yellow_belly

Webber to go this week.

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

We don't really know the money has been wasted in terms of next season. Its plausible for example that PLM, Sargent and Rashica are core and vital players next season.

But next season wasn’t what they were bought for was it? 

And just as you say they could come good, which they could of course, there is also the possibility they could be as bad as this season or worse! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You have to sign it once to make it enforceable in law.  Thereafter you just check the calendar every morning.

Of course Webber may have a case in saying although he hasn't signed it, the intention of both sides was that the contract was in force, irrespective of ink on paper.  However that may be risky if there is no other proof of this - the other party could deny it, there may be no board or meeting minute of the agreement, there is no other witness to the two parties agreeing verbally to it etc.  Then it becomes a case of he says, they say, which is down to the judge to decide who they believe. 

Without getting too technical it doesnt need to be signed at all under contract law to be binding,

Just needs to be the mens rea (intention) and actus reus (a physical change in position/act as a result of the contract)

47 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Without getting too technical it doesnt need to be signed at all under contract law to be binding,

Just needs to be the mens rea (intention) and actus reus (a physical change in position/act as a result of the contract)

Thanks, but I'm sure it won't matter. They'll come to some agreement for him to leave and another half a million which could have been used to buy a promising youngster will be spaffed up the wall.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Thanks, but I'm sure it won't matter. They'll come to some agreement for him to leave and another half a million which could have been used to buy a promising youngster will be spaffed up the wall.

Webbo will probably waste it all on Kendal Mint Cake.....

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Is the club worth a lot more than when they bought it? Yes.  Whether they sell it or keep it in the family it has worked out well. 

To ask who are the buyers is also something you & me have no idea about.. Until the club actively look for a buyer or more investment you & I have no idea who is interested. How do you know we haven't already had enquiries? 

As a fan, I and many many other fans do not think the club is well run and is not moving forward. We, until you, are not happy with the direction of travel and, unlike you, don't see the current owners as good for the club.

I suspect your devotion to the owners is a bit of a love of celebrity rather than the love of the club.

Seriously?

As I've said many times they chose to do what they did with their money so it's not necessary to be grateful. But being spoiled brat ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

I don't have love of celebrity, in fact quite the opposite. I don't have a love of other people's money or in fact my own money. It doesn't motivate me it's just there to be used and when it's gone it's gone.. Now if we're going start with the character assassinations' when your mask slips your motivation seeps out. I don't do **** for tat stuff so I won't mention it. But if you think back you'll remember.

Your level is trying to convince people like me that you're the better fan and you know best about it all. That's pathetic because even if you managed to convince me it wouldn't advance your cause at all. Why not grow a pair and set your sights a bit higher than that nutty bloke on the Pink Un.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't do **** for tat stuff so I won't mention it.

Seriously? 

There's a first. 🤞 You keep it up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It's this attitude that keep the club where it is.... we dare not dream to improvement because we maybe a Derby. We can't criticise or ask for better because we maybe Derby and only Norwich fans can't ask for this on a forum without the "why don't you buy it"

I have hated the football and the club this year, mistake after mistake...some on here seem quite content and accepting of unacceptable performance on & off the pitch.

Did you mean to quote my post? I said nothing about criticising, asking for better and have never said "why don't you buy it". I just said it's not true that for every club that fails one succeeds. And it's not.

I don't care if you hate our club. You're just an angry man hitting out behind a screen. As I said on the other reply, setting your sights on that nutty bloke on the pink un is pretty lame. Surely you could do better. But ditch the anger, it's not a good look.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

No, there's not, the fact you think that explains why you think there's less risk moving to new ownership. It's not a 50/50.

You list all the clubs of a similar, or even slightly larger size that's outperformed us in say, the past 10 years. I'll list every similarly sized club who's underperformed, and with richer owners to boot.

Hint: My list is going to be longer than yours.

Do you come on here to wind posters up or actually want a proper discussion? 

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If that post winds you up I have no idea what to say. All i've done is counter your point. You're more than welcome to try and do the same.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But next season wasn’t what they were bought for was it? 

And just as you say they could come good, which they could of course, there is also the possibility they could be as bad as this season or worse! 

If you read my whole post(s), instead of taking a snippet out of context, you'll find I've already said the players haven't delivered / Webber bought the wrong one's for this season.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Yes, as I said in the 2nd paragraph - which I then caveated by saying that proof would be needed of intent on both parties, which usually degenerates into a he said / they said bunfight and left to the judge to decide who is lying.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If that post winds you up I have no idea what to say. All i've done is counter your point. You're more than welcome to try and do the same.

You don’t wind me up, far from It!

Just a curious question

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

27 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You don’t wind me up, far from It!

Just a curious question

Oh good. 

Back to my point...

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You made a point that was demonstrably wrong so hogesar corrected you. If that’s “winding posters up” you have a strange idea of how debate works.

• Like 1

It’s amusing me how when Adams and Gunn were managing us and results were poor, the board were accused of being too nice and cosy. Now people think Webber is too nasty and arrogant. What is it you want? A Goldilocks Sporting Director - not too nice and not too nasty?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s amusing me how when Adams and Gunn were managing us and results were poor, the board were accused of being too nice and cosy. Now people think Webber is too nasty and arrogant. What is it you want? A Goldilocks Sporting Director - not too nice and not too nasty?

Is a balanced personality some far fetched idea?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

You made a point that was demonstrably wrong so hogesar corrected you. If that’s “winding posters up” you have a strange idea of how debate works.

Mute me then, I was asking a general question. My point wasn’t wrong either, just because you say it’s wrong, doesn’t make it wrong! 

23 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So you haven't got an alternative but you want them gone because half their wealth hasn't been enough for you.

I’m not privy to any information the club has on who is interested in buying Norwich City. 
Will half their wealth save us next time we are facing admin? 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Oh good. 

Back to my point...

I can sit here listing teams, 

Wolves, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Leicester(champions)etc. all played championship football in the last ten years.

then there’s your Wigans (won the FA cup) QPRs, Portsmouths(fa cup win 2008), sheff weds, Sunderland’s etc.

Your list may well be longer, but we were told we had a solid foundation, would only sell to the right buyer etc and as much as I dislike our ownership, I believe they can make the right choice.

That is my point of it being 50/50. It’s either going to go Pete Tong or we might actually manage to stay in the premiership and compete. But we stagnate like this and end up not gaining a championship promotion? What happens next?

We are falling behind by the fact we are just sinking straight away now after coming up and a losing mentality is very difficult to shift.

I live close to West Brom and have seen the demise of their club and I fear we are next. Owners not backing, poor transfers, no back room stability, yo yo’ing between leagues.

There is my reasons! 

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Is a balanced personality some far fetched idea?

Middle ground is not a pinkun thing.

I remember when some people expressed concern about the amount of goals we were conceding at times under Farke and were immediately met with 'SO YOU WANT HUGHTON BACK DO YOU????'

• Haha 2

Mute me then, I was asking a general question. My point wasn’t wrong either, just because you say it’s wrong, doesn’t make it wrong! 

If it’s factually incorrect, which it was, then it IS wrong. I don’t want to block you, it’s perfectly possible to have a reasonable debate without resorting to untruths or insults.

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if they want to express one, they have to be prepared to have it debated.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 11:34, yellow_belly said:

The rumours coming out of the club is that Webber is off, but Walking or pushed?!

Webber has run out of excuses and people to throw under the bus.

He has been found out and the only option left is run away. No doubt he will be looking for one last person to blame and he can't find one hence his silence and reluctance to talk to local press.

Does Delia have the balls to sack him? 

The fact he has been found out must be killing his massive ego and any thoughts of high level job in football. 

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously? 

There's a first. 🤞 You keep it up. 

I'll make an exception for you. When the PUPs season is over I'll get back on my A game and risk 30 days. **** for tat.

Edited by nutty nigel

I live close to West Brom and have seen the demise of their club and I fear we are next. Owners not backing, poor transfers, no back room stability, yo yo’ing …

Billionaire Chinese  owners ‘not backing’ to be precise (making the Peace years look like stability and continuity).

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’m not privy to any information the club has on who is interested in buying Norwich City. 
Will half their wealth save us next time we are facing admin? 

It's funny you should mention administration Doc. I think steering us through the difficult years where similar clubs were going into administration is something our owners deserve huge credit for. Not forgetting that we were closest we've been to administration when Martin Armstrong went to them for investment.

I get they're not rich enough for you. But it is what it is.

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Seriously?

As I've said many times they chose to do what they did with their money so it's not necessary to be grateful. But being spoiled brat ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

I don't have love of celebrity, in fact quite the opposite. I don't have a love of other people's money or in fact my own money. It doesn't motivate me it's just there to be used and when it's gone it's gone.. Now if we're going start with the character assassinations' when your mask slips your motivation seeps out. I don't do **** for tat stuff so I won't mention it. But if you think back you'll remember.

Your level is trying to convince people like me that you're the better fan and you know best about it all. That's pathetic because even if you managed to convince me it wouldn't advance your cause at all. Why not grow a pair and set your sights a bit higher than that nutty bloke on the Pink Un.

I chose to say what I and many others feel about the club. You replied " I suspect for some reason it's a personal issue" thus implying its not valid or reasonable. I didn't attack you personally or have a go but when I reply in kind you start rubbish about attacking you. I'm really not..  

Zero anger issues with you, I really don’t give you that much attention to you but probably best, given your obvious issues with me, that we give each other a wide berth! 

Trust me, I have never thought or said I was a better fan. Daft sod!

Are you called Stuart by any chance 😜

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I chose to say what I and many others feel about the club. You replied " I suspect for some reason it's a personal issue" thus implying its not valid or reasonable. I didn't attack you personally or have a go but when I reply in kind you start rubbish about attacking you. I'm really not..  

Zero anger issues with you, I really don’t give you that much attention to you but probably best, given your obvious issues with me, that we give each other a wide berth! 

Trust me, I have never thought or said I was a better fan. Daft sod!

Are you called Stuart by any chance 😜

The problem is you quote me and then go on a random rant that has nothing to do with anything I've posted. 

I also didn't say you'd attacked me just that ridiculous accusation that my views on here being formed by love of celebrity. They couldn't possibly be formed through 55 years support of the club I love could they? Because they're different to yours and you're the main man when it comes to having views on our club.

I'm still not doing **** for tat but as the penny didn't drop the issue was the Catholic church 🇻🇦🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

I personally don’t quite get the Webber witch hunt that is going on but he clearly does have a way of riling people (especially journalists) if he has now fallen out with the local media and the Nick Ma****er fella who once seemed to be firmly in the know.

Overall, if he does now leave then his tenure has to be classed as a success. The club is in a demonstrably better position than what he inherited and whilst people can call him a fraud etc but that is pretty indisputable.

I noticed one of the TNC boys state he has failed twice in his objective but I personally think this view is narrow minded. Would anyone with the available resources been able to enable Farke to have kept us up in that first season. This year has not been great, that clearly needs to be reviewed but ended up losing 2 of our best 3 players (Emi and Skipp) and also got zero from Cantwell. That is some loss. Yes we have spent some money but net spend is what c£15-20m? Hardly massive premier outlay.

Hindsight with transfers tells a different story but I think we all would have been happy with Gibson and Dimi at the end of last year (albeit everyone now slates the Gibson signing, I didn’t see much of that in June 2021), I think everyone expected Kabak to be better, Rashica was seen as a coup, as was Gilmour. PLM was an experienced midfielder who had played at a good level and they either didn’t get thr desired CDM or Normann hasn’t quite worked out. I fully agree with everyone else the Sargent and particularly Tzolis signings were odd! These signings overall coupled with the losses have left us in a bad place but I don’t think there was a lack of logic or ambition, they just haven’t worked out.

naturally all things have a shelf life and it might be time for Webber to go but this vitriol built up against him is OTT in my opinion. 

• Like 3