TheBaldOne66

All the Cantwell haters

I guess you are including smithy and DF in that comment because they didn’t pick him …..

Yes actually I think it's a great move for Todd getting some game time where he can shine in a team that's lost its way a bit. Hopefully he will come back and play a role in the Premier league next season.

• Like 2

Cantwell haters? 😂

He hates his home team which had given him the chance to play in the Premier League, which he snubbed by being spoilt and petulant, and also thinking he was bigger than NCFC.

So to answer your question of "Happy Now?"

Absolutely f**king delighted.

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Not a hater but delighted he's gone.

Our squad has a very hard job to do which requires it's full attention. We didn't need the Cantwell distraction!

• Like 3

I really rate him, gutted it didnt go to plan as he could(?) be amazing...the problem as I see it is he rates himself far more than he should do. 2 managers can't both be wrong can they?

What was the stat in his "amazing" championship last season? 6 goals...via 71 shots. Oooow?! Changes the view a bit doesnt it? Dean "stato" Smith knows. Good luck lad, i hope you grow up.

*I think the soft spot is because he looks a bit like my son. 😆

Its a shame about the whole situation. He is a beautiful player when in action. Exactly what has happened I have no idea. But if two managers dump you the problem is probably with you.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Bloody delighted it’s like Xmas morning 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

This is surely a "Forum First for Fred"?

1 minute ago, shruk4 said:

Its a shame about the whole situation. He is a beautiful player when in action. Exactly what has happened I have no idea. But if two managers dump you the problem is probably with you.

That's what gets me as well. When Farke left I really was thinking prehas it's a new start and a big chance for Cantwell even more so given all Dean ever did was talk positivily about Cantwell and how much he's a great player and how he admires him...

Only for it to end this way regardless

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Glad someone else is paying his wages. Maybe this will wake him up! 

Do hope he does well but sadly get the feeling he's going to be more of an Alex Pritchard V2 the way he's going rather than a Maddison

• Like 1

I suppose we wil now be subjected to numerous Cantwell threads every time he turns out for Bournemouth.

As for me i will have more interest watching paint dry or spiders crawling up a wall.

Edited by TIL 1010

17 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Not a hater but delighted he's gone.

Our squad has a very hard job to do which requires it's full attention. We didn't need the Cantwell distraction!

Indeed, it was becoming a bit of a circus.

The difference between Cantwell and, say, Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey is that the latter pair are motivated by their football career, and being the best players they can possibly be. Cantwell seems to be motivated by fame and fortune, with football being the vehicle that got him there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think he ever actually played that well without Buendia. Great looking footballer, very graceful and skillful but contributed very little overall and way too lightweight for the PL. I will follow his progress out of interest and I genuinely hope he sorts himself out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

I don't think he ever actually played that well without Buendia. Great looking footballer, very graceful and skillful but contributed very little overall and way too lightweight for the PL. I will follow his progress out of interest and I genuinely hope he sorts himself out.

My sentiments exactly.

29 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You happy now? 

yes   if he was my son i would be disgusted with him

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I think that's a little harsh. Six goals from midfield in a very poor side that finished miles bottom is a very good return.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed, it was becoming a bit of a circus.

The difference between Cantwell and, say, Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey is that the latter pair are motivated by their football career, and being the best players they can possibly be. Cantwell seems to be motivated by fame and fortune, with football being the vehicle that got him there.

I partially agree with this.

I genuinely believe that Todd's main priority is to be a top player and have a successful career.

He obviously enjoys using social media and maybe uses it (along with a few interviews) to enhance his profile. The problem with this is that people will question his priorities when things don't go well. It's the same as Drmic. 

As you've mentioned, the difference between Max and Todd is stark. Max earned his move long ago, yet has acted with nothing but professionalism. When he moves, he'll leave with our blessing - along with the tinge of disappointment that such a good player has left.

Todd has been trying to leave for two seasons and it irks - especially when he is a local lad. 

I hope Todd realises that he should be moving to a decent PL club, but his behaviour has resulted in a move to the championship. I honestpy believe that if he had 150 apps and played consistently well this season then he would've gotten a big money move to a PL club.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You happy now? 

Yes, a fresh start is clearly best for all parties.

Why would you want a young lad to continue to go through this confidence crisis and to refuse him the move away that he clearly wanted? Would seem cruel to me.

yes. I've nothing against the lad personally as I don't know him but his career with us was going nowhere for reasons maybe we'll never find out. If he was that good then this was the perfect season to step out of Emis shadow and become the main man. Seems he's been found out.

59 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He's ended up back in the championship the absolute waster.

That might not make him a 'waster'. might just mean he's had an epiphany and realised that the Championship is his level and he isn't "going to the top" after all. 

Might want to downgrade the Lambo and knock the private jets on the head though, if his earning potential is £10k a week rather than £80k a week. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That might not make him a 'waster'. might just mean he's had an epiphany and realised that the Championship is his level and he isn't "going to the top" after all. 

Might want to downgrade the Lambo and knock the private jets on the head though, if his earning potential is £10k a week rather than £80k a week. 

If he wasnt able to perform to a level be it either in training or in games that warranted a place in a 20 man matchday sqauad ahead of the likes of Tzolis,Placheta ,Dowell or even Jonathan Rowe, in a struggling side then that is alarming.

It may as you say be as simple as him not being as good as his early promise had indicated.

But we werent asking him to be good enough for Liverpool...we were asking him to be better than Dowell etc and roll up his sleeves and help out his team and team mates when they needed him