yellow_belly

Webber to go this week.

Oh well I always thought the plan or should I say vision was a good but the problem is the execution was bit iffy particularly in the premiership.

Though it is a given that any club cannot keep selling your best players and expect things to get better there is always a correction.

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not really, you just have blind opposition to them.

Go on then, tell me what joy I should get out of Delia and Michael running Norwich? 

Webber is a good DOF that i feel just got above his station with i am ready to leave , i want to go but owners love me etc 

if he was to leave i imagine the Shadow Neil Adams will be promoted 

will NA be the very best DOF that the club can attract in world football ?

because as a business /  club  that is what we should be looking at

Webber was at the time just what we needed and one of the best at what he done at the time  and hopefully he has put the building bricks foundation down 

but we should as a club be looking to Hire the very best we can afford and get in the world not just EX players etc 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not really, you just have blind loyalty to them

I don't see anything blind about appreciating what's been done and weighing up the chances of getting someone better.

What is blind is assuming the unknown will be better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't see anything blind about appreciating what's been done and weighing up the chances of getting someone better.

Indeed but if someone isn’t as focused as he was 5 years ago it can be more destructive to keep them. From what’s been said in the briefs Neal Adams has been doing a superb job in his roles and could probably step up, especially as he’s already in the system, the old Liverpool boot room days of promoting from within.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Some of them have yet to go through any really hard times yet Nutty. I seriously doubt that many who are so full of it at the moment would be able to stick it out.

You tell em guys 👏😉

tumblr_ly4ftiqdn61r5z5hmo5_250.gifv.gif

Edited by Mengo

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not really.

Never said I would be happy with just anyone. I just don’t see what Delia and Michael bring to the table. They certainly cannot back us financially! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed but if someone isn’t as focused as he was 5 years ago it can be more destructive to keep them. From what’s been said in the briefs Neal Adams has been doing a superb job in his roles and could probably step up, especially as he’s already in the system, the old Liverpool boot room days of promoting from within.

Indy, I was replying to the point that I had blind loyalty in the owners. I don't. But I do appreciate what they've done and the amount of their personal wealth they have invested. Yes we could do better but the blind faith that we would do better baffles me when you look at all the similar sized clubs.

Results will do for Webber not events. He was at loggerheads with the fans in 2018 but once we went top the next season he was forgiven. If he's still here next season we will have to hit the ground running. If we are losing in the champs he will be toast.

13 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not really.

Never said I would be happy with just anyone. I just don’t see what Delia and Michael bring to the table. They certainly cannot back us financially! 

So you haven't got an alternative but you want them gone because half their wealth hasn't been enough for you.

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Indy, I was replying to the point that I had blind loyalty in the owners. I don't. But I do appreciate what they've done and the amount of their personal wealth they have invested. Yes we could do better but the blind faith that we would do better baffles me when you look at all the similar sized clubs.

Results will do for Webber not events. He was at loggerheads with the fans in 2018 but once we went top the next season he was forgiven. If he's still here next season we will have to hit the ground running. If we are losing in the champs he will be toast.

Appreciate that, indeed as you know I’ve come to terms that it really doesn’t matter who the owners are, it’s only about the way things are implemented and if they strive to continue trying to improve the club then who can really criticise! 
Yes Webber to me has run his course as McNally had before him, but that’s just my view! 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes Exactly how i feel 

looks like we are in a worse position than we were last time without splashing all the money up the wall 

last time we still had farke to get us out of the championship also 

this season is just a complete mess DOF going up a mountain / arguments in the street

Midfield that will all be gone in summer back to their own clubs 

Total Rebuild and a new spine is needed but the money has been wasted 

We also had a fair few sellable assets last time. This time we only have aarons and I suspect his value has halved. 

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Go on then, tell me what joy I should get out of Delia and Michael running Norwich? 

You didn’t enjoy any of the recent promotion seasons? 

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You didn’t enjoy any of the recent promotion seasons? 

True Ever since someone throw there season ticket at Bryan Gunn during the Colchester game it has been a golden age to be a Norwich fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not really.

Mel Morris backed Derby financially. That went well.

Having a wealthy owner is no guarantee of success, or even funding - isn’t one of QPR’s major shareholders one of the world’s richest men? Having a rich owner who does spend money on the club is similarly no guarantee of success, it can actually jeopardise the club’s survival. Again see Derby, or that lot down the road, or numerous other clubs.

Success is achieved by an unpredictable cocktail of many different things, and an owner who will spend (not invest) their money is just one of them. We have owners who are supporters, who are experienced in running a club, having seen the downside as well as the up, who have built a long-term plan and have achieved a great deal. We are a club who do things differently, we’re not part of the money dominated entertainment business, we get to the PL by doing things differently and I’m proud to support a club like that. I still believe that with a couple of decent player purchases and a following wind (e.g. no serious injuries, no global pandemic) we can stay up next time we get promoted.

• Like 2

Webber, and McNally before him, are human shields for the board. Whilst SW should obviously shoulder some of the blame, it’s of course decisions above him that have a say also.

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They saved us as a club.  That's the very definition of backing someone financially isn't it?

People continually fall down to the fallacy that owners should be pumping money and clubs getting into debt in order to compete - it's not the correct way, just give your head a tap before thinking it's the correct route for any sporting club to go down.  Then give it another tap and ask yourself why you're not happy until we have an owner who's prepared to loan us money we can't possibly generate back.

We're a club without debt, no need to be bankrolled, and we've had some great rides under their control.  Those seasons with Lambert, and what we just experienced with Farke have been amazing. We've had players representing their nations across Europe, appearing at major tournaments, and beat one of the best 'super' teams ever in world football in Man City.

Yes, it's all a bit ****ty right now, but that's more to do with a man who went on an ego trip this season - the only crime were Delia and Michael putting absolute trust in him. But they'll be the first to admit that they're still learning. 

Look down the league pyramid and it's a scattering of failed rich owners.  You can laugh at Delia & MWJ, maybe, and this 'little' Norwich sentiment.  But I don't think anyone would consider their reign as a failure or inadequate for us - surely?!  

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes Exactly how i feel 

looks like we are in a worse position than we were last time without splashing all the money up the wall 

last time we still had farke to get us out of the championship also 

this season is just a complete mess DOF going up a mountain / arguments in the street

Midfield that will all be gone in summer back to their own clubs 

Total Rebuild and a new spine is needed but the money has been wasted 

We don't really know the money has been wasted in terms of next season. Its plausible for example that PLM, Sargent and Rashica are core and vital players next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So you haven't got an alternative but you want them gone because half their wealth hasn't been enough for you.

I think that their investment has worked very well for them. Indeed these days you could not buy a club of our size for so little.

These days they don't invest in the club and I feel there are massive problems with the structure and approach. 

We have statements about giving 90% and being top 26, that will have an effect on staff, both playing and not playing. A lack of checks and balances that have seen the away scheme and the sponsorship debacle, and a complete failure at recruitment level. We have a DoF directly seeking confrontation with fans, that just would not be tolerated by other professional clubs.

On top of this we are seeing an exodus of excellent staff, whom I hear are not happy with the leadership or direction of the club.

At a time where we need everyone giving their all and motivating the club, we find a small bunch of people, not interested in seeking answers (books tours getting in the way) or stating they can leave whenever.

Its not a well run club, its a mess and I think the fine City needs a lot better.

The argument that it could get worse is, in my opinion wrong. Doing nothing will make it worse abd I am sure that with effort and hard work, a solution could be found.

Frankly, this season has been a disaster for the club and its future support.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think that their investment has worked very well for them. Indeed these days you could not buy a club of our size for so little.

These days they don't invest in the club and I feel there are massive problems with the structure and approach. 

We have statements about giving 90% and being top 26, that will have an effect on staff, both playing and not playing. A lack of checks and balances that have seen the away scheme and the sponsorship debacle, and a complete failure at recruitment level. We have a DoF directly seeking confrontation with fans, that just would not be tolerated by other professional clubs.

On top of this we are seeing an exodus of excellent staff, whom I hear are not happy with the leadership or direction of the club.

At a time where we need everyone giving their all and motivating the club, we find a small bunch of people, not interested in seeking answers (books tours getting in the way) or stating they can leave whenever.

Its not a well run club, its a mess and I think the fine City needs a lot better.

The argument that it could get worse is, in my opinion wrong. Doing nothing will make it worse abd I am sure that with effort and hard work, a solution could be found.

Frankly, this season has been a disaster for the club and its future support.

How has their investment worked well for them? That would be true if the club was sold for the millions suggested on here. So who are the buyers and what are their intentions? If there aren't buyers then should they just walk away because Kenny foggo wants shot of them?

And if you don't think we could get worse then I really don't think you've even started to look around and think it through. I suspect for some reason it's a personal issue.

• Like 1

Talk about fans over exaggeration to suit arguments etc 😅

Webber directly seeking confrontation with fans? You mean fans standing outside the city stand with a duvet shouting and calling him a c*nt? Did they not want anyone to come out? I mean the bloke was an idiot by the sounds of things and done nothing to help himself but its a weird societal problem that some on here think its fine for a bunch of grown men to shout at an employee of the club and calling him a c*nt because he didn't perform to their expectations. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webber directly seeking confrontation with fans? You mean fans standing outside the city stand with a duvet shouting and calling him a c*nt? Did they not want anyone to come out? I mean the bloke was an idiot by the sounds of things and done nothing to help himself but its a weird societal problem that some on here think its fine for a bunch of grown men to shout at an employee of the club and calling him a c*nt because he didn't perform to their expectations. 

The shout was actually “Where is that **** Webber?” And out Webber came. And it’s been blown out of all proportion. I’ve got all respect for people actually making their views heard but this was literally half a dozen blokes, a bed sheet and not a dog in sight.

I know we’re all p1ssed off but I’ve read no end of posts here and elsewhere asking where the f*** Webber is and when is Webber going to show his face etc etc. he did a National press interview and fronted the handful of chaps calling him a Bobby Hunt. 🤷🏻‍♂️ And now he gets slated for that. I always thought the calls for a statement were daft because what could he say until the season was done? Nothing. Nothing that would appease or explain and to be fair to him, he hasn’t thrown the players under the bus or admitted any personal failure; he’s made himself the focus, perhaps intentionally, for non-football reasons.

Unfortunately, however strongly you feel, painting some linen with “Delia Out” and calling employees **** won’t get it done. As much as I get on with Gary at MFW and I respect his opinions, saying stuff about folk for who “Delia is Queen” won’t either. I’ve never heard or seen anything to suggest that anybody feels that way. Yet again, it’s being simplified to the nth degree, that there must be someone. Stating as fact that the available tranche of shares is a “publicity stunt”, assuming articles from years ago aren’t superseded by ones more recent or that the board lie to the shareholding when they say that no approaches have been made is, in all likelihood, just moulding facts to fit a position. (For clarification, this isn’t at all levelled at Gary and his article but at what I’ve seen posted here and elsewhere)

The point, as always, is that they can’t just resign. They can’t. They might even like to, but they have a responsibility to every other shareholder. And, yes, “it’s of their own doing”, because none of us (that’s not fair, not enough of us) thought the club was a sound enough investment. I don’t know a single person that would oppose new ownership if it was to purchase a majority shareholding with new money via the 1,000,000 shares with commitments to further invest/expand the ground/safeguard the future of Carrow Road and community assets. If that person is around, I’m not sure they’ll be attracted by screaming **** at the directors entrance. Just have a plan. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Like 2

You don't hear many voices pointing out the huge noise there was to get rid of Farke before he left. Now Webber is a scapegoat for caving in to the incessant demands of that group. 

Webber has done a great job for the club, just like McNally did. The hounding of him really uderlines why no football professionals should be sentimental about the clubs they work for and simply move on when fans turn nasty towards them. He should no more apologise for reacting to fan abuse than the abusive fans would apologise for being abusive in the first place .

Webber and Farke were a great partnership that were good for the club. I blame a toxic section of fans for destroying it first and foremost by, as always, refusing to manage their own expectations. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Mel Morris backed Derby financially. That went well.

Having a wealthy owner is no guarantee of success, or even funding - isn’t one of QPR’s major shareholders one of the world’s richest men? Having a rich owner who does spend money on the club is similarly no guarantee of success, it can actually jeopardise the club’s survival. Again see Derby, or that lot down the road, or numerous other clubs.

Success is achieved by an unpredictable cocktail of many different things, and an owner who will spend (not invest) their money is just one of them. We have owners who are supporters, who are experienced in running a club, having seen the downside as well as the up, who have built a long-term plan and have achieved a great deal. We are a club who do things differently, we’re not part of the money dominated entertainment business, we get to the PL by doing things differently and I’m proud to support a club like that. I still believe that with a couple of decent player purchases and a following wind (e.g. no serious injuries, no global pandemic) we can stay up next time we get promoted.

For every Derby, there’s a Leicester. For every QPR, there’s a Newcastle. Back on the roundabout again of the same thing we hear every time. 

As for “a couple of decent player purchases”, do you seriously believe the football club will be backed in that way by the current regime? 

13 hours ago, ricardo said:

Some of them have yet to go through any really hard times yet Nutty. I seriously doubt that many who are so full of it at the moment would be able to stick it out.

Or just not as accepting of failure 

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well he arguably started the confrontation with his interview, yet another interview where he had several digs at the fans. And then according to witnesses prompted the more personal abuse by coming out and blowing kisses at fans snd telling them he can leave whenever he wants. So I don’t think it was all one way. 

11 hours ago, Indy said:

The old boot room approach was in the 80’s, do Liverpool do it now? What briefs are saying he is doing a superb job? If he is now heavily involved and thus ready to step up, why does Webber get all the blame for a poor season? Adams was in the role during the botched Farke sacking for example.

And if Webber has been so terrible as half this board has made out, surely the guy who has learnt everything from him has learnt bad habits? Why would you want continuation when it’s deemed what will be continued has been a disaster?

Edited by hertfordyellow

21 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well he arguably started the confrontation with his interview, yet another interview where he had several digs at the fans. And then according to witnesses prompted the more personal abuse by coming out and blowing kisses at fans snd telling them he can leave whenever he wants. So I don’t think it was all one way. 

I dont think doing an interview with the times (you must tell me what bits were digs at the fans, I cant seem to find any) about a charity venture - Duncan was there way before I walked past so best to read what he said happened above.

Like I say, stupid from Webber to even get involved when those outside had no intention of discussion and just wanted to swear and abuse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont think doing an interview with the times (you must tell me what bits were digs at the fans, I cant seem to find any) about a charity venture - Duncan was there way before I walked past so best to read what he said happened above.

Like I say, stupid from Webber to even get involved when those outside had no intention of discussion and just wanted to swear and abuse.

It's only stupid if he's desperate to hang onto the job; I don't think that has ever been the case. 

I hate that there are so many football fans that feel entitled to be personally abusive when the club is not getting results and I'm glad to see him express his well-founded contempt for them. 

The lack of professionalism throughout the club and the reliance on Webber is very disconcerting.

Yes he is arrogant, confrontational and a (this sounds harsher than I really mean it) proven failure at this level. However, the ownership have no idea how to manage a football club and I worry that should Webber walk/be pushed, we'll end up with a clown like Jez Moxey out of desperation within a year.