Sign in to follow this  
Chelm Canary

Billy sharp headbutted.

Need stitches and the so called fan ran off. 

What a way to ruin your team's win in a playoff and then the coward sprints off. 

Sickening behaviour. There is nothing lower.

He has been trappy a few times he has visited the Carra so probably provoked it 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

“Probably” provoked it. Sums it up really. You have absolutely “no” idea why this happened at all!

The 6-10 second video is doing the rounds on social media, he didn't provoke anything. It was a savage violent assault. Utter scum, the bloke that did it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

I mean I too think Sharp is a bit of a twit but nobody deserves to be headbutted ffs

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

The idiot has been arrested but clubs need to do more to stop these pitch invasions.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke63 said:

The idiot has been arrested but clubs need to do more to stop these pitch invasions.

There's not much you can do apart from put 10 fences at the front of the stand like they do at some grounds in the continent, which nobody wants to see. Definitely need to make an example out of this chump though, lengthy custodial sentence.

What is bizarre about this is that Sharp did a year on loan at Forest, and didn't set the world alight but reached double figures and finished as their top scorer! 

Well, someone's been arrested. Arrests at football matches are increasing as well and are at their highest level in years. I would hope that's due to police being more diligent in spotting and dealing with offences, but it simply could be there are more feral cretins in there now.

Billy Sharp: Man arrested after Sheffield United captain assaulted following play-off defeat by Nottingham Forest - BBC Sport

43 minutes ago, duke63 said:

What can they do? 10 to 20 stewards being paid minimum wage and who would rather be anywhere else vs 20,000 plus fans? 

Who do you thinks gonna win?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I'm not surprised tbh. I made a comment on a thread last night about pitch invasions. Huddersfield fans invaded the pitch too. Something needs to be done as it's only a matter of time before more players are assaulted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What can they do? 10 to 20 stewards being paid minimum wage and who would rather be anywhere else vs 20,000 plus fans? 

Who do you thinks gonna win?

Well I assume they are mostly ST holders to have gotten tickets for a play-off semi so it wouldn't be particularly difficult to ban them.

The police should be taking an interest too and Forest should be fined.

This is the thing - joyous pitch invasions have gone on for donkeys years, it would be pretty crap if they were completely banned (even though they sort of are).

• Like 1

Hopefully enough evidence to charge the absolute tool and that he is given a harsh sentence and then locked up with a 22 stone of pure muscle Blades supporter....

Now, that would be justice.... 

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not surprised tbh. I made a comment on a thread last night about pitch invasions. Huddersfield fans invaded the pitch too. Something needs to be done as it's only a matter of time before more players are assaulted.

So a tiny minority are thuggish and you want to ban all pitch invasions which are part of our football heritage?

So ban all nightclubs because a few idiots fight when drunk? Horse racing.. ban alcohol because a few can't handle their drink at meetings?

Sorry but banning things because others did unacceptable actions is what got us banned from Europe and denied us trips abroad following our most successful side

Not for me..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So a tiny minority are thuggish and you want to ban all pitch invasions which are part of our football heritage?

So ban all nightclubs because a few idiots fight when drunk? Horse racing.. ban alcohol because a few can't handle their drink at meetings?

Sorry but banning things because others did unacceptable actions is what got us banned from Europe and denied us trips abroad following our most successful side

Not for me..

They are already ‘banned’, by way of it being a criminal offence to go on to a football pitch. 

16 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Been banned since 1991 you plonker.

1 minute ago, corbs said:

About as banned as Fox hunting 

And ministerial parties during lockdown. 

As above , joyous pitch invasions are tolerated. Tw@s like that guy last night spoil a great celebration. 

6 weeks hard labour. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Been banned since 1991 you plonker.

Pitch invasion still happen plonker .... and will....plonker.

44 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think the key word here is 'invasion'. 

I guess if you wanted to spin it 'a special pitch operation' might do the trick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think increased drug use especially post lockdowns has something to do it. In my work there’s an avalanche of younger people coming into the system with a dual diagnosis. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

In my work there’s an avalanche of younger people coming into the system with dual diagnosis

The worrying thing is the amount of youth seeking escapism and turning to drugs, when I was younger drugs was very much recreational and then people would get caught up in it as result.  But more people are coming in at a completely different angle today.

Just glad I didn't grow up in this world of one-upmanship, and "I'm holier than you" mentality across social media.  That brings it's own pressures and makes people feel like ****.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The worrying thing is the amount of youth seeking escapism and turning to drugs, when I was younger drugs was very much recreational and then people would get caught up in it as result.  But more people are coming in at a completely different angle today.

Just glad I didn't grow up in this world of one-upmanship, and "I'm holier than you" mentality across social media.  That brings it's own pressures and makes people feel like ****.

Unfortunately I think we’ll see this problem a lot more ourselves next season. The Championship and other lower leagues have the more tribal type fans and very few plastics. Worrying times indeed. 

I'm probably old and out of touch but I can't understand why there is any need to invade the pitch. Let the players enjoy their moment of glory by celebrating on the pitch . Just as crazy for players to jump into the crowd when they score . Or even taking their shirt off knowing they will get a yellow card. Bring back celebrations like fashanus 1 raised finger and walk back to half way line. 

Ah well, at least there will never be such worries at Carra Rud as Norwich fans are probably the only fan base in the UK who buck the tradition of pitch invasions. 'Normal for Norfolk'.

All the best. Big K. Scott.

Looking at the video the wnaker is just running around, spots Sharp and then crashes into him. So he knew exactly what he was doing at that moment and should get a custodial

• Like 1

Explain to me why a fan of a club, who’s clearly fired up enough to be so excited about the win, not only runs onto the pitch but attacks a player knowing that either is likely to result in a long, if not life-long, ban from watching their beloved team? It’s amazing people like this manage to get dressed in the morning.

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Why the last two words ?

No wonder you get such a bad press on here

Its cool.. I'm not offended.