Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

MOTD - so lazy!!!

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I'm really fed up with hearing about it. It was plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain what Boris is like - has always been like, yet they selected him as leader, people voted him in to be PM - and now everyone is up in arms about it......people got what they voted for. Belly aching about him now about him lying and misleading is just bizarre - he's always been the same! 

And this is exactly why he keeps getting away with it. The public in general have been turned off politics and the current government are doing everything in their power to turn more people off it or at least leave them feel disenfranchised so they can continue to do whatever the **** they like, continuing to destroy the country for their own personal gain...

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

True, but you are also forced into funding the PM's weekend country retreat, a subsidised bar and restaurant in the House of Commons and multi-billion pound fraud during the covid crisis!

Why is it that it is only the 44p a day to the BBC that causes some to want to write letters (a novel experience for some of the critics I'd imagine). 🤔

Beacause regardless of what the cost is it's still a cost. Having to pay to watch ANY of the now thousands of tv channels just to fund only one of them (which I don't watch..) is stupid and outdated.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They should have explored that. Channel 4 is partially publicly funded and partially commercially. It has a future. The BBC doesn’t and it’s their own fault.

Due to their charter they can't though. They have to provide certain levels of coverage to everything whilst remaining free to everyone and free of advertising. C4 always had a different remit and requirements and as you point out is only partially public funded. It was setup this way, it didn't change into what it is.

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

The program was hosted by Mark CHAPMAN, not LINEKER!

It was Manish BASIN actually 

6 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If it’s so marvellous they should have no problem giving people the choice and making it optional. In this day an age forcing people to pay it - when the beeb is so impartial and with an obvious metropolitan liberal bias - sucks imho

For metropolitan liberal bias see extreme right wing moaning that they don't get a TV version of the Mail / Express / Telegraph. 

The BBC is fantastic and caters for Deaf, Scottish / Welsh, educational programmes, great documentaries etc. Respected around the world and something to be cherished.

If you don't like you've got Dan Wootton and the fantastic GBNews to keep your rabid views happy xx

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Due to their charter they can't though. They have to provide certain levels of coverage to everything whilst remaining free to everyone and free of advertising. C4 always had a different remit and requirements and as you point out is only partially public funded. It was setup this way, it didn't change into what it is.

It had foresight then. It’s still the BBCs fault 

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

For metropolitan liberal bias see extreme right wing moaning that they don't get a TV version of the Mail / Express / Telegraph. 

The BBC is fantastic and caters for Deaf, Scottish / Welsh, educational programmes, great documentaries etc. Respected around the world and something to be cherished.

If you don't like you've got Dan Wotton and the fantastic GBNews to keep your rabid views happy xx

This issue isn’t ‘is the bbc worth it’ the issue is ‘should people who don’t particularly like it be forced to pay for it’ - make it optional and everyone is a winner 

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I'm really fed up with hearing about it. It was plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain what Boris is like - has always been like, yet they selected him as leader, people voted him in to be PM - and now everyone is up in arms about it......people got what they voted for. Belly aching about him now about him lying and misleading is just bizarre - he's always been the same! 

19 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Yes, but this can be changed. The license fee is unfair and needs to be changed: it may be that other changes need to accompany it. 

10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

This issue isn’t ‘is the bbc worth it’ the issue is ‘should people who don’t particularly like it be forced to pay for it’ - make it optional and everyone is a winner 

Should people who don't have children be forced to pay for schools?

11 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I won’t even start on the fact we got 30 seconds right near the end of the programme but YET again lazy journalism from them 

‘Billy Gilmour has been a key figure in Norwich’s resurgence’ 

has he? I must’ve missed him in our wins v Charlton, Everton and Watford - he of course was no where meat the pitch as he has been out injured 

just pathetic 

Frank Lampards name got more air time than our match!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause regardless of what the cost is it's still a cost. Having to pay to watch ANY of the now thousands of tv channels just to fund only one of them (which I don't watch..) is stupid and outdated.

You don't need to pay the license fee if you only view online TV services (other than the BBC). 

I'm surprised that you never view any BBC TV or use the website or the radio for City away games for example? If you had children, I'm sure that you would welcome the BBCs output as a rest from the permanent diet of cartoons that most commercial TV stations offer.

Why do you guys waste your time watching that rot?
Its like your sadists, they are never going to show us in a good light.

I am actually enjoying the pant wetting from teams "Beaten by the worst team in the Prem"
We need a song.

"You must be crap, You must be crap, We just beat you..... You must be crap"

Edited by Nexus_Canary

7 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

We subsidise the railway over £5 billion a year before we even consider HS2. The last time I caught a train to London I was three hours late.

14 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Should antivaxers be allowed to use the NHS?

I know this is a dumb comment but I thought I would keep the trend up.
Get a grip man, its like saying lets stop funding the military... all those ££ wasted on nuclear submarines, missles etc could pay for our schools, NHS, roads etc 3x.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, anti BBC bias or what - as ever most of it utter drivel; the tv licence is 43p a day - anyone considering that a waste of money is pretty daft.  Their coverage of NCFC is pretty weak, but then so is almost all the (London) media’s.

You are mixing two arguments up. Whether the BBC is worth the money is inconsequential. It’s the fact you have to pay by law, with the penalty of prosecution and prison.

The BBC model has been obsolete for quite a while. DAB radio and the internet has made the main reasons for this license disappear.

While I’m happy that you think 43p a day is fine and not a financial burden to you, there are millions who can’t afford 3 meals a day. Your comment is a bit tone deaf considering 43p a day makes an enormous difference to many.

Next time you are on Netflix or Disney or Amazon, count how many BBC programs are available. Even if you pay for your license, others who don’t get the benefits of that payment without having to pay themselves.

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

I've seen this lazy comparison before. You're comparing the obvious necessity of a formal education system for all with some nice to have TV programs - TV programs that anyone can get free elsewhere if they so wish.

I hardly watch or listen to any BBC content. If it was subscription, I wouldn't pay for it as a whole package. I might pay for the cost of Radio 5. Maybe the BBC website. That's it. But under the current regressive system I have to pay £160 for content I do not want or need that is in no way a necessity to me or others in society.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

Motd is a piece of sh*t that needs putting down. 

Haven't watched it in ten years. 

Thats what you get for paying a license fee for a state propaganda channel. 

The sooner its destroyed the better. 

• Like 1

And another thing ... it's the way they've written the commentary narrative before a ball's been kicked that get's my goat. It's quite amusing how it all goes quiet when we produce a neat passage of play leading up to a chance. The Gilmour thing's just the latest manifestation of this same old cobblers.

I can't be bothered to watch MOTD, haven't done for months, even when we win.

Pathetic coverage of Cambridge v Luton on iPlayer, was an absolute insult.

It does seem the BBC is on it's last legs and the Government will force them into a different way of funding. 5Live in the morning's is dire and don't get me started on BBC Breakfast.

Good riddance to them.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I think the problem is more with individual news programme presenters and editors, not the BBC as a whole. You get all these ridiculous interviews with mps or ministers where they are brought on to talk about an issue, that issue is then skipped over to spend the majority of the time interogating them about partygate. People are fed up with it! 

A way out for them would be to actually answer the questions. But of course in many cases the suspicion is that they hope there’s no time left to be questioned too closely on what they want to talk about.

I was gobsmacked when that cretin made the Gilmour comment, utter proof if even needed that no research was made on us. 

Come on, above the thin veneer of independence given by Panorama and Sunday Morning, the BBC is the UK's state broadcaster.  As I reminded Nadine Dorries recently after her threat to shut down the BBC, if she did privatise / close it, HM Govt would have to create another State broadcaster to ensure they could get across their public health / social justice messages without it being impacted by adverse editorial.  Where's the value for money in that for the Treasury?  She very quickly changed her tune the next day.  

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Let's have a free vote based on facts and see if the majority are happy with the funding. The BBC has developed because of it's funding policy. It's why it makes great TV free of commercial constraints. 

If you are unhappy watch something else. There are tons of thinks I have to pay for but would rather my taxes went elsewhere. This government knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

37 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

As I reminded Nadine Dorries recently after her threat to shut down the BBC

TBF, I don't think that she ever threatened to shut down the BBC, she said that its funding should be up for discussion. I agree with this as the License fee is regressive and outdated. £160 is a significant sum for some people and it is unfair that a single person of say 20 in a bedsit on the minimum wage has to pay the same as a family of five earning collectively over £100,000.

I agree with Nadine Dorries on this (😳 😳).