Bert

I want my Farke back

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

And Webber gone

That is all

You'll get your first wish but very sadly not the 2nd as he'll be managing another team in the Championship.

What is it with Norwich fans always wanting to go back to players and staff who have moved on.  The second time around rarely works. 

• Like 6

I will be honest.... Easier to get behind a team lead by Daniel for next season that a team lead by Shakey & Co! 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Ren said:

What is it with Norwich fans always wanting to go back to players and staff who have moved on.  The second time around rarely works. 

Whats funny is that Dean still has a better record with Norwich in the Prem than Daniel ever did and I think that says enough.

Nostalgia is a blinding thing. If we still had Fark now and were will in the same position the same people saying they want Farke back now would be the  people who would be screaming for his sacking.

what you want is a Farke Mk II 

The first Farke was fantastic in the champs then found wanting in the PL 

that is like so many of our players 

We need someone who can get results in the PL 

Farke has a better record than Smith in the Championship; he's won it twice!!

I have absolutely zero confidence in Smith, his leadership, motivational skills, tactics, style of play etc etc. To me he looks like a rabbit in headlights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seriously though, would it ever happen? Even if Dean Smith resigned at the end of the season, would Delia & Webber honestly go back to Farke?

I trust in Deano to mould us into a well rounded team with more pace, power and height but without losing the technical flair.

Farkeball could never work in the top tier without buying in £30M+ individuals and the effort to adapt it last summer into a system with wingers and no DMs was insane.

Deano won't be so naive.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

but without losing the technical flair.

What technical flair? We've got no technical flair to lose, we've a squad full of mediocre old cloggers.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I trust in Deano to mould us into a well rounded team with more pace, power and height but without losing the technical flair.

Farkeball could never work in the top tier without buying in £30M+ individuals and the effort to adapt it last summer into a system with wingers and no DMs was insane.

Deano won't be so naive.

I'm not sure what games you've been watching but he's definitely been fairly naive tactically so far!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whats funny is that Dean still has a better record with Norwich in the Prem than Daniel ever did and I think that says enough.

Depends on your metric. Daniel had 38 games with a squad that had £250,000 spent on it. He then had 11 games, of which 4 were against the best teams in the league.

• Like 5

Ffs! Get over it, Farke has been gone months, yet people still bleating they want him back? He had a woeful top flight record that would have seen us relegated in January probably! 

Just cos he’s won the Championship here twice doesn’t guarantee he would do it again, the squad is woeful, and he did **** all with it so why would it be different in the Championship?

FARKE HAS GONE AND IS NOT COMING BACK GET OVER IT!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nostalgia is a blinding thing. If we still had Fark now and were will in the same position the same people saying they want Farke back now would be the  people who would be screaming for his sacking.

Its not just about the results though. For me its the style of football. Just can't see what Dean Smith is trying to do and he and Shakey have had plenty of time to instill their preferred style of play, irrespective of the players. We are weak at the back, weak in the middle and weak at the front. It really us boring to watch and I am rapidly losing interest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ren said:

Seems to be working for Luton quite well.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Seems to be working for Luton quite well.

What a job Collins has done at Luton. I'd have been happy to see him at Carrow Road.

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Its not just about the results though. For me its the style of football. Just can't see what Dean Smith is trying to do and he and Shakey have had plenty of time to instill their preferred style of play, irrespective of the players. We are weak at the back, weak in the middle and weak at the front. It really us boring to watch and I am rapidly losing interest.

Sigh. NO!

Farke was given 2 transfer windows, summers of pre season and a whole season to implement his style of play...in the far inferior Championship.....and even then it didn't click until mid September of his second season, there were plenty calling for his head until then (1-1 at Portaloo Road anyone? Battle at the bottom).

Smith has had hardly any time. He's had to try and change it in the PL after an embarrassing start. He recognised the limitations and weaknesses and set us up accordingly. They doesn't mean that's how he wants us to play or how we will in the championship next season, it was simply trying to do the best with one of the worst PL squads in history.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Depends on your metric. Daniel had 38 games with a squad that had £250,000 spent on it. He then had 11 games, of which 4 were against the best teams in the league.

Also depends on context.

Liverpool and Man City obviously were and are the best teams in the league.

Arsenal were most definitely not one of the best teams in the league at that point. Lost 3 in a row without scoring. Then barely troubled against us. Leicester...are 14th. Not played well all season yet, we looked weak and rarely threatened.

My metric is my eyes. Farkes Norwich was even worse than Smith's. Smith had a plan, one that showed promise. Farke had lost all sense of his own philosophy and partially retrieved it for too late.

20 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Sigh. NO!

Farke was given 2 transfer windows, summers of pre season and a whole season to implement his style of play...in the far inferior Championship.....and even then it didn't click until mid September of his second season, there were plenty calling for his head until then (1-1 at Portaloo Road anyone? Battle at the bottom).

Smith has had hardly any time. He's had to try and change it in the PL after an embarrassing start. He recognised the limitations and weaknesses and set us up accordingly. They doesn't mean that's how he wants us to play or how we will in the championship next season, it was simply trying to do the best with one of the worst PL squads in history.

Still boring! I can only judge on what I have seen. Not the hope that he will bring players in and play attractive football. Thats wishful thinking and there is no evidence to support. He had really good players at Villa but was unable to get them to play.

• Like 1

I think Farke panicked and lost his way due to the pressure put on him by Webber.
Also the media can not be ignored we were down before a ball had been kicked.

We panicked when Lampard rejected us and appointed Smith.
A man who has no real ethos and had already lost his way at Villa.

I want a fresh start and I want Dean Smith fired.
A new manager to do a total rebuild using a Norwich ethos, ok so we might have to have a torrid time next year but aim for promotion back to the Prem in 23/24. 
Part of me wants Daniel back but like any ex, when they start leaving dirty pants around and doing all of those things that wound you up in the first place you remember why you dumped them.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What technical flair? We've got no technical flair to lose, we've a squad full of mediocre old cloggers.

And who is responsible for that? Farke had influence over transfers, even if Webber had the ultimate say. Smith has had none.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

What a job Collins has done at Luton. I'd have been happy to see him at Carrow Road.

Nathan Jones in his second spell.

Paul Warne recruited over the summer and a piccy of him quaffin' a pint o' Wherry before kick-off....

People wanting Farke back, yet in October/ November they were baying for his blood.  Let's not forget when he was sacked we'd only just picked up our first win of the season in NOVEMBER.  Remember the Leeds (H) game, where Farke had completely given up his philosophy and we were just lumping it forward with no plan at all?  I do.

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And who is responsible for that? Farke had influence over transfers, even if Webber had the ultimate say. Smith has had none.

Did he?  Genuine question, as I was under the impression that his influence was minimal, if he had any at all.

51 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

we looked weak and rarely threatened.

Please. don't revise history to suit your argument. That's just wrong. We played well against Leicester; Pukki missed two decent chances and the equaliser was disallowed by VAR because Cantwell "impeded" Schmiechel. We were very much in the game right to the end. A point was the least we deserved that day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Please. don't revise history to suit your argument. That's just wrong. We played well against Leicester; Pukki missed two decent chances and the equaliser was disallowed by VAR because Cantwell "impeded" Schmiechel. We were very much in the game right to the end. A point was the least we deserved that day.

The rewriting was already done when it was claimed we played 4 of the best teams in the league. We didn't.

Ok I should've been more specific. We looked weak in defence. And we rarely threatened considering we were playing a very poor Leicester side. 

We did deserve more that day and yet didn't get it. Damning.

Edited by Fiery Zac