Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Stephan Phillips steps down as director

Thanks for what you've done Stephan. Not sure exactly what it's been as you've relatively quiet but I'm sure it's been worthwhile. Make sure your replacement is really rich. Or jar jar binks. At least that would be funny!

Official site:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/stephan-phillips-steps-down-from-board-position

Interesting developments.  Especially that Bailey says this was on the cards regardless.  Does make me wonder if we actively sought investment throughout the season (As was reported here around November).

It could well be true that Foulger also showed intent to pull-out, too?!  There could be anything going on behind the scenes.

And yes, as above, thank you Stephan - I too haven't a clue what you did other than looking grand in an office, I can only respect that in a man.

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Official site:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/stephan-phillips-steps-down-from-board-position

Interesting developments.  Especially that Bailey says this was on the cards regardless.  Does make me wonder if we actively sought investment throughout the season (As was reported here around November).

It could well be true that Foulger also showed intent to pull-out, too?!  There could be anything going on behind the scenes.

And yes, as above, thank you Stephan - I too haven't a clue what you did other than looking grand in an office, I can only respect that in a man.

Yeah I raised an eyebrow at the suggestion this was always going to happen. I remember similar was said when Kensell left and it didn't sound true at all.

It doesn't clear the way for a US director, since such could be brought in without anyone leaving, but I would say it is likely that there will be a replacement for Phillips from one side or other of the Atlantic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Seems a bit odd. Stepping down to spend more time with the family; just how time-consuming was his role?!

One thing he seemed to like was a joke of this nature.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

One thing he seemed to like was a joke of this nature.

I still think the Ryan Giggs retirement quote beats them all..... " I want to spend more time with my brothers family". 😇

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I still think the Ryan Giggs retirement quote beats them all..... " I want to spend more time with my brothers family". 😇

Based on the bond board at Colney perhaps Sttephan will be spending more time with his girlfriend's family now they have both collected their profits from same.

At least he won't be at the AGM with no shares in his own name despite having initially being an Associate Director.

Maybe the Americans weren't impressed?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Based on the bond board at Colney perhaps Sttephan will be spending more time with his girlfriend's family now they have both collected their profits from same.

At least he won't be at the AGM with no shares in his own name despite having initially being an Associate Director.

Oh stop, I'm in stitches.😇

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Does his wife know he’s got a girlfriend ? 😂

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Seems a bit odd. Stepping down to spend more time with the family; just how time-consuming was his role?!

He hosted the last 2/3 agms and was quite funny, used to cut people off if their questions went on too long 😀

Didn't "Stepping down to spend more time with the family" be red top tabloid speak for erm....y'know like walked before pushed or summit like that?.....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Diane said:

He hosted the last 2/3 agms and was quite funny, used to cut people off if their questions went on too long 😀

Diane, surely that was never necessary?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Does his wife know he’s got a girlfriend ? 😂

If she reads the message board, someone could be in the doghouse. Got to give him some credit though for the plan B.

He spelt his name wrong and it wound me up. Glad he's gone for that reason.😉

• Haha 1

Whatever, another badly handled piece of press.  If there is nothing to see here, why wait this long to publicise it?  And why did Bailey break it, rather than the club?  I smell bullshìt.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Diane, surely that was never necessary?

Only when the question started referring to the size of scampi portions… 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Whatever, another badly handled piece of press.  If there is nothing to see here, why wait this long to publicise it?  And why did Bailey break it, rather than the club?  I smell bullshìt.

On twitter ncfc broke it first, Michael just after them and Connor after that

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Don't you get tired thinking through this sort of paranoid ****? Not everything is some big conspiracy to hide something. Not everything has double meaning. This is just the retirement of a director. Paperwork needs to be filed, that takes time, it's not that big of a deal. Go out, enjoy the sunshine. Try not to overthink things. 

19 minutes ago, Diane said:

On twitter ncfc broke it first, Michael just after them and Connor after that

Noo - don’t let facts get in the way of a nice conspiracy/stick to beat the club with!

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It doesn't clear the way for a US director, since such could be brought in without anyone leaving, but I would say it is likely that there will be a replacement for Phillips from one side or other of the Atlantic.

Could be that the US guys were pretty much just like.... "we like a 5 man board, what does this chap bring to the table exactly?" 

Nobody could really answer. 

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yup, especially with vacancies if you consider a typical set up when it comes to some roles. 

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Very insightful Purple. One side of the other is a given I would think.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bert said:

Rats and sinking ship springs to mind 

Tw@ts and talking sh1t spring to mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Spare seat going on the away day executive jet....make that 2 seats, if Chicken Micky throws in the towel....

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Spare seat going on the away day executive jet....make that 2 seats, if Chicken Micky throws in the towel....

Perhaps they will pay £200 each for the luxury coach in future?