backs snd central midfield. Crossing our fingers and hoping a couple don’t get injured. It’s pathetic. Same with the central midfield.

I think there is an argument for CB. It'd be wrong of me not to because I am down on here as saying that your ideal 25 player squad has two players for every position in your favoured formation plus one extra keeper (need 3 ideally), an extra CB, an extra CM and then two of your choice really. Some might say a striker, but if favouring 2 strikers, 5 is a tad excessive in one squad. But you want to make sure your engine room is sorted in case of injuries, suspension or perhaps, like with Tettey, just have the option to rest someone.

CM though... we've tended to have the numbers, just not the right balance or quality really bar, perhaps, the season with Skipp, and the season we went up with Trybull, Leitner, Tettey etc.

It's been a glaring issue for me for seasons. Easier to fix from our perspective though. We certainly haven't been short in number though. Not in the 4-2-3-1. 

Edited by chicken

4 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

F*ck knows. I got bored of the match and so fixed my daughter's PS4 instead. Living life to the max!

Father Rage GIF - Father Rage Break - Discover & Share GIFs

OTBC

I can’t fault your discipline with the young ones, hard but fair. 

6 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

No pressure Gabrial Sara. 

From Mr Bailey's article, quoting a Brazilian football expert:

“I looked at him as a scout when he came on the scene in 2019. It’s not like he is a major star here, even in Sao Paulo, but he had a good season last year and they’ve always liked him. Consistency is the missing thing but he has played some decent games.

“I would never consider him a box-to-box player but Norwich will have done their homework and see how he can fit into their side. He’s 23, so he has got time to develop and I’m sure Norwich are planning to take his basic tools and improve them.”

Damnde with very faint praise indeed. Let's see if he turns out to be our Angel Gabriel or an Astronaut.

Edited by GenerationA47
Brazilian not 'Braziian'