yellow_belly

Webber to go this week.

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

The rumours coming out of the club is that Webber is off, but Walking or pushed?!

What is true is that S&J hate the general good name of the club being damaged. This was certainly the case when the club was - I think for the first time in its history - charged with breaking the ethics rules over the poaching of Lambert and his team from Colchester. That went down very badly with them. I can well believe the sight of Webber in a public row with supporters will have equally annoyed them. At the least I would expect Webber to have to make a public apology.

10 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

The rumours coming out of the club is that Webber is off, but Walking or pushed?!

He'll be guided out on fixed ropes with everybody else carrying his gear for him and doing most of the hard work. 🤭🤣

Apples

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Despite the protections of a few (and a demand for “facts”) there is a growing feeling in the ground, in the city , in the pubs and on the trains that the Club is not in a good place , aside from simple league position .

Webber is an advocate of straight talking and “ignoring the noise” but his 24 hours on Saturday are PROBABLY (no facts just subjective) the worst for his own reputation he has endured for a very long time . it’s hard to always ignore the noise as he demonstrated on Saturday.

It reflects badly on an already embattled (some would subjectively say disastrous) PR position for the Club. 

Something is going to change . When it gets like this , it usually (not a fact) does . 

• Like 4

Just now, Yellow Green Army said:

But who’s going to pay for the Everest descent if he walks?

It's the descent I'm worried about. If his football career is any indication, he'll get up there with style but coming down will be an embarrassing shambles.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Sounds like a premium double glazed window.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

What is true is that S&J hate the general good name of the club being damaged. This was certainly the case when the club was - I think for the first time in its history - charged with breaking the ethics rules over the poaching of Lambert and his team from Colchester. That went down very badly with them. I can well believe the sight of Webber in a public row with supporters will have equally annoyed them. At the least I would expect Webber to have to make a public apology.

While I'm sure Delia et al were far from impressed with Webber's behaviour (Though the culture has allowed him to behave that way), it will leave her horribly exposed. Webber can deflect criticism in a way that Delia would find much harder to do and it will be very interesting what happens from here. I don't see Webber as the apologetic type. 

As an aside, when McNally poached Lambert I had no problem at all with it. Most clubs do that. You don't wait around, if there's something you want that go for it. It turned out to be a great piece of business and the fact that we broke the rules was neither here nor there as the end justified the means. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Very good question. If he wanted to go in June, presumably he would have walked then without compensation? Perhaps enough money would have been saved to avoid the season ticket rise. Therefore that is exactly what we should go back to.

Isn’t his a rolling one year contract? So in all likelihood we let it expire or he can walk before.

It wasn’t very likely he was going to front the media at the end of the season and say “I’ll get it right next time”. No one would believe him. Out the door is his only move as well as being right for the club 

I mean you can't quite come out to the media and talk about how your heart isn't in and you'd rather be climbing a mountain and how the owners were begging you to stay as you wanted to leave and not expect heat.. And that's without the fan confrontation!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Isn’t his a rolling one year contract? So in all likelihood we let it expire or he can walk before.

A 12 month rolling contract doesn’t expire. From each day , the contract lasts for 12 months . These are the sort of contracts our managers used to get - when they leave they take a years money .

If that is what Webber is on? 

• Like 1

I think we are seeing unfold is that it was Daniel or Stuart... Stuart won. You could see that pain on Delia's face post Brentford win.  (Edit. Ref Our Brentford Away win)

Wrong call at the time. It was Stuart's head to go. A Footballing ethos through the club, patterns of play, youth development are way more to me as a fan that the EP'ishy'L ... 

The prize on offer is finish 17th to 9th. That is no a prize. 

In the Chumps... We know who we are... We will have our name on that Trophy more times than Liverpool soon! Plus having Everton down with us will keep is back in the shadows again. 

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WD40 said:

His existing contract ended June 2022, and presumed the one year rolling contract takes him to June 2023 - i.e. that first year was established as part of the talks.  But maybe they were all mis-leading headlines and that first year is up for negotiations in June?

In which case, he's doing a great job to get out of the club! lol.

In truth, it'd be a far cleaner way to leave, i'd hate for there to be anonymousity - we had that with both Lambert and McNally who brought some very special memories here.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

His existing contract ended June 2022, and presumed the one year rolling contract takes him to June 2023 - i.e. that first year was established as part of the talks.  But maybe they were all mis-leading headlines and that first year is up for negotiations in June?

In which case, he's doing a great job to get out of the club! lol.

In truth, it'd be a far cleaner way to leave, i'd hate for there to be anonymousity - we had that with both Lambert and McNally who brought some very special memories here.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/sporting-director-stuart-webber-signs-new-contract-at-norwich

This suggests 12 months rolling . See my earlier comments. Rolling contracts have no end date - they are ended by one of the parties to the contract . If the employer ends it - pays 12 months money . 

• Like 1

If we finish on more than 21 points technically this Prem season is more successful than the last time we were there… 

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/sporting-director-stuart-webber-signs-new-contract-at-norwich

This suggests 12 months rolling . See my earlier comments. Rolling contracts have no end date - they are ended by one of the parties to the contract . If the employer ends it - pays 12 months money . 

Look at it like Groundhog Day.  Every morning Webber currently wakes up knowing he has 12 more months left to work out his contract.  Every bloody day!  Not 90% of them or anything else ..... 🙂

• Haha 1

It is amazing how quickly it unravelled but I don't see how his position is tenable unless he comes out with a full and contrite apology which feels very unlikely. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

with a full and contrite apology which feels very unlikely. 

Some would substitute that for a 'u' right now.

• Haha 1

He is past his peak. Too many are getting cramp on the pitch. He is arete plonker and he has a Massif ego. And as we do not score we are known as the nunatak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It sounds like he's only here because he has a good relationship with the owners and they wanted him to remain in place - I therefore wouldn't be surprised if he walked.

For all the OTT rubbish on social media he'd be leaving the club in a much better position than it was when he arrived in multiple aspects; he probably feels he doesn't need or deserve the aggro of being called a c*nt by a group of people holding a duvet.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Some would substitute that for a 'u' right now.

Yeah, and stick the "rite" part at the front.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I think we are seeing unfold is that it was Daniel or Stuart... Stuart won. You could see that pain on Delia's face post Brentford win. 

Wrong call at the time. It was Stuart's head to go. A Footballing ethos through the club, patterns of play, youth development are way more to me as a fan that the EP'ishy'L ... 

The prize on offer is finish 17th to 9th. That is no a prize. 

In the Chumps... We know who we are... We will have our name on that Trophy more times than Liverpool soon! Plus having Everton down with us will keep is back in the shadows again. 

I think that this is reasonably near the truth. 

Smith was appointed to prove that the players purchased were good enough. He hasn’t done that - and he is a perfectly capable manager - ergo the players aren’t good enough. 

I have sympathy with Webber because to do otherwise is to admit Norwich’s ceiling. The very little-old-Norwich mentality he came to overturn.  

And yet the mountain is large. And familiar to many of us. 

So the fault is Webber’s. And yet it isn’t. And Farke was perhaps our apotheosis. Yet you can’t admit that. And Smith couldn’t and hasn’t done any better. Yet he might have. 

Oh dear. It is about the money then. 

Parma

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

he probably feels he doesn't need or deserve the aggro of being called a c*nt by a group of people holding a duvet.

"Embarrason" sounds like a wicked Brazillian player though.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is past his peak. Too many are getting cramp on the pitch. He is arete plonker and he has a Massif ego. And as we do not score we are known as the nunatak.

Summit needs to change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Where are you hearing these rumours? From people you know who work in the club? 

Good riddance in my opinion, Saturday was really a dark day for him and the club. Delia and Michael are left with no other option but to get rid otherwise it will be those two who fans start coming for very quickly. 

3 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Where are you hearing these rumours? From people you know who work in the club? 

Good riddance in my opinion, Saturday was really a dark day for him and the club. Delia and Michael are left with no other option but to get rid otherwise it will be those two who fans start coming for very quickly. 

Well much the opposite actually, if they get rid of Webber they're then the one's open for criticism if anything. Webber stays and the focus will primarily be on them.