Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Apologists Are A Man Down Tonight.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says 'Tweet Robin Sainty @RobinNCST We cannot exist in the Premier League with this model. I've tried to believe that we can but I can't. In many ways this is worse than two years ago. 6:31 pm 5 Mar 2022 Twitter for iPhone 17 Likes'

This is the reality . Nothing more , Nothing less. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Really don't understand this need people have to divide the fanbase. We're all disappointed.

It has been going on for many years. There's a group who have held a grudge against the current owners for 20 years and like to use every opportunity to pretend there is an easy solution. I'd have more sympathy if any of them were capable of explaining in reasonable detail how an alternative model might work rather than just say that "we need investment" - by which they mean debt or multi-million pound gifts - as if a few million would be a game changer. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

There are no hiding from the facts, this has been another disastrous attempt at becoming a premier league team, the model, owners and subsequent poor recruiting and salary capping means that until fundamental ownership changes occur we will remain a yo yo club at best enjoying 1 season of highs in the Championship and misery in the subsequent  premier league. Maybe the answer is to take the cash on every promotion but give away our place until some day the super league finally comes and then we stand a chance to be become an established premier league club again. 

17 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

That’s surprising. I thought Sainty was king of the clappers.

Who could take over ? 

Hogesar 7/4 fav. 

Nutty 5/2

Corkio 9/2 

Chicken 6/1 

Purple 10/1 

14/1 bar. 

Again, to “compete” - and by that, I assume we mean stay up comfortably - we don’t need investment, we need a benefactor. Someone with tens of millions might help for a short period but that input of money needs to be sustained year after year if you’re going to become an “established” Premier League club.

The more I watch of the Premier League, the less I like it. But if we were being bankrolled by a nation and winning every week, I’m sure I’d enjoy it. At least in the immediacy. Would it be the same Norwich I started supporting though? And is it important? I’m sure we all have our own takes. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Are apologists and clappers the same people? What are the others known as?

Realists Nutty.

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Again, to “compete” - and by that, I assume we mean stay up comfortably - we don’t need investment, we need a benefactor. Someone with tens of millions might help for a short period but that input of money needs to be sustained year after year if you’re going to become an “established” Premier League club.

The more I watch of the Premier League, the less I like it. But if we were being bankrolled by a nation and winning every week, I’m sure I’d enjoy it. At least in the immediacy. Would it be the same Norwich I started supporting though? And is it important? I’m sure we all have our own takes. 

Just to put up half a fight would be a start. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Oh of course.😂

But only when they call it right...

And usually with a big dollop of hindsight

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are apologists and clappers the same people? What are the others known as?

People Tilly has a grudge against. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Would it be the same Norwich I started supporting though? And is it important?

No and yes are my answers to this.

• Like 3

Interesting that the ownership debate is rearing it’s head today, after a 1-3 loss to a team of very similar financial stature, who were 9-12 points behind us last season in the championship.

I don’t think we need to look quite so high to find the source of our problems.

• Like 1

I still blame today's result on Smith picking McLean& Gilmour in midfield.

He's done that a few times this season as did Farke.  

The model has thus resulted on the wrong manager being appointed.

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Interesting that the ownership debate is rearing it’s head today, after a 1-3 loss to a team of very similar financial stature, who were 9-12 points behind us last season in the championship.

I don’t think we need to look quite so high to find the source of our problems.

Did they sell their best player when they came up to? No, he was bagging a hatrick against us today 

And did they sign Ajer, or instead settle for a p-poor loan signing at CB rather than the player their manager actually wanted?

3 minutes ago, Grando said:

And did they sign Ajer, or instead settle for a p-poor loan signing at CB rather than the player their manager actually wanted?

Ajer was not good at all. Honestly one positive of today was not having spent £20 million on him 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Let's keep this simple. This situation is all the fault of happy clappers and Kenny McLean. There, that's easy.

You missed Gilmour out. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grando said:

Was Ager good today?