chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (PL/H) *****

3 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Should have been playing further up the pitch all season. He can find a pass.

I've always thought that Normann looked more of an Emi replacement than the Skipp replacement he was supposed to be.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

One more goal and we've beaten Derby's lowest ever goals scored record. Something to play for 😁

Joint with Sheffield United as well (2020-21).

Best/most complete performance of the season for me. Well played. 👏

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

So after getting a point at Brighton, I'm going for a 1-0 win. As ever, Pukki.

OTBC

I was close!

OTBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Should have been playing further up the pitch all season. He can find a pass.

All of our midfielders can... none of them have done it consistently enough, or been played enough to have a go.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Best/most complete performance of the season for me. Well played. 👏

I was close!

OTBC

Watford away was but definitely close

Well done boys. Good to see the players haven't given up. We ought to be really targeting finishing above Watford (and Burnley if we can). Bit of extra PL prize money, but more importantly it would change the mood heading into what will probably be a very challenging summer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Where was this against Brentford

Or Leeds, or Brighton

10 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've always thought that Normann looked more of an Emi replacement than the Skipp replacement he was supposed to be.

OTBC

I agree but he's never been given that chance to play further forward.

He has the vision to play that role.

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

All of our midfielders can... none of them have done it consistently enough, or been played enough to have a go.

I disagree, not all have the vision of Normann and he's never had the freedom to play further forward.

Crikey, back-to-back clean sheets. Four points from six. 

It really is the bloody hope that kills ya, isn't it?

But, as I said in an earlier comment, all we want is to see them fight for the shirt. They showed today that they were.

• Like 6

Absolutely delighted. Obviously the better team and with a better final ball I think we might have had a hatfull. Gives us hope for next season that the players we thought wre really dreadful like PLM, Dowell etc might be too good for most of the EFL.

1 minute ago, 7HAR1980 said:

I disagree, not all have the vision of Normann and he's never had the freedom to play further forward.

It's all very well having the vision, but he's hardly been consistent. Especially since his spell out. Even in todays game, was hardly the best performing player. Also, picking a pass can be done anywhere on the pitch... unless you are suggesting he's far better passing when there is no responsibility on him defensively.

Good to see a win again, feels like an eternity. Another nice bonus is we've found PLM's best role and position as the Stiepermann replacement and Dowell had a good game which is encouraging, thought his performance was on par with what Cantwell was churning out at this level 2 years ago.

Burnley were shocking though, that was every bit a top Championship game and not representative of a usual match at this level so we can't suddenly start thinking the tide has turned and  we're going to go on a run now and survive, but if nothing else it bodes well for next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

It's all very well having the vision, but he's hardly been consistent. Especially since his spell out. Even in todays game, was hardly the best performing player. Also, picking a pass can be done anywhere on the pitch... unless you are suggesting he's far better passing when there is no responsibility on him defensively.

Really not sure why you don't understand the point I'm making.

He should have been playing further up the pitch with the freedom to pick the passes for Pukki's movement.

So yes, no defensive responsibility. 

With Normann playing further up maybe we'd have seen more consistency. 

I mentioned months ago that I would have liked to have seen Sorenson defensively holding and Normann further forward, then it's a free pick for the other central position.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Crikey, back-to-back clean sheets. Four points from six. 

It really is the bloody hope that kills ya, isn't it?

But, as I said in an earlier comment, all we want is to see them fight for the shirt. They showed today that they were.

Je suis Lakey!

Rupp looked really lively when he came on. He’s looked good most times he’s played this season IMO, shame he can’t stay fit. Worth another couple of years IMO though as a squad player so we can target our summer spending wisely.

14 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

I am one of Normann's harshest critics, but I take your point. He is totally unsuited for a holding role, in both footballing and psychological terms. He's a hit three-****-passes, hit one-great-pass sort of player who should be nowhere near the defensive midfield.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Rupp looked really lively when he came on. He’s looked good most times he’s played this season IMO, shame he can’t stay fit. Worth another couple of years IMO though as a squad player so we can target our summer spending wisely.

WHich means he'll be fatigued next week lol.

Great performance, by all, including PLM in advanced role, Mclean, Normann, and Dowell, plus a 2nd clean sheet.

If Dowell could keep these performances up, he looks to offer more than Sargent. Felt sorry Rowe didn't get his first start, as I suspect we all expected, but well done Dowell!

Does this again show we play better without wee Billy, bless him 

57 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Where was this against Brentford

They're not stupid, they know now they're definitely down so in a funny way that takes the pressure off. Today was 1 side playing with pressure and one without and it showed. 

Almost feels strange to celebrate a fairly comfortable win. I always like a professional 2-0 victory. Burnley were gash, but the job was done. 

Important for morale to get some good performances in and hopefully some more points - on 21 now and still 7 more games to go. 4 from 6 now & would be simply delicious to get another clean sheet at Old Trafford next week. 

Well done to the lads! OTBC!

amazing what a win in the sunshine does for the mood.

Happy to drag Burnley down with us into the abyss, I don't see them as much of a hindrance to promotion next season as perhaps Leeds, Brentford or Everton might have been