CANARYKING

Give me a reason to go on Sunday !

3 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Give Delia a clap?

You can get cream for that! 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the pre and post match beers. It's a huge game for Burnley. It isn't going to be pretty!

If we can't be competitive against them we may as well give up.

15 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

For the first time ever I’m thinking of staying at home, just can’t raise any enthusiasm for it.

Yep. 

53 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm looking forward to the pre and post match beers. It's a huge game for Burnley. It isn't going to be pretty!

If we can't be competitive against them we may as well give up.

This is an interesting one.

Those wanting Everton scuffing around with us in the Championship next season should be rooting for a Burnley win especially if they beat Everton on Wednesday.

• Haha 1

The 2pm KO means ' Er Indoors and i will have plenty of time to get to Pogue Mahon's before the music starts at 5pm.

I’ll be coming up from Surrey, as usual, for the game.  It’s clearly likely that we will be going down, but imo anyone who doesn’t go when we are at last chance saloon can barely be classed as a proper supporter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The 2pm KO means ' Er Indoors and i will have plenty of time to get to Pogue Mahon's before the music starts at 5pm.

Mr Mahon must have b*lls of steel opening a new bar in POW Rd.

Hope it works out.....it's been pretty depressing down there for years.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The match could be as good as the one at Turf Moor earlier in the season. 

You mean the one where we fought so well to get our first point of the season. If we fight as well as we did in that match we should get something from it.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You mean the one where we fought so well to get our first point of the season. If we fight as well as we did in that match we should get something from it.

I’m sure if we can repeat that performance and get another 0.0 everyone will go home happy. 

44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

A fantastic 0-0 Win incoming.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

With a name like Pogue Mahon, I dread to think what the ‘cabaret’ involves 🤣

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If I didn’t want to go, I wouldn’t. 

I hope you have a good day. 👍 you deserve it

12 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If I didn’t want to go, I wouldn’t. 

This place is full of weird online flexes - who can show to be the most 'disillusioned' is an odd competition.

We are relegated but if I supported my team based on success and glory I'd have either stopped going years ago or never would have supported Norwich in the first place. Football is football. Norwich is Norwich.

OTBC

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

For the first time ever I’m thinking of staying at home, just can’t raise any enthusiasm for it.

Go, assume the worst, hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

I hope you have a good day. 👍 you deserve it

I’ll be with my boy, we’ll watch the game, **** about it/mistakenly experience a moment of optimism, disagree on who was the best/worst, meet up with friends, have some beers and go home.

Wouldn’t change it for the world.

N.B.

We went to Crawley away a few years back as a birthday bonus. Got stuck in traffic, missed a large chunk of the game, the ground was dry, we lost and Phillip Heise gave possibly the most inept display I’ve ever seen by a City player and there is some stiff competition. We still laugh about it and how bad we were. I was glad it was him I experienced it with. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This place is full of weird online flexes - who can show to be the most 'disillusioned' is an odd competition.

We are relegated but if I supported my team based on success and glory I'd have either stopped going years ago or never would have supported Norwich in the first place. Football is football. Norwich is Norwich.

OTBC

If you don’t want to go, don’t. It’s really that simple. If it will provide you with no enjoyment or it’s going to make you angry for three days, then it’s probably best not to bother!!! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If you don’t want to go, don’t. It’s really that simple. If it will provide you with no enjoyment or it’s going to make you angry for three days, then it’s probably best not to bother!!! 

Yeah. I mean don't get me wrong I can get pi**ed off at a bad performance,  inept ref and make me grumpy for the rest of the day. But without sounding philosophical / raging hippie, the fact football can generate all these emotions show i care about the team. Like you say, horrible away days that you look back on and laugh.

A little more premium but I was supposed to be in a box at Old Trafford for a game against them. Our sales director at the time couldn't have messed up the drive getting there anymore. We missed the pre-unlimited drinks. We missed the three course meal. We entered the box 42 mins into the first half with a load of drunk United fans throughly ripping into Norwich as I believe we went 2-0 down. Think Giggs was manager at the time.

I still look back and laugh that we stopped for an hour and 45 minutes because someone else travelling with us was adamant there was an unbelievably good cake shop somewhere en route. Turns out he had somehow mixed up United with someone like Southampton. Never did get a slice.. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m sure if we can repeat that performance and get another 0.0 everyone will go home happy. 

I would be. Another Norwich 0 and no shots on target will bring much joy and show just how much we moved forward since Turf Moor.

• Like 1

I'm going because I'm hoping to see if John Travolta might be a guest of Delia and be sat in the Directionless Box alongside her.....

I wonder if John's had time to read Delia's latest best selling 200 page book?....

image.jpeg.07f614e32b5ba38256b69cb75c36f398.jpeg....'Hey Mello, I've heard a lot about you. Do you mind if we have a selfie together?'....